>in Japan
This thread is absurd

>eating raw fish on top of rice
Enjoy the parasites Or worms you’ll get

Fish used for sushi is frozen. Even in most of Japan

I already dined. Now I dash.

>Waiter you've made a mistake, I ordered the McChicken

>not cooked well done
Send it back. And I've got a $10 dollar Amazon gift card that has your name on it. Now I'm not so sure.

Mom? What are you doing on Veeky Forums?

>stand up
>turn 360 degrees
>walk away
>(the turning in place was because I have autism and leaving without paying makes me nervous)

>What do?
Don't tip

>Sure thing
>*pulls out my Diamond Executive Blue Rewards Plus American Express card*
>This should take care of it *wink*

Serious question, is there any kind of laws regarding absurd pricing?
>If you have to ask, you can't afford it
So I don't list prices on my menu, and then charge $10,000 for a bud lite after you've drank it. Maybe that's a bit extreme but what if I charge $20? Where's the line?

pay 6$ obviously just because of that presumptious attitude.

>c-can i come in and see your prices?
No. I'll have you wash dishes for the next 30 years or have you legally thrown in jail. Or beaten.

>plus tip
tip for what motherfucker?
you do your job. you get paid for it. you don't ask for fucking tips you social parasite

Generally speaking, places that list no prices are built on reputation. If the place were actually a scam designed to get you to owe $10k to the mob (a very common scam in tourist cities in Asia for example), it wouldn't have a Michelin star (or whatever). If you go to a dingy bar you've literally never heard of, and there are no prices available anywhere, you have my permission to be suspicious. If you go to a famous or well-reviewed and well-known fine dining restaurant, be prepared to pay whatever it costs. If you're not, go somewhere that you know is cheap or stay home.

You would have to take them to court and then the jury would decide whether or not the price is appropriate. Places can and do charge 20 dollars a beer.

that sounds like US only thing.

>can you take a personal cheque?

>I don't want to confront them on the pricing, so I get up and leave without eating it

>can you take a personal czech?

We order all our sushi only when comped. $1000 max.

You really shouldn't eat raw fish in the desert, user.

If you aren't getting your sushi comped on a daily basis you are failing at life

Vegas flies in tons and tons of fresh seafood every day.

Inform them they are mistaken, the sushi is being comped.

>fresh
I guess it's true what they say.

The Deep South is alive on 4Poverty.

First bost best bost

Run.

Any of you poverty jags tasted Uni?

>American Express
autistic virgin detected

Sorry, I heard 6000 yens
>Start running

>it's sushi so it must be in japan
>restaurants in japan charge you in US dollars

Underrated

Makes sense

I audibly keked, thank you.

Everyone likes American dollars. Most places would rather accept USD than whatever shitty local currency they use.

*whips out dick* how about this instead

>use a fork
>dip in ketchup
this kills the chink

Then this is a fundamentally flawed situation, as I would not be eating american "sushi."

Lad have you never travelled outside of the US?

>raw fish on top of rice is different in america

>t. somebody who has never been to japan and had real sushi, not rotting fish on plain rice slathered in soy sauce and spicy mayo

>american sushi comes slathered in soy sauce
I see you know what you're talking about

will you get over it already? if you don't think its worth the money then don't buy it. You can get good sushi in japan for 100 yen anywhere no one is forcing you to sample Jiro's

i politely wipe the gross piece of uncooked meat away and don't raise a ruckus because this is obviously a fancy restaurant. then i elegantly place a napkin into my lap to catch any broken plaster crumbs, and begin calmly and deliberately eating my delicious black shower tile dinner.

and then I pay $6,000 on card and leave a $1,000 in hundos as the tip, because it's just fewer steps for the kitchen staff to turn around at 2:00 a.m. and spend it cocaine that way.

and that's my fucking average thursday night.

You're right, Japan's sushi has fish with increased levels of mercury and radiation.

Yeah you tell him, it's not real sushi. *pays 1.900.000 yen for a piece of raw fish on rice* Now this is sushi

>turn 360 degrees
>walk away
retard detected.

uuuuuhhhh

If the didn't list a price, and you didn't ask and just said "I'll have a bud" and they gave it to you, you could probably argue that there was never a contract formed for the beer in the first place since there was no bargained for exchange. Basically claim you thought it was a gift or promotion. Normally it would be a sketchy argument to make, but if they are charging 10k for one then it would probably fly for the jury.

w-wow haha
prices sure have gone up hah
weeewww w-wow
psssssshhhhweeeewwwwww
geez that's a lot
*digs for wallet*
don't know if I can afford this one, haha!

I remember watching a documentary about a master sushi chef who ran an extremely exclusive sushi restaurant. You couldn't even really call to make a reservation and they had no actual menu, you had to rely on knowing someone else to "recommend" you for the privilege of eating at the restaurant. It was basically a bar with like 10 seats, and the sushi chef slowly rolled sushi and hand-painted it with oil, then placed it, one piece per plate, in front of you. You ate it and then watched him make another one. You didn't even get to choose what he gave you, because apparently only he could know what you truly wanted because he was the sushi master and you couldn't begin to comprehend his sushi greatness. If hipsters existed in Japan then they would totally be sushi fans.

Also the sushi chef had some kind of secret deal with a big fish dealer guy where he reserved the best fish for the sushi guy. They treated it like they were trading on the black market, talking in hushed tones and doing business away from the main crowd in the fish market. The fish dealer guy even had one of those yakuza pompadour haircuts and walked around with a fishmongers jacket with the sleeves rolled up at the elbow, like he was a Japanese youth delinquent or something. The way they treated the business deal you would think they were dealing in pure cocaine rather than fish. I guess Japanese people take fish really seriously.

Illiterate detected
(I explained why I turned too much)

>unloads submachine gun into your knees

this nigga

Japanese takes FOOD seriously, prized meat cuts are novelty, and fish comes on top tier.

Not really, I have this hole in wall place where they serves grilled lambs but basically you need to know the chef personally to get a special 'lamb cut'. He only makes three portions a day, mostly finished by 8 am. Also he only gives it to you if you are the one who coming, I got my friend coming and he got a normal cut which is worse.
A good place will have their own speciality special and connections. Otherwise it is not special.

Hello newfriend

Wonder how a poorfag like me even ended up with that in front of me.

Worms live in the soil, that can't happen.

>Plus tip
Tipping is for sub humans if you tip anyone for doing their job you deserve to be shot

*unsheates nagasaki nuke pics*
You don't want it to happpen again tojo, don't ya?

Who in the fuck says "plus tip" without getting at least belittled? A demand for tip would instantly make me not tip.

>a good place
Seems kinda bad

Remember that shrekli guy and the drug for sida and cancer patients ?
Yeah.