How to start into literature

Since im not spending my time with anything i decided to finally use it for something and start reading, i always liked to read when i was younger though it was mostly the usual fantasy stuff.

Im especially interested in Books about Psychology and History. Politics, especially NatSoc interest me, though im not a /pol/poster or something.

The real reason im making this thread is because im asking for help on where to start, what do you guys reccomend?

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Greeks.

Homer (Iliad and Odyssey)
Hesiod
Herodotus
Euripides / Sophocles / Aeschylus
Thucydides
Plato
Aristotle

Do you mean all their works or can you specify?

Yes

At least that will keep me busy for a while.

Most only have a few works. Homer has two, Hesiod has three short epic poems, most of the tragedians' plays are lost, etc

Since you're interested in history, you could also read Xenophon too for Greeks. If you want Roman history, you can read Livy, Plutarch, etc and modern (see ).

I'm not very well versed in psychology unfortunately (I want to read more so hopefully someone else answers).

Finally, this site may interest you (it's not just philosophy as you traditionally think, you can find articles on the philosophy of history/psychology and such):
plato.stanford.edu

Yeah, i especially like Romans

Thanks, but i am rather looking for physical books i can read when im not at the PC/at home

That and IEP can be quite helpful both in terms of actual content as well as proper guidance on where to find helpful sources.

i'll dump my /pol/ charts

some good history books

Just don't bother reading ALL of the socratic dialogues. Get one from each age (there are three of them).

Thanks, i just have to find out which ones i can read without getting arrested here in Germany. lol

A friend reccomended me that one too

Harry Potter.

Pic related.

I did read the books when i was young, back then I think I liked them.

Does that mean the books have to be kosher or halal?

Rather, even thinking about the word "right" is a crime. A book store here got shut down when they had a reading of one of Evolas works iirc.

For Psychology/History in late 19th century and onward read William James' Varieties of Religious Experience, then Freud's Interpretation of Dreams, 3 Essays on Sexuality and Totem and Taboo if you're into his style, then either Jung/Campbell or Lacan/Foucault depending on your inclinations either disagreeing or agreeing with Freud's, respectively.

If you want Psychology prior to the 19th century we'd be going into Religious/Philosophical territories.