What's the best cut of beef? And why is it the bone in ribeye?

What's the best cut of beef? And why is it the bone in ribeye?

where'd the other half of it go?

I get bone-in ribeye sometimes because it's cheaper, but why would you actually prefer it?

bone = flavor x stock

Not OP - but the bone adds noticeable flavor, at least from what I've experienced.

Chuck roast.

shank. steaks are overrated compared to a good braised or stewed cut. bone marrow and gremolata is great.

skirt steak, truly delicious
>inb4 hipster

Fag

>ribeye cap

Only answer friend. Local Butcher sells it to me for 10.99 a pound.

Live in central cal and get the best beef

best cut of "steak" is bone in chuck steak. There are only two on the cow - and they're the goddamned tastiest.

best cut of beef is butterflied short ribs.

i like strip the best

I usually get an eye chuck or whatever its called from Walmart for 6 dollars. It comes with two decent sized steaks. I rub a variety of seasonings and then "fry"? Them in a mixture of butter and olive oil.

My ninja!

Wow man you're so cool

Picanha or die

>people who get filets
do we pity them or what?

Dry age that and I'm with you.

The correct answer is Porterhouse, followed by NY Strip, then prime rib.

>NY Strip
Really? Never was a fan.

But you're cool with porterhouse?

Who isn't cool with porterhouse? I think the biggest knock against it is that unless you're some sort of akins powered planetoid, it's too freaking big.

For normal human appetities, I think a better choice is a T bone, or bone in strip steak. But even a 1174 is still freaking huge.

Have you ever had a chuck eye?

Uhm no. First off wouldn't they all be prime if you ended it with 'prime rib'? And in that case wouldn't it be a prime chuckeye, tenderloin or hanger?
What they lack in bone you can more than make up in minimal marinating.

It's better than a NY Strip. Fillet beats everything on texture, so the fillet side of a Porterhouse is always a pleasure. The other side not so much. But to me the Rib Eye still manages to have a great texture while beating any other cut when it comes to flavor. So when dropping money on a good steak that's my go to.

Also I'm of the opinion that if you're not dropping money on a good steak it's better to eat something else, because cheap steaks are just a waste of money.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the tritip..

Prime strip steak. cut thick and trimmed neat. ribeye is great for the sweetness of the fat, but nothing screams BEEF like a strip steak.

>cool with porterhouse but not strip

You do realize strip is the large segment of meat on a porterhouse and t-bone right? (both are made up of a strip steak and filet)

>because cheap steaks are just a waste of money.
tell that to my 6 plate squat, soyboy.

>Who isn't cool with porterhouse?
People who like their cuts to cook evenly. That's like saying a filet and a sirloin cook at the same rate/time (protip they don't)

fillet doesn't taste like anything. you have to wrap it in bacon for it to be worth eating. even then it's not what i'd consider steak

This meme has to die.

That's the point. A porterhouse is literally getting two full steaks, and that's just too much meat for me.

>6 plate squat
Whenever I hear this, I imagine some dude eating 6 plates of assorted steaks, chops and ribs, while squatting over a toilet fighting an epic battle against an impacted colon full of meat, all while muttering to himself like a paleolitic caveman.

>and that's just too much meat for me.

stick to sushi then soyboy

Chicken costs less.

>What's the best cut of beef?
>Anything but filet
Are ya’ll niggers poor or something?

>fillet doesn't taste like anything.
That's exaggerating things a bit, but when I want a steak I want more flavor than fillet.
Stop newfagging up the place with your soyboy bullshit. It's forced and unfunny.

>mfw Americans don't know about the superior Entrecôte

Do you guys even know how to eat meat? I hear all your cows are grain fed too.

Filet is good in steak au poivre or any preparation where it is prepared with a flavorful sauce and seasoning. Ribeye is the best for salt&pepper.

>this whole post
w-what?...

going to go with porterhouse. BBQ is king.

Agreed. But that's also my problem with NY Strip: it kind of demands a sauce. But if I want to eat something that demands a sauce there are plenty of things I can eat other than a steak. When I want a steak I want a hunk of meat on a plate that's satisfying on its own.

>demands sauce
... w-what?

>Stop newfagging up the place with your soyboy bullshit
So you hate "soyboy" but you're still newfag enough to say "newfag"
Makes sense.

It's nowhere near as flavorful as a rib eye.

the only flavor note in rib eye is the sweetness of the fat. if you want BEEF flavor you eat strip.

You can have it.

eh. was a typo. "bone in chuck eye"

I vote ribeye. Bone-in, boneless, doesn't really matter.

OP the ribeye you posted is missing the delicious "tail" portion. Wtf?

The picture is actually chuck eye steaks btw. Thought it was ribeyes from the thumbnail but I was mistaken. Nothing wrong with chuck eyes though. They can be almost as tasty as a ribeye and half the price, sometimes less