Sichuan/Szechuan peppercorns

Bought a bag of these to make Kenji's dan dan noodle recipe (I didn't like the taste).

I have a whole bunch left over and am wondering what I can do with it.

I really liked the unique scent of the peppercorn, and am hoping to make some more conventional (not necessarily western) recipes with it instead of taking another chance with "authentic" Chinese dishes.

>inb4 just use it in place of regular black pepper -- They smell very different from each other

Grind them and use them in a spice mix for cookies or cake. I bet Szechuan pepper would be really good in pfeffernusse.

Mapuo Tofu, hotpot...any sechuan style

I hate how these fuckers sometimes stick to the back of your tongue and the only way to get them out is to stick a finger down your throat

I've never been able to make these work
Every time I use it, i'll toss in a small pinch in the last 5 minutes of cooking and it overwhelms every time

t-turned myself into Szechuan popcorn, Morty

taiwanese beef noodle souip

>reddit peppers
kys

>Kenji's dan dan noodle recipe
Holy shit I thought I was the only one that knew about that.

powder it with cumin, garlic and lil bit of ginger. It's a good run for lamb skewers

Infused Vodka?

???

kenji is super mainstream and popular, why would you be surprised at this?

I didn't know he was popular. That's the only video I've seen of his.

Make chilli oil.

>pfeffernusse

Just call them peppernuts you fucking faggot.

i mix it with black pepper in my pepper grinder.

looooooooooooooool epic xD you like rick and mory too? GET SCHWIFTY! LOL!

Pretty sure szechuan peppercorns have been used in cooking at least 500 to 1000 years before the existence of rick and morty.

>he doesn't know about time travel and paralel dimensions
lol! too bad for you trusting your government! You'll never turn yourself into a pickle with that attitude! PICKLE RICK!!! xD

Good one.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT! xD!

Fuck off /v/ermin

I'm Pickle Rick! Wheres my szechuan sauce? Give me my szechuan sauce!

Well, at least you used them for something so I can't tell you to stick them up your ass.

Made this yesterday. Was the shit. Just go easy on the peppercorns

Danny Bowien's Chongqing Spice Mix

Those wings are good.

autism.

>Just go easy on the peppercorns

Ever since I saw this in f/sn I've wanted to try it. How hot is it? Also what kind of restaurants should I be looking for if I couldn't be arsed to make it myself?

The authentic dish is very hot. The chilies and peppercorns put together make for an intense spiciness. You should look for it in Szechuan-style Chinese restaurants.
Other Asian or fusion restaurants may serve Westernized or Japanized versions of the dish. Those are usually milder, sometimes without any Szechuan peppercorns at all and very little chili.