Where the fuck do I buy a goose for Christmas dinner in New England? NH or Mass preferably

Where the fuck do I buy a goose for Christmas dinner in New England? NH or Mass preferably.

Or a cheaper one online because $160 for a goose(not even shipping is included) is insane. I don't care if someone just snaps its neck and mail it to me. This will be probably be my dad's last Christmas and sprung up that he has always wanted to try goose for Christmas. None of the hunters I know have any and can't find a local farm with any.

Other urls found in this thread:

schiltzfoods.com/Whetstone_Valley_Goose_p/wvg.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also would be willing to drive up to 1 1/2 hours or more if I get that desperate.

Go to an Asian market.

I second the Asian market, and you can also ask a local butcher if they can get one for you. If they don't have any, they may be able to tell you where you could get one.

If that doesn't work, why not just spring for the $160 goose? $160 to help make your dad's last Christmas is a small price to pay.

Been to two in the past two weeks but they werent very big places. Didn't have rabbit and barely any meat at all. I'll try to find some bigger markets.

Broke as fuck because I already gave up this month's groceries, electricity and car insurance to keep melectricity shit on and keeping them fed without my dad knowing I'm the one who is paying for it for them. Can do maybe 80-100 at most.

Just want him to have a good probably last year.

If you have a Whole Foods or similar anywhere near, they usually have such poultry this time of year. I would call them before driving too far to save you the trouble, though.

schiltzfoods.com/Whetstone_Valley_Goose_p/wvg.htm

Don't know how much shipping would be, but that looks like your best bet.

www.schiltzfoods.com/Boneless_Goose_Breast_p/sbb0225.htm

Is it the presentation of the bird he wants, or just to taste it? Because if it's the latter and you're that hard up for cash, you're better off getting a 1 package boneless breast from this site. Looks like the cheapest thing you can get online.

It's currently goose season in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

I called some hunter buddies and they didnt get any this year. Also briefly looked on taxi.net for whole frozen ones.

Thanks, I'll check it out. My internet is limited at the minute since I only have access at work.
Christmas dinner will be for about 6-8 people and three of them are fat who eat so much we have to regulate portions sometimes when they are over.

Will prices go down after 25th Christmas or will it just be impossible to get brcause its a holiday item? If thaitemn't the case then it can wait til Jan because my family also celebrates Orthodox Christmas.

What's difference from Goose and Duck? I've only tried duck, it's pretty good but carries alot of grease and fat

What part of the country are you in? You probably could get away with shooting one. If you're feeling lucky, you can get the birdshot of equivalent of an arrow and hunt geese the same way.

Just do what I do.
Go to a park and find a nice hissy honker.

fucking barbarians

The second sentence mentions the region.

Despite I don't own a weapon nor hunt(i do prepare and tan skins as well occasionally taxidermy mounts for hunters i trade with) I have never seen any goose on the ground in the 5 years I've been living here. I hear and see them flying by often but even by ponds and lakes I just havent seen them grounded no matter what the season.

Not really related but I also have only seen two 'wild' swans in the past 15 years when I used to see them regularly. Mostly black swans but they all just disappeared.

portsmouth nh here

where you at brah

Nashua.

Go outside and kill a Canadian goose. I know they're a protected species but who's gonna care?

Well, found some chowhound threads about how Market Basket, Stop N Stop, Mayflower and Savenor's carry some. MB and Stop N Shop 4.99-7.99 per lbs scattered across some select Mass stores so I have some calls to make.

I have to go but thanks for the help. I think I will be able to snag one somewhere even if I have to convince a pet goose owner to sell me a live one.