ITT: meme appliances

ITT: meme appliances

>meme

I have a 30 dollar plastic one I use once a week. I use it to kneed dough while I clean up the mess I made during the baking processes. Then I can just chuck the bowl and the dough hook in the dishwasher. How is this a meme? A real meme appliance is something like pic related.

You know, you're actually a fucking idiot?

(You)

Thanks.
You're still a fucking idiot though.
:)

Umm nuh uh.

Holy shit you're autistic

>here's a pointless screenshot
>it proves you're autistic
You're still a fucking idiot.

I just bought on for my gf for Christmas so she can bake me shit. Are stand mixers really a meme?

What do you think?
Damn you sure showed him, you fucking idiot.

You're trying way too hard to fit in.

Mixers are not meme appliances.

i wonder how many houses this badboy burned down... still kinda want one tho

wut

It's a reference to the TV show Arrested Development. You should go watch it right now.
You're in for a treat.

I’d say those are fairly useful. They can do a lot of different things like kneading dough, whipping cream or egg whites, shred cheese, and just general mixing. Sure you can do all of those things by hand and sometimes that’s nessasary or preferable, but the mixer sure saves time and makes things a little less messy.

Fuck you.

What's the matter, user? You don't like AD?
Or do you think I ruined a really clever inside joke by telling that guy something an image search would have brought up in a few seconds?

>it's a screw cap
>it comes foaming out

oh jack jack jack

>be a name fag retard
>out yourself as /tv/ tard.
Can't make this up.
Get off Veeky Forums and don't come back until you've figured out board culture, dipshit.

Yeah, because only /tv/tards liked Arrested Development.
Fuck off.

>Muh secret internet club
>Muh secret internet club rules and regulations
>Muh board culture that won't eventually change over time
What an absolutely pathetic sperglord you are.

Thanks for the white knight but I don't need your help dipshit.

>Are stand mixers really a meme?

If you use it, no. But there's one guy on Veeky Forums in his 50's who bought a KitchenAid stand mixer 10 years ago and then put it in his cupboard and has been sore about it ever since he keeps projecting his butt pain by forcing this epic may-may.

>I don't have an argument so I'll just impersonate the guy I disagree with.

the good quality stand mixers are expensive but they can save you a massive amount of effort and time. while also openning up you to cooking things you wouldn't before, because to do it by hand tools was too much work. like fresh pasta.

OP has clearly never made any whipped cream.
Or is also a member of Veeky Forums

How is it possible to be so incorrect?

I think I might end up living in a place with no oven a month from now and I'm kinda thinking I might buy one of these. I bake all my bread myself.
It's either that or one of those small combi-ovens that also do microwaves.
Thoughts?

Only really makes sense if you make a LOT of beans and yogurt

> "Cooks rice in only 2 minutes!"
>"But it takes 15 minutes to come to pressure and if you release it fewer than 10 minutes after, the rice explodes"

Gas is a meme. Not worth the risk and lower reliability compared to induction.

Confirmed for eating McDonalds for the quality of their grease.

gas stoves still work during a power outage.

gas has better temperature control.

Why are Veeky Forums crossposters so easy to spot? Is it their misplaced sense of arrogance? Their absolutely incredible ability to interject their unrelated and often imbecilic thoughts into any conversation? Or is it that stunning sense that they think they're much more knowledgeable than they actually are? The world may never know.

>gas is a meme

As a skinny thinbitch chef, I just know how much of a fucking pain it is to do ANY form of baking without a heavy mixer or two. I'm not sure my arms will never be buff enough to not die before soft peaks are met.

>And anyone not using egg foam in confiserie most def works on a line.

I got my grandmother's ancient one recently and it's pretty great when you bake, it makes the mixing and kneading effortless.

why are fatties always so salty

Because starches absorb it so easily.

Because they're the average /tv/ poster that decided to spend 15 minutes reading something incredibly basic and now think they're an expert on fitness. This makes them think they're important.

ITT: Sour Grapes

Just everything I read on Veeky Forums is toxically stupid. Rice cookers are pointless shit if you cook at all. Kitchenaid blenders are the best in the business baring Hobart. Bread makers are for fucking idiots.

You people are all trailer trash.

>)
it really depends on how you feel about it. I enjoy baking things and I had one, there were times I regret the purchase because it was no different than using your own hands and a wooden spoon. However, when holidays come around or for some reason you're baking more than one of whatever it is you're making, specially bread, they more than double your productivity.

Do you want to spend 10 minutes breaking your arms or 7 minutes with the loop? It's just not a discussion. NEVER buy a Kitchenaid attachment for that pasta dowel or any of that shit, but definitely buy a Kitchenaid mixer.

>Do you want to spend 10 minutes breaking your arms or 7 minutes with the loop?

I don't know what kind of things you're baking, but it doesn't "break your arms" unless you're elderly. Where the mixer stands out as an amazing work saver is when you use it to make a lot of something.

A regular batch of cookie dough, a cake batter or bread dough, you can perfectly do with your own two hands and a bowl. the problem comes if you're doing all three in the same day, or more than one batch of whatever. if you only bake occasionally I wouldn't enthusiastically recommend one.

A mixer will make you pasta, a pasta maker will give you a proper sheet.

If you're a dilettante, by all means, do it by hand. Otherwise see

That's an egg pasta put through a kitchenaid, and rolled out in an Atlas 150. To make fettucini and ravioli.

>the cellphone laying on the opened meat packages

Favorite part of this webm

they're very useful and really make doing shit like cakes or egg whites easy. also essential for really wet bread doughs like ciabatta. I don't own one currently and I enjoy doing things by hand, but they're a great asset

Homemade Pasta Recipe
Yield: 1 1/4 lbs dough
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Ingredients:
• 3 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour, sifted (plus extra flour for preparing)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 4 large eggs, beaten
• 2 Tablespoons water
Directions:
1. Place eggs, water, flour and salt in mixer bowl. Attached bowl and flat beater. Turn to speed 2 and mix for 30 to 60 seconds. Add more water if the dough is too dry, in 1/2 Tablespoon increments.
2. Change out the flat beater for the dough hook. Turn to speed 2 and knead for 2 minutes. Remove the dough and knead by hand for 2 minutes. Let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Cut dough into four pieces before processing with pasta sheet attachment. Take one piece and flatten into a rectangular shape. Adding flour to both sides. Be sure to cover the other pieces. Attach the pasta sheet roller to your stand mixer and set it to #1. Turn on the stand mixer to speed 2 and run the pasta dough through the pasta sheet roller. While on #1, fold the dough in half and run it through again. I do this several times.
4. Adding a little bit of flour on each side of the dough again, change setting to #2 and pass the pasta dough through the sheet roller. I do this twice and then twice each on #3 and then #4. If you want thicker dough, don't do the #4 setting.
5. Once again, add flour to each side of your long pasta sheet. Change the attachment to your spaghetti or fettuccine cutter and turn on to speed 2. Run the pasta sheet through and with your left hand, hold on to the pasta as it comes through the cutter. It's usually really long so I cut it and then wind it around my hand to create a nest. Allow pasta to dry for a few minutes before boiling.
6. When boiling your pasta, it only needs 3 to 7 minutes to boil.
7. With this pasta recipe, I prefer the fettuccine cutter.
Notes:
If drying your pasta, hang on clean plastic clothes hangers or a pasta drying rack for at least an hour.

They grind dry pasta doughs if you buy one with enough wattage.

what are you trying to prove? you can make that recipee enitirely by hand, wouldn't be that much more work either, in fact if you/re learning doing it by hand is the way to go.

No, I'm just saying it makes life 10x easier if you can afford it. Do it by hand ffs. Whats your issue? I did it by hand before I got my mixer. You seem so upset about that.

What's up with that copper-looking thing?

Whyou wouldn't you just use an aluminum tray (with a rim) if you wanted to do it like that?

no one is upset about anything. the difference between the kitchenaid stand mixer being a meme or not is really depending on your need. if you're a casual baker, the reward you reap from your mixer is questionable.

A sheet of copper. Retardation.

My dad bought the exact model of bread maker. I'm really disappointed in it. The bread is always dry and tastes pretty low-quality. It's good right away when it's still warm and everything but a couple hours later I don't want to touch it anymore. I'm not sure, maybe there are better recipes to use, but I'm worried that since everything is so automatic that it won't be very flexible.

If I ever met a male with a stand mixer I'd probably buy him drinks and try to fuck him and I'm not even gay.

saying meme makes you sound 18 years old. How about using adult words and saying, "Is this useful to me or not" like a fucking adult.

Do you make pasta often, or not. Do you make bread often, or not. I have recipes for you that you can live off for a lifetime like a king. Or it's Burger King.

took me a second to realize you were answering my questions in order.

Because it's not made properly into a boule.

Kneading by hand gets old

I bake about 10k cookies every christmas, so mine is essential. But I guess if you never bake, it's not really useful.

The other factor is called "yeast attenuation." You want all the yeast to die before you eat it, or it tastes like shit. Live yeast always ruins bread.

Meme isn't meant to be a meaningful word in this context, or if it has meaning, its very nebulous. It definitely depends on your board, tho.

For example, a taco toaster is a meme appliance because its useless except for one very specific thing.
But then /sp/ will call the "Fake punt" in football a "meme play", because it diverges from the usual strategy of football via trickery.
Then /asp/ will call popular wrestlers "meme wrestlers" because... I actually can't explain the common thread there. And of course /pol/ called Trump a meme candidate until he started winning.

Is that something you can just wait on, or will yeast persist if they aren't killed in the oven?

it's always been a childish word. I don't remember when it started. Probably 2009. It just makes people sound like they're kids. I think of everyone who uses it as infants.

>its always been a childish word
The actual meaning is the mental counterpart to a "gene". i.e. you pass on genes through the act of creating a child, then you raise that child, which passes on your memes.

This is why black people have no memes HAYOOOOOOOO

You need to kinda kill it in the womb. Before you cook it. So let your dough proof for a long time. Let it rot. Longer in cold storage, letting it eat all the sugar, the better.

I'm talking about cultural usage. It was always used by kids. I know it's Richard Dawkins that coined it, that doesn't lend it any dignity. It was always used by kids. It always just makes me sick to see.

After yeast has no food, it dies, and tastes great.

Those crazy cornballs!
I'm totally cornballing it up!
NO DUDE! DON'T GO IN THERE! YOU'RE GONNA GET CORNBALLED!
Shyeah, so then I took out my cornballs, and it was smooooth sailing from there.
Arrested "Cornball Madness" Development
Aw shucks man, I blew it. She thinks I'm a total cornball now.
Listen, dingus, if you screw this up we're all TOTALLY CORNBALLED.
Omigod, like, did you hear Kevin has cornballs? Like, groooossss!
Give it to me straight doc. Is it cornballs?
Uh, um, hey Sally. D-d-do you wanna go cornballing with me this Friday?
We have no motive at this time but it appears Mohammad DID use a cornballer in his attack this morning.
Can we FINALLY have a common-sense discussion on cornballs?
Hitler took the cornballers.
Stalin took the cornballers.
Mao took the cornballers.
Hugo Chavez took the cornballers.
I'm here to kick ass and eat cornballs, and I'm all out of cornballs.

>I know it's Richard Dawkins that coined it, that doesn't lend it any dignity.
I think its the meaning that gives it dignity (if that's the right word).

Memes are why you raise your kids rather than just knocking someone up and running away, and (to get a little meta) one of the most pertinent "meme usages" of the word is "memetic warfare", which I'm sure kids think refer to trading image marcos back and forth, but which actually describes completely serious propaganda efforts by governments, NGOs, and of course Mongolian needlepoint image-boards.

There's a difference between shared ideas and people saying "is this a meme camera?, Is this a meme mixer, is this a meme genital plug?"

One thing makes you a sharer of information, the other makes you sound like a fucking moron.

Are polish pickles a meme pickle?

youre the one overthinking this shit. is XYZ a meme has been an expression used on this website for a long time to denote a certain value to an idea or a thing. usually meaning that people like that thing or idea for the status it has or offers and not for the idea or thing itself. and youre coming into a thread literally called meme appliances and youre arguing over what the word meme is because you believe it to be only used by kids. you should go /out/side more often user.

My old man bought one, but for hot dogs. Its adorable, but I will say the toasted buns it produced were choice.

Do they have either (a) a bizarre un-pickle-like quality in how they're made or (b) have an undeserved reputation for high quality?

That seems to me to be the two routes to a "meme pickle" that doesn't involve Rick&Morty.

>takes 15 minutes to come to pressure
more like 5

The only problem I have with it is it takes up a shitton of space. And since you tend to use it a reasonable amount, it's always hogging the counter. It's not an appliance you want hogging the counter.

>MFW I'm an adult and can afford a 750 dollar professional kitchen aid
>Dough hook for making dough
>Meat grinder for making own cheap as fuck mince
>juicers attachment
>grain miller for making hipster type flowers
>temperature based bain-marie simulated whisking for pudding, custard etc.
>tons of other shit I haven't listed

>tfw I have the money to get that
>And I'd probably find all the various tools useful at different times
>But I'd rather have to work harder at cooking in echange for getting a switch.

300 bucks.. you have to save a long time for that?

I like the breaded balls/nuggets of corn at buffets so I would be tempted to get this.

No, I just have tons of savings and no income.

What I can "afford" is based on my own sense of what's appropriate.

any good bread recipes? any tips or advice either?

I just got a Kitchen-aid a month ago and I use it every other day. I've made countless loaves of dough, cookies, Macarons (which were super difficult), and even butter. Shits great, can't wait to get the meat grinder attachment.

Wait you mean if I get one of these, I don't have to wait a day to make stuff out of garbanzo beans?

That is some fine bread, and I say that as someone who barely eats bread

you alright user?

Wife uses it to make tasty baked goods, as well as mashed potatoes and to shred chicken for real bitchin enchiladas. I use it to grind up shitloads of venison and mix bread dough before kneading. Why is this a meme?

low quality b8

That's /ourguy/ right?

Thanks. I guess I'll buy one of those tiny ovens and use that.
It's going to fucking suck moving from the nice big kitchen I have now but there's absolutely nothing on the housing market right now.