Comfy books

Post your favorite comfy book, comfy drink and comfy setting... or whatever is comfy, really.

I have the B&N classics Dubliners & Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man in the same volume and it is one of my favorite books. Maximum comfy. I have some chamomile tea and read it before sleeping very often. 10/10 recommend

The Magic Mountain is max comfy level

OP let me take you on a journey...
...to MIDDLE EARTH!!!!!

Anyone know any comfy drug-related books?

Fiction.

Jesus Son is good depressing/comfy core

The hobbit
Lord of the rings
Borges fictions
A hero of our time
Essays on idleness
The pillow book
I am a cat
Tales from a Chinese studio
Zhuangzi
Dhammapada with commentary

Invisible Cities and chamomile tea

I have that one too. I would recommend it as well

Kill Yourself by Me. Pretty good book if I do say so myself, and I do.

V.
After reading GR, I expected V. to come down on me like a sack of jelly and ADHD on LSD, but it turned out comfy as fuck.

I'm so glad that comfy threads are spreading all over this board

And I'm going to read it while on vacation in a small cold town lost between the mountains

the picture of dorian gray is comfy as fuck. grip some opium cigarettes and just lay in bed with that thing.

Mr. Robot desu

>A hero of our time
What's the best translation?

The Quiet American is the far more comfy opium book.

A Sportsman's Sketches

dat new england

Reading this on the train home from London is up there for some of my comfiest experiences.

I agree partially, only the first half is comfy. The second isn't because of the events that start to happen.

George Orwell - Down and Out in Paris and London

To the Lighthouse
If on a Winter's Night a Traveller
Also mad comfy

Infinite Jest, unironically.

skagboys, trainspotting, and as user said, IJ (currently reading it)

there is also a bigass chart but i dont have it

Would you say that "Tales of Petersburg" is comfy?

About to go to the bookstore, what comfy books do you recommend I get lads?

harry potter or dubliners

The Secret History by Donna Tartt

Winnie the Pooh is beautiful.

Not letting this die

That version is awesome

Pic related

Either on the couch in the living room with a cup of water and absolute silence, the back porch under an umbrella in the morning with coffee, or at the kitchen table with a cup of tea in the afternoon. Preferably rainy. Maybe I've listened to a little Steve Reich to wake me up. Maybe I've strummed mindlessly on an acoustic guitar. Maybe I've taken my dog out for a stroll around the neighborhood. Maybe I've already masturbated to Remy Lacroix stretching her asshole behind a piece of glass.

What is so comfy about Dubliners? Never read anything by Joyce.

Aragons's Le Roman Inachevé was a really comfy read. Also Celine is very comfy to me but it's because I started reading him early in my life, it's probably not that comfy.

kek

Turgenev's A Sportsman's Sketches.

this, totally

almost ten years later and i still haven't found a book that creates a similar atmosphere

I've read it more than any other book. It's weird because not very much happens, but the feeling it creates is so unique. Just thinking about it makes me want to read it again.

dubliners
finnegans wake is strangely comforting when i read it aloud
master and margarita (they do not deserve heaven, they deserve only peace)
the sheltering sky

my dude.

Comfiest travel journal in a dying world.

The atmosphere, the prose and the fact that it's an anthology of vignettes of the lives of common Dubliners. And of course, that last paragraph:

>Yes, the newspapers were right: snow was general all over Ireland. It was falling softly upon the Bog of Allen and, further westwards, softly falling into the dark mutinous Shannon waves. It was falling too upon every part of the lonely churchyard where Michael Furey lay buried. It lay thickly drifted on the crooked crosses and headstones, on the spears of the little gate, on the barren thorns. His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

This book is so damn comfy.

>tfw no older mentor to sit and spin yarns about pirates and life over tobacco pipes and brandy.

Books funny as well.

Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.

Fiend isn't comfy, but it's quite a ride.

Missed the fiction bit - EKAT isn't fiction, but it's still a fun read.

Dorian Gray is overrated schlock. Not even Gray's boipucci could save its shit prose.

I think a lot of Calvino's work is maximum comfy. Marcovaldo, Invisible Cities, etc. just get a nice audiobook and relax from his cute little stories.

>invisible cities

Mio negro

+ Gin