STOP EATING SHELLFISH

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/09/19/551261222/guess-whats-showing-up-in-our-shellfish-one-word-plastics
>In 2016, she and her students at Vancouver Island University planted thousands of clams and oysters across coastal British Columbia and let them soak in the sand and saltwater of the Strait of Georgia. Three months later, they dissolved hundreds of them with chemicals, filtered out the biodegradable matter and looked at the remaining material under a microscope. Inside this Pacific Northwest culinary staple, they found a rainbow of little plastic particles.
>"So when you eat clams and oysters, you're eating plastics as well," Dudas says.
>In 2013, he began sampling the coast of British Columbia for microplastics. The researchers found up to 9,200 particles of microplastic per cubic meter of seawater — about the equivalent of emptying a salt shaker into a large moving box.

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2013/12/26/257255752/pacific-northwest-suffers-after-china-bans-shellfish-imports
youtube.com/watch?v=5oQbCOz9nlU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>mollusks=arthropods
Retard

>Seafood absorbs plastic
>Humans Eat Seafood
>Humans Poop
>Poop is processed at a waste treatment facility
>Plastic is removed from the ocean

EAT SEAFOOD

Wouldn't i simply poop out the plastic?

wouldn't you just poop the microscopic bit of plastic? Also, there's probably more mercury than plastic in there. Either, nips gooks and chinks eat this shit their whole life and they seem to have a decent lifespan.

FOR ME
IT IS THE CRAWFISH
THE BEST FAST FOOD SHELLFISH

Yes, but a large amount of us are horrible sociopaths

Who /VanIsle/ here?

op, why didn't you greentext the part that explains why consuming non-digestible, microscopic bits of plastic is harmful for humans?

>wouldn't you just poop the microscopic bit of plastic?
Depends on what size they are. Large particles? Sure, you poop them out. But smaller ones can get stuck in the textured surface of the GI tract. And really small particles can enter individual cells.

Poop poop poop poop POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP

enjoy your sea roaches faggot

who cares, plastic isn't digested nor toxic. You just shit it out.

if organisms could just shit out plastic microparticles, it wouldn't accumulate in fish in the first place, you mongrel

Enjoy all those BPAs, retard.

>eating
Implying I ate sea bugs to begin with

>stop eating crustaceans because bivalves have plastic in them
Why the fuck would I do that, you imbecile?

crustaceans have an organ especially designed to keep sand that they use to grind nutriants, like birds do.
other shellfishes filter sand, meaning they always some in the body at any given time.
At no moment that plastic was anywhere else in their body.
If you clean your food normally it's going to be safe.

>sand
you struggle quite hard to get your head around that whole "micro-" thing, don't you. same as with mercury, you and any crustations for that matter don't filter shit, because you (and they) cannot filter microparticles. that why that shit accumulates in their bodies, you colossal ignoramus.

Crawdads are freshwater you fucking retard

>not coating your insides in plastic to sterilize against infection
Enjoy mortality skinbags

>having a digestive tract to coat

Get on my level, earthling.

nothing that can't be fixed with a nice colonic irrigation...

I've been trying to get more plastic in my diet anyway.

The literal last sentence of the article says not to stress over the shellfish because the plastic is everywhere and you are eating it anyway.

They also secretly douse it in STPP to preserve the color. That shit is literally poison

>not toxic
Apex lel. Most plastics have moderate to severe toxic effects in the body. Ever heard of BPA, for instance?
>you just shit it out
Yes, because microscopic plastic fragments definitely don't accumulate in animals. Like shellfish, for instance.

Microplastics are a serious health hazard. They fuck with your hormones something fierce.

Is this the continuation of faggotty humane ways to kill lobster thing on the next thread?
Anyway both OP are faggot, kys

This may just be the /pol/ talking, but this seems like the first step in scaring the normies into eating kosher.

There was a story years back I remember about how China wouldn't take our shit.

Just think, how bad does something have to be for China to just be like, naw... no thanks.

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2013/12/26/257255752/pacific-northwest-suffers-after-china-bans-shellfish-imports

Isn't the sea becoming more acidic anyway?
But yeah, you're eating plastic anyways from other shit.

>eating shellfish will make me die faster
thank fucking god. win-win right there

>humane

>Just think, how bad does something have to be for China to just be like, naw... no thanks.
youtube.com/watch?v=5oQbCOz9nlU
Consumer safety was likely not a consideration in the slightest.

raw littlenecks are so fucking good

i don't agree

also, safe

I want fried Oysters now