Is Foie Gras the most sadistic food, or is there something even worse?

Is Foie Gras the most sadistic food, or is there something even worse?
Not even saying animals are our equals or that we shouldn't eat meat or anything like that, but what the fuck, how can people spend eight weeks pouring fat into pipes shoved down duck throats just to get a slightly better tasting end product? They're already dying so we can eat, the least we can do is not make their last weeks on Earth a living Hell.
Other bad one I've heard of is dog meat in Korea, where they traditionally beat the dog to death under the assumption the dog's elevated adrenaline will make their meat taste sweeter. That still doesn't seem as bad to me as having a pipe loading fat directly into my stomach for eight weeks though. I would without hesitation take the getting beaten to death option if I had to choose, at least that way I'd be dead in a few minutes.

animals aren't human

/thread

Why do you give a shit what happens to an animal before you eat its meat and organs?

All animals are dying so that we can eat.

Fuckong fucking fucking am I getting through to your stupid youthful head with my fucks XD? Solar fucking roadwaays.
Llots of foie gras isn't force fed. The vast majority is goose, and goose are irredeemably evil animals. So are ducks for that matter, they SHOULD suffer. Not to mention this pales in comparison to chicken

>I would without hesitation take the getting beaten to death option

Deal

hey at last the ducks get plenty to eat, there are starving kids in africa you know

It's difficult to make an objective argument for why suffering is bad. But I think most people would agree that, in general, suffering is a bad thing (unless it's suffering that builds character or is part of an obstacle to achieving some goal I guess e.g. there's a lot of suffering involved in becoming an Olympic tier athlete but it's suffering you take on voluntarily for a worthy benefit in the end).
As for why we should care if they're just dying anyway, well using that logic we shouldn't care about any living organisms' suffering ourselves included since all of us are going to die eventually. I don't think that's a very sensible way of looking at it. I think it's a bit unfortunate that animals like these ducks will end up dying so as to become food instead of getting to live out some more interesting / admirable life purpose, but *that* is the part I'm able to be OK with as a justifiable cost for the benefit of us getting to eat something of substance (meat).
Meat eating is basically a necessary evil (technically not necessary but there are some severe nontrivial problems that can come up if you don't incorporate any meat in your diet), whereas force-feeding or other instances of inflicting suffering on animals to make their meat taste a little better is something I'd argue ends up very far away from "necessary." I would definitely prefer it if all animals we eat meat from had nice, relaxing, and pleasurable lives up until they're slaughtered. There's no contradiction in wanting that while still wanting to eat meat.

>this pales in comparison to chicken
What happens to chicken?
>youthful
I'm probably older than you, m8. Just had my 32nd birthday a week ago. I used the word "fuck" once in my opening post, and while the picture I included uses lots of it I didn't pick it out for that reason. I just did a search for images related to fois gras and that one seemed the most appropriate since it described the issues of suffering I'm getting at.

>e.g. there's a lot of suffering involved in becoming an Olympic tier athlete but it's suffering you take on voluntarily for a worthy benefit in the end
How would a duck ever achieve anything similar in its life? Its purpose is to eat fuck and die. It's not a human. It is literally incapable of raising the living standards of its own race.

>so as to become food instead of getting to live out some more interesting / admirable life purpose
Same as above. Animals don't have a "life purpose".

>I would definitely prefer it if all animals we eat meat from had nice, relaxing, and pleasurable lives up until they're slaughtered.
Just by comparing the taste of two meats presented to you, without any knowledge of how the animal lived its life, how would you be able to tell if it lived a nice, relaxing and pleasurable life or a miserable one?

It's just a fucking animal dude. Animals have been around for millions of years and did jack shit. Humans have fucking invented space ships and virtual reality.

This is the most Reddit post I've ever seen.

I'd like to have a word with you, OP.

I was making fun of the picture being blatantly manipulative in a way that caters to edgy teenagers, not you.
Some chicken farms have chicken living in literal layers because of lack of space, while foie gras geese often live quite nice lives

>I have little to no capacity for empathy and I would do violence with fucking glee without the threat of inprisonment and death provided by the government, the post
It’s okay user, sociopathy can be treated. Seek out a good therapist.

>I have little to no capacity for empathy and I would do violence with fucking glee without the threat of inprisonment and death provided by the government, the post
Towards animals, yes. Because they don't have any fucking idea what is happening to them.

Even the most retarded vegetable of a human has a better understanding of how it is being treated than a fucking meatsack animal.

>How would a duck ever achieve anything similar in its life?
I agree it can't, that's why I said it's unfortunate they can't have much meaning in their lives beyond being food but that this is something I'm able to accept, in contrast with them being forcefed with pipes for eight weeks which I think is taking it too far and making them suffer without a very good reason for doing so.
>Just by comparing the taste of two meats presented to you, without any knowledge of how the animal lived its life, how would you be able to tell if it lived a nice, relaxing and pleasurable life or a miserable one?
I don't know that you would be able to tell the difference by tasting their meat after the fact, but I also never argued I could to begin with. I wasn't saying I would prefer they not be tortured because it would taste better, I'm saying I would prefer they not be tortured so they don't suffer unnecessarily.
I actually knew about that one and forgot about it, they did that dish on Hannibal. The way they made it sound though it was treated like some rare ritualistic thing rather than a standard menu item.
Yeah, that's not very nice with the chickens either.

>without a very good reason for doing so

They taste better. That is literally the reason. Humans like food that tastes good. So why not do it?

>not eating foie grass from pig liver

What, are you retarded? That's not foie gras, and a pig has much greater capability to suffer

>I actually knew about that one and forgot about it,
Tweet tweet, motherfucker.
They used to pluck out my eyes to make me eat more.

When I see those replies I just get confused as hell. Meat eaters go through a lot of mental gymnastics and contradictory things to justify it in some way. I do not have such mental hurdles, I'd have no qualms about cannibalism and I don't think human life is """""""sacred"""""" so I accept that some humans are harmful, disgusting, retarded, whatever and should just die and I'd have no problem killing them, so eating animal meat doesn't feel bad at all for me and I don't need to go through loops to justify it. Even so, I believe the animal should experience nature and be traditionally farmed, I don't support that "chicken who don't see sunlight ever" kind of farming, althought I do probably eat meat that comes from that. Ideally, animals should be fed their natural stuff (not only corn) and live a somewhat fulfilling life withing a controlled enviroment. Either that or just go full hunter gatherer and hunt your own animal yourself, that'd be the full experience, you could then process the cuts and store them in the fridge so you'd have a lot of meat available.

Only birds can produce foie gras. It's not physiologically possible to have pork foie gras.

It's ok guys they're just ducks they don't suffer like us human beans with superior nervous system.

i posted two pictures about it here
and now this thread shit thread pops up. you fuckheads don't know shit about food until someone rubs it in your face and then you 'inform' yourself over one or two things because you saw a picture you thought disgusting and come back to shitpost...fucking vegans

i will eat a corn poulard at weekend just so you know

>they don't suffer

They do suffer. Why should I care?

>live a somewhat fulfilling life

lurk moar faggot

Because they're ducks.

Ducks are chill enough that I feel bad about Duck foie gras.

Geese are cunts though so goose foie gras is cool with me. They deserve it. Cunts.

>with superior nervous system.
Nice strawman

We should switch out the geese for African children then

>cruel
>foie gras
Have you heard of the plights of the finless sharks?

Geede stuff themselves naturally. One guy used to make foie gras in a way that his geese just fattened themselves up like Americans in their natural habitat.

Friendly reminder that plants have emotions and can feel pain just like animals, and that vegetarians/vegans are hypocrites. At least the cow is already dead when I eat a steak. That carrot you're eating is still alive and can feel you biting into it.

>Geede stuff themselves naturally.
Great, then nobody has to forcefeed them with pipes ever again, right?

>plants have emotions and can feel pain
Source?
>vegetarians/vegans are hypocrites
That's irrelevant to this thread. I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan, which I made clear in the opening post.

I don’t want to catch sickle cell

Hehe looks like a fun night with the lads to me

I didn't see your stupid posts. Not everything is about you.
>vegans
I don't even eat vegetables aside from V8 or tomato sauce on pizza.

>Humans like food that tastes good. So why not do it?
Because the benefit of getting a food that tastes slightly better isn't proportional to the cost of torturing animals for eight weeks prior to their death with tubes dumping fat directly into their stomachs.
Food tasting better is a nice luxury. If you need to torture animals that way because someone will murder your family if you don't then that'd be more of a reasonable justification for doing that, but torturing in that way for a nice luxury is psychopath tier behavior.

What the shit, is that their anuses?

>this living being has a nervous system that signals when being in danger, and this other living being doesn't, therefore it is absolutely logical that we should only eat the living being that meets my arbitrary made up requirements so I can feel good.

No, why do you people keep responding like I'm arguing against eating meat?
Read before posting, I am 100% in favor of eating duck meat, the issue I'm bringing up is animals being tortured in horrifying ways just to make the meat taste slightly better.

nice try op but foie gras is ducking delicious and ill baby bird those evil little ducks my breakfast lunch and dinner if I have to.

What i want to know how and why the idea for foie gras was conceived.

And it's pronounced 'fwa grah'

>slightly better
fuuuuuuck you

rome and also just eating ducks and geese in November

They probably just noticed that geese/ducks that naturally overate had fattier livers and decided to go nuts with it

You could just add butter to regular duck meat if you want it to have a buttery flavor.

shut the duck up, delete your thread, you have zero idea what you are talking about. You've never even had it clearly. Do your self a favor and TRY IT before deriding it, you ignorant sack of shit.

everyone go home op thinks foie gras is duck breast or something

Does liver not count as meat?

>I have decided that the intensity of the signal this animal feels undergoing this procedure is above the threshold I'm willing to accept, therefore this shouldn't happen and we should only eat meat that undergoes procedures that keep the signal intensity below my accepted threshold.

You ok bro?

its basically all fat

You know how people mommies hug their kids to show they love them? And kitty mommies lick their kids to do the same? Ducky and goosie mommies forcefully vomit food down their kids' throats for the same reason. The duckies and goosies love it when food is shoved down their throats because to them, it means someone loves them. (^:

t. someone who grew up with ducks and geese

>srsly, look up videos of how the ducks/geese line up excitedly to be "tortured" by a pipe in their throats

So you're fine with people getting tortured for trivial reasons too, right? Because it's all just "signals?" Like if someone abducted you and tortured you for a few weeks you'd be cool with that because it's just your signal intensity they'd be altering?

Explain this though:
I'm pretty sure their moms wouldn't do that to them.

>All these edgy underageb& ITT
You're supposed to be better than this, Veeky Forums

Its bad enough you've got vegan faggots now, but that's no excuse for going to the opposite extreme of retardation.

>I have deemed that I should care equally about my own being and that of others, even though it does not alter my wellbeing, this is the decision I've made, you should follow this too.

Bro are you alright? Do you want me to call the physician?

Well that settles it for me. Figures this would be some liberal peta agenda item with nothing to back it.

Nigger, you don't have to "care equally" to have the basic decency to not support fucked-up fetish torture.

Adding to this, I've raised love birds and when they are very small, they need to eat some kind of puddle you give the bird through a syringe, through his throat, so this isn't so weird at all. The bird literally asks for it when he sees the syringe. He then develops a bond with you as if you were if mother/father.

foie gras is on the menu of literally 9/10 of the worlds top ten restaurants and probably 80/100 of the top one hundred, there is nothing edgy about it.
go ask literally any chef
but I forgot this was a chicken tendies board my bad

>I have perambulated the depths of my mind, making the decision that if you do not follow my teachings, it is because you do not have decency (a term I apply to things I like).

Bro hold on, I'm calling a doctor.

>I have deemed that I should care equally about my own being and that of others
Not that what you're describing is even really a bad principle to follow within reason, but it's not relevant to the point you're responding to, so stop evading. You tried to characterize animal suffering as "just signals bro," but you clearly don't believe that in reality and are just being edgy on the internet for fun or something.

>go ask literally any chef
So I should go to the people who make their living off your fucked-up fetish torture, but who aren't directly involved in it, and quiz them on the ethics of how they make their livings.

Gee, how shocking that they would rationalize gross animal cruelty.

You can stop that "joke" now, it's not getting any funnier.

at least dogs deserve it because next to cats they are the only animals who kill for fun

>Lacks decency
>Rationalizes away the notion of decency as "muh oppinions"
The only one sick here is you, fedora-boy.

Explain this though:
That doesn't look like anything normal or healthy.

But user! The ducks don't ASK for the torture to stop, so they must like it!

I'm done, but please, just try it. its really good, and our lively community here has already explained in depth about how its not as bad as you think. Bless your heart and happy holidays.

sorry i did worng to you
>I don't even eat vegetables aside from V8 or tomato sauce on pizza.
>tomato sauce on pizza
you are still a monster

>Cease speaking your current premises, I say, in a passive aggresive tone. I hereby declare you someone who wears this distinctive meme hat for I disagree with your ideas. I must remind you that you lack decency (therefore, I dislike). And you are of sick mind (as opposed to those who follow my path, those have healthy minds).

Ok bro, calm down, the doctor's on it's way, he's just gonna give you some pills so you chill for a bit.

I would explain it if I had any idea what the heck caused that. During my younger years, my family raised dozens upon dozens of geese and ducks and I've never seen anything like that before now.

The major problem with PETA is that they attribute human desires and emotions to other creatures. Most people don't generally enjoy tubes shoved down their throats, depositing food directly into their gullets, true, but most ducks, in fact, do. Similarly, most cats don't generally enjoy hugs but most people do.

Are you not a native English speaker? Now that I think about it that would also explain why you're leaning on this one bad joke so hard.

It's so good that I don't care. I probably also wouldn't care about the ducks if it tasted like rancid shit.

Living the apathy life.

>During my younger years, my family raised dozens upon dozens of geese and ducks and I've never seen anything like that before now.
Did you forcefeed any of them with fat tubes for weeks at a time? Because that's what it looks like, the result of forcefeeding massive amounts of fat into them to the point that their anuses are blown apart by all the unnaturally excessive waste material they need to void out afterwards.

That's not straw mate, it's duck food.

>Aha! I shall hide my preposterous inability to detect the finesse of thy prose including the difficult syntactic constructions of the days of yore by declaring thyself as one of poor taste in jests! As thou might have noticed, my dear sir, this doubles as an attempt to move the debate to another end! Leave whilst thou can, thou shan't receive what thou sought.

Bro, I called the cops, this isn't funny anymore, you need your meds.

Who or what gave you the idea it would be funny to repeatedly use the formula of strawman greentexts in a weird attempt at Shakespearean English followed by a reference to psychiatric medicine?
I'm somehow more annoyed by this now than by your support of pointless animal torture.

>receives end product; foie grass
>pointless

I'm going to sleep now, I agree this shit is degenerate, but skeptical, since people here have said it's something ducks do to their children, althought less violently, maybe. I don't even eat foie grass, I do eat pig liver's pâte.

>Who or what gave you the idea it would be funny to repeatedly use the formula of strawman greentexts in a weird attempt at Shakespearean English followed by a reference to psychiatric medicine?
I'm a certified professional baiter (PhD.), and certainly, you can't deny I got my (You)s out of (You).

>did you forcefeed
Maybe I have a different definition of 'forcefeed' than you're thinking. I would say 'yes, we did forcefeed,' but if you're thinking of keeping the animals in squalid, tiny cages and dragging their necks out and ramming a pipe down their throats, then no: we never did that.

Here's how we did it: cracked maize is cooked with water and suet then put into a feed bucket, which has a drill-like thingy in the middle. Kinda looks like the burrs of a coffee grinder. There's a tube under it.
Call for the ducks. Geese don't typically bother coming straight away because they're less likely to be pleasant than are ducks, but they will come round once they see the ducks lining up and will often start bullying to get fed ASAP.
As soon as geese show up, feed them to get them out of the way and they'll fuck off and stop bothering the ducks.
The process itself: you sit on a chair, position the tube lower to get it into its mouth and a little farther down.
Turn on the drill-thingy and it will start whirring and moving the corn mixture downward and into the tube. Gently swat the duck away if he won't leave and wants more food.
Repeat with the next duck.
I don't know how it's done in large scale operations, but I'd assume it's done more quickly/efficiently. While I've seen maybe a hundred or so ducks/geese come and go in the several years we kept them, others may see that many or more in just a few months.

nice effort post fag

chicken farming/slaughtering in the modern world is akin to a well oiled holocaust. 65-100 thousand chickens are slaughtered on a daily basis at an average slaughterhouse.

They run 24/7 - with most (illegal) labor working on holidays.

365 x 100,000 = 36,500,000 chickens killed at the average slaughterhouse in north america. This is billions or maybe trillions a year in the US alone. You cannot fathom the amount of 'suffering" without experiencing a 40 hour week at one of these places.

That being said - I love chicken, free range them, and enjoy killing a bird who had a nice life.

Enjoy your diseases,shit encrusted(no joke from automated eviscertion) metal, chemicals, and pollutants from 99% of the world's chicken. I could give a fuck if it's organic or not.

There are actually tons of mammals and birds that'll kill just for the fun of it. Hell, orcas'll play beach ball with each other with a seal as the ball, mind you, these seals are notorious interspecies rapists.
We're not super special in sadism.
In fact, we're even kinder hunters than most predatory carnivores, as most of them prefer to eat animals live from the groin to the neck.

My restaurant serves cafe free foie gras that always made me heh

Thanks I guess? What is a post fag?

I dare anyone try to watch any anti Foie Gras protest and not immediately want to force-feed the protesters to serve their livers
Muh-birds protestors are unemployed cancer

Veal is pretty cruel, at least the way it's commonly raised. Imagine being chained to a wall and have your movement almost entirely restricted for your entire (short) life.

Imagine being as stupid as a cow.

Oh that's cute, you think that's bad.

Come to Japan and we'll show you some real animal cruelty.

Don't they enjoy it? I think I read somewhere that it is similar to how they ate as chicks, so they don't mind.

Hi.
I posted //I thought most producers of foie gras did it the way I described, but this thread had me questioning it, so I did some research. Without going into detail, I did not like what I found.

Now I don't know if most producers do it our way or some of the horrific ways I've read about now. If it's the way I said earlier, then the ducks (and geese too) fucking love it. They scramble over one another to get at the tube. They look forward to it to such a degree that some stubborn ducks/geese don't want to pull themselves away from the tube, even after the feeding has stopped, and they have to be swatted away to give other birds a chance.

However, if the other stuff I read is true, I've also read that these ducks/geese are noticeably frightened of feeding time and try to get away. I think the difference might be the handling of the birds in the first place as well as the choice of feeding aparati: we used tubes, which were hard-ish, but not rough or incapable of some give if necessary. They're made of some sort of plastic, silicone or rubber or something like that.
Other producers use pipes, which are metal. They also use a different feed system. While ours, with the bucket and the drill-like thingy takes about a half minute or so per feeding, the other producers use a method that takes just a few seconds (time is money, I guess). The problem is, going at such a fast rate can hurt the birds. It can also cause them to literally burst, like blowing up a balloon with more air than it can hold. I think that's what might have happened to these poor guys:

Your research is shitty. It is tuned so the yield is high as possible. If the animals are hurt they don't produce yield, so there is no reason to do that. That pic is not related to the feeding too. That's a bait.
Secondly stop that 'muh ethical' farming. Without humans domesticated animals such like them won't exist at all.
Moreover let's see what happened at farms:
1.sheltered
2.fed
3.protected from predators
4.vaccined
The list goes on, and I damn well think this life is more or less better than living outside, just to be bitten in the neck by some predator.
This is goes to many strawmans as doggo eating. Fuck you, fuck you. If you can't appreciate other culture I think you should shove your head up your ass more so you cannot talk anymore.
I can and will eat dog. Or cat. Or whatever I want. It is just an animal.
Your pet lobing shit does not have any relations to their dogs. So shut up.

>MUH JAPS ANIMAL CRUELTY!!
whale hunting is not happening only there you huge faggot.
Frogs is eaten anywhere, they are all butchered the same like that webm. Oh, and you don't know some of them boiled it alive? Yeah, they aren't japanese.
>muh dog eating gooks!
There are other cultures who eat the dogs too you faggot.

who's talking about whales
they're probably thinking of the webm of the fish that gets skinned alive, or the dead squid that wiggles when you pour soy sauce on it, or shit like that

That does not even make any sense, we never decide what's to eat based on nervous system. There is no requirement and obligation why we should choose it based on that.
Living being as jellysih does not have brain just like vegetable, yet it is still an animal and not vegan.
What a null.

nice effort-post fag

Oh believe me I've seen those webm baits on threads.
And that dancing octopus is already dead. Those squids that turns white is killed instantly too. What else? Fish? Pain in suffering adds the flavors is a meme.