Homemade italian sub

>homemade italian sub
>homemade ramen
>homemade burritos
>homemade sushi

Why on earth would you go to the trouble of collecting diverse ingredients, doing myriad prepwork, and having a ton of surplus that you dont know what to do with, to prepare something which is typically made to order in literal seconds in an assembly line fashion?

there are so many delicious dishes dishes where the opposite is true, where a home kitchen is vastly preferable to a restaurant kitchen, such as coq au vin or ossobuco or even just simple mashed potatoes.

Is it reddit?

In order to want to make something you need some frame of reference in which that thing is somehow desirable

Some people have never been exposed to good food, so all they can think to do is recreate five guys sauce, or whatever

Sushi takes skill to make and roll properly so I imagine its about having that skillset

It's not like making a burrito is hard at all

Because some people aren't lazy fucks, they know that they are using good quality ingredients and they also know that there is no one spitting on their food during the process.

>and having a ton of surplus that you dont know what to do with
This says all we need to know about you, especially in regards to cooking. You lack imagination user, and likely any real cooking knowledge/skill as well.

lmfao wow

sushi, ramen, pho, curry.. asian food in general i prefer to go out for because it's always better than i can make
burritos are 50/50 i can make great burritos at home but they are a pain in the ass and some places can make a half decent ones
i've never had an italian sub better than i can make at home so i would never go out for one

You can buy all the items needed to make those things by weight or as a single serving except maybe tortillas.

Burritos and a sub are way cheaper to make on your own. You can make a fuckton of spicy fried beef, some refried beans, rice and cheese and you can freeze it for months.

I can make a kilogram of meatballs for ~5 euros that are way better than what you get at subway or whatever the fuck.

You are a retard.

> why do you choose to practice and improve your skills at something you have to do three time a day for the rest of your life?

Gee, I don't know, goober.

i can understand ramen and sushi but burrotos and italian subs? really nigga?

Same reasons I sometimes make my own cheese, or people make their own sauerkraut.

We can fine tune them to our tastes, and most importantly, it's fun.

>Sushi takes skill to make

It does though. He never said how much skill, it still remains a skill. Like poaching an egg, or making a roux

practice. cooking is a life stat, everyone eats and enjoys good food so by leveling up your cooking stats you can influence others positively towards yourself.

>he doesn't know about life stats
>constaza.jpg

>homemade ramen
It's true that it's just junk food but it actually takes a lot of time and experience to make a good ramen stock.

this is literal teenage tier with no exposure to actually cooking

>homeade italian sub
bread - uh, make or buy
beef and pork? - use and keep for later
tomatoes - grow or buy
spices - keep stock of
parmesan? doesn't go bad

>burrito

chicken or beef or pork? (go exotic, but whatever) - freeze the meat.

beans? dry goods- they don't go bad.
wheat/corn flour? doesn't go bad
rice? dry goods

veggies?
onions - always keep in the fridge
chives - always keep in the fridge
carrots- always keep in the fridge
garlic - always keep in the fridge

cheese? - pick a few favorites in a bag and stick in the fridge. what the fuck

>ramen
keep kombu and sardines (and really chicken, beek and pork stock)in stock
keep "spices" in stock
fish cake? Use and freeze for later
shrimp? Use and freeze for later
Pork? Use and freeze for lat
keep "spices" in stock
fish cake? Use and freeze for later
shrimp? Use and freeze for later
Pork? Use and freeze for later

>homemade sushi
always keep mirin/soy sauce/rice vinegar in stock
rice - doesn't go bad
seaweed - doesn't fucking go bad
fish - buy the nigher

>homemade sushi
always keep mirin/soy sauce/rice vinegar in stock
rice - doesn't go bad
seaweed - doesn't fucking go bad
fish - buy the night you're making sushi. Ask for .10 pounds or whatever the fuck or each kind of seafood

Veeky Forums ain't your personal place to learn how to cook. get off your ass, get a cookbook, and start cooking or keep spending 10 times the amount at a restaurant for inferior food.

>Homemade sushi
So I can have a decent selection without avocado in every fucking piece.

>Why on earth would you go to the trouble of collecting diverse ingredients, doing myriad prepwork, and having a ton of surplus that you dont know what to do with, to prepare something which is typically made to order in literal seconds in an assembly line fashion?
so that you can control what's in it and how it's made. are you retarded? also don't abuse the word 'myriad' like that it's seriously triggering.

>a ton of surplus that you don't know what to do with
They're called leftovers and you're supposed to eat them.

Yeah I mean to make the broth from scratch you've got to boil pork knuckles for like 10 hours and if you want fresh cuts of pork to put into it then you've got to slow roast a whole joint just for those two or three slices.

>Gf
>Wife
>Prostitutes

Why on earth would anyone go through the trouble, time and money with any of those when you can just jack off?

you make the pork stock and freeze it in freezer bags - 1 or 2 cups per bag. it doesn't go bad.

For the pork, you make a roast and then ...you fucking freeze it. Slice it up, then freeze it again. Take a slice or two out and throw it in your ramen soup after ten minutes thawing. You think all the ramen shops make fresh pork roast daily for their "authentic" bowl? Fuck no. You can go through the tenderloin roast in a month if you're eating ramen 2-3 times a week. 2 weeks or less if other people are having ramen.

>Why on earth would you go to the trouble of collecting diverse ingredients, doing myriad prepwork, and having a ton of surplus that you dont know what to do with, to prepare something which is typically made to order in literal seconds in an assembly line fashion?

Because that's the shit people from kitchen nightmare does. And they fail.

Except tortillas (especially flour one) can be made of stuff you just keep around the house if you cook often, like you can make bomb flour tortillas with flour, water, and reserved fat from something you've cooked (I typically use bacon fat or beef tallow if I have it)

>carrots in a burrito

I ask myself that every day