Who /diabetic/ here?

Who /diabetic/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

theconversation.com/newly-identified-third-type-of-diabetes-is-being-wrongly-diagnosed-as-type-2-83536
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My doctor says I will be if I don't stop drinking.

if you're type 2 you can cure yourself with diet

Alcohol?

Holy shit, this is Earth shattering knowledge that no one else knows. You've solved science.

Well yeah. Not soda. ffs at least get something out of it.

Me. Currently on Keto and lift to drop to a healthy weight, loat 65lbs so far.

but at the same time your lack of self control is the whole reason you're in this predicament, so I digress

Nope, not fat and lazy.

>only fat and lazy people get diabeetus
Well news flash motherfucker, not everyone on this board is American. Diabetes can affect different people and has several causes. Being fat only increases the risk but is not the sole cause. I personally know someone with diabetes who is in fact underweight.

Yeah, but it's type 1 so unlike the rest of you fat drunkards, I'm perfectly Veeky Forums.

>I personally know someone with diabetes who is in fact underweight.
If it's type 2 and they're underweight it's probably because they wrecked their pancreas so bad that they pissed out all their sugar and wasted away in the first week or so after their body finally gave up on them.
That's what happened to my dad. He was 300 something pounds, ate massive amounts of shit food like bacon or burgers, and then his body stopped being able to take it and he started spending crazy long spans of time urinating, like he'd just have this sustained stream going for five minutes. He looked like a skeleton in a surprisingly short amount of time from there.
I would be extremely skeptical about any alleged type 2 diabetic who not only is currently "underweight" but who never became overweight prior to getting type 2 diabetes. I know a lot of people who have type 2 diabetes and not one of them fits that description. It doesn't really make any sense why someone would have insulin resistance issues if they weren't eating at a caloric surplus in the first place assuming again that we're talking about type 2 and not type 1.

That sucks man. Type 1 is a death sentence.

Stress and lack of sleep can raise insulin resistance. Add a couple of blood sugar spikes from energy drinks every few days and you might already be /glucose intolerant/ like me with pre-diabetic morning blood sugar readings.

How fat are you that a diabetic is "underweight"?

So is being born desu.

Me too. But I always knew this was the hill I was going to die on.

Or a pancreas transplant.

It's Type 1, she got it when she was 8 or 9, see

why must we be born? ;_;

>be a little chubby kid
>whenever I see my doctor he tells me to step on the scale
>tells me I need to lose weight or I will end up being a diabetic and eating pills and taking shots every day
>scared as fuck and don't want diabeetus
>start exercising and lose weight
>no more beetus
>grow up and turn into an alcohol

How likely is it that I'm going to become a diabetic if I get blackout drunk at least once a week?

I don't know but you shouldn't do that for many other reasons. Drink less?

That would be type 1.
Put very simply, type 1 means your pancreas stops producing insulin, so you need to get it from shots.
Type 2 means you still produce insulin yourself, but the cells in your body become resistant to it. There is medicine to combat that as well but some Type 2 diabetics also need to take insulin shots to make up for the resistance to the hormone. Exercise can indeed help a lot with this one.
I see more and more than professionals talk about insulin demanding or non-insulin demanding diabetes rather than types 1 and 2. (IDDM and NIDDM respectively.)

They both suck but if I had to have one I think I'd prefer type 1. It's very manageable with modern insulins and blood testers.

You, haha

fasting can reverse type 2 diabetes

at least ill die with my feet attached

Fuck off with your stupid advice.

You can reverse it by avoiding carbs and sugars and anything obvious long enough WITH excercise. Walking for 30 minutes. Do jumping jacks. Anything to get moving. Then go to a gym and work out heavily and that a1c will drop like a tank. I was 13.3 a1c.

Type 1 here. Not so bad after all, Ive had it for 19 years, 25 years old at the moment. I really dont feel like I am handycapped because of this shit illness. I still party and eat unhealthy food but the point in this is that you just have to keep your bloodsugar at normal levels. So no big of a deal for me personally.

Her parents should have slapped the cake out of her fat maw.

There's a type 3 diabetes now.

wtf is that then?

theconversation.com/newly-identified-third-type-of-diabetes-is-being-wrongly-diagnosed-as-type-2-83536

>tfw have high blood pressure and not a fat fuck