Veeky Forums gift for christmas

Post that shit that you had been eyeing or that you would love to get for this Christmas

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00RJH92RY/ref=twister_B01JPVXQ5U
amazon.com/Lello-Musso-Lussino-1-5-Quart-Stainless/dp/B00004RDF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

See what /out/ does: They post amazon wish lists or any wish list I suppose from any site, and buy presents for each other.

what am I looking at here

There are much better pasta makers out there. Get a mounted one instead

You know that webm of the guy shaving big gooey cheese thing off something? That's a Raclette.cheese server. Tea lights melt it and you shave off some.

>Raclette.cheese melter

fixed

Well that's fucking retarded and useless

Can it be expensive?
I'd really like a steam oven. But it certainly isn't going to happen anytime soon.

It is for parties. Another name is, "Partyclette".

NO U!

how often would you even use something like that unless you own a restaurant...

why not just use a pan on low eat?

meant to say heat not eat

Is there an American version that holds more cheese? Asking for an American friend.

It is meant to be used on your table, not in the kitchen.

Yeah, we uh, figured that out already.

>Haha get it because Americans are so fat, unlike those refined Europeans shoveling a big fat slab off a cheese wheel onto their brauts!

That was the joke but seriously though what if i need more cheese?

>he doesnt know how to greentext

the chad raclette

Now were talkin

Huh. I didn't know Miele made ovens.

amazon.com/dp/B00RJH92RY/ref=twister_B01JPVXQ5U

>Miele
They make almost everything in the home including microwaves, wine refrigerators, and induction cooktops.

Interesting. I've been looking at one of their canister vacuums for my wife.

I was thinkin this too but whenever I do this the cheese always hardens again by the time I get the dish to my table it'd be nicer if I could be settled down to eat it and have it still be melty

Jesus Christ, just use a microwave.

user..

Low heat on the range if you have a moral aversion to microwaves.

did you read the thread?

I did. Notice how I gave new advice until it was clear that reiterating previous advice was necessary.

Have the mixer but the attachment is still around 170

Notice how if you read the thread you would have known the same "advice" was already suggested earlier. Read the thread next time.

>until it was clear that reiterating previous advice was necessary.
I think we covered this. Why are you so rustled?

You are incredibly dim.

jesus just got a knife and cut his own is this where you want to be when he comes back little user dirt making lazy pasta in the bushes?

what

And you already have plenty of ways to melt cheese.

I'm sad. My mom threw away our perfectly good mixer because we "rarely use it" like wtf you asshole

got one of those for last christmas

breddy gud

That's not the only point of having it. If you weren't so dim and could read the thread, you would know that. But unfortunately, here we are.

Bought mine for my fiance for 160 brand new. She does a lot of cake making so figured getting attachments for it would be nice. Got the ice cream attachment, wonder how the meat grinder would work.

People like you are the reason the economy imploded.

This is on my list.

oh my god that raclette over tortilla chips makes me raaaage
>swiss here

Bought one last year. Easily the best money ive spent in the kitchen. I pretty much always have it on, keeps rice good for 3 days. It also does a little jingle when done that makes me smile.

I've never had homemade pasta, but is it really that good over store bought?

mortar and pestle.

It's no different than any other store-bought product. The product from the store will be pretty good, but nothing great. The homemade product could be anywhere from awful to fucking god-tier depending on the skill and care of the cook. I've had some homemade pasta that was no better than the cheap store brand. And I've had some that was fucking amazing too.

I've messed around with making pasta myself from scratch and it's not a thing for me. I buy mine, though I do think the brands matter a lot. I always shoot for pasta that's been extruded from a bronze die. It has a rougher texure on the surface of the dry pasta (it almost looks "frosted" in appearance). When cooked this type holds the sauce much better than the cheaper kinds, I find it's well worth the money.

Can you recommend the brand you use?

This is the brand that I buy. It's the upscale "store brand" from my local supermarket chain.

Don't fixate on the brand. Fixate on "bronze cut"--it will be marked on the label. Look at the pics closeup for that "frosted" look.

Forgot pic.

One of these pyrolytic cleansing ovens.

My parents had one and that shit looked like new after a cleaning cycle no matter what kind of mess you made. Perfect for lazy fucks as myself.

One of these motherfuckers. Wanted one ever since I heard the little jingle that plays when you secure the lid.

I've made homemade pasta with a machine and just cutting on my own. I can tell you if you could taste satisfaction, then hand-cutting is much better. Putting something into a machine is not very special, if you normally cook with store-bought noodles and want a special night then you should try your hardest.

Are these any good?
I've been thinking of buying one of these pressure cookers

my mother bought two of these this summer. Two of these glorious jingly boys.

I didn't even know about the jingle and I was fuckin delighted the first time I used it. They are glorious and I love them. They are my friends.

Yes they're amazing. You can do so much shit with them.

If you use them correctly; yes. But manny use them as a way to make food easer instead of better, they skip the preparation thinking that the machine will make everything for them

I have a stovetop one which I absolutely love.

Meat grinder is the first one I'm gunna get

>It also does a little jingle when done that makes me smile.
I know exactly what you mean. I bought one recently that plays a train whistle and the sound effects of a train chugging in to a station when it releases pressure. Then when it finishes it has a couple of different ending jingles, a bunch of birds chirping, a cuckoo clock, or some chick singing.

It's a little thing and kind of stupid, but it does make me smile every time. Doesn't hurt that the rice is cooked really well too.

What the fuck is it with these steam ovens all of a sudden? Costco here has three different models and they're all retardedly expensive.

I just barely got the last of the particular large-sized toaster oven that I wanted (cost $120); they'd discontinued carrying it and had two left in back that they weren't going to sell any more, because they wanted to shove $300 "steam ovens" up everyone's assholes.

Steve O?

Thanks user

>turning cheese into spaghetti

absolute madman

Just an entirely new kitchen. I've been dreading the fact that I didn't upgrade my kitchen 1st thing when I moved in here, back then I could afford it, now I can't but I have to fix it because it's complete trash and devalues the apartment.

why is central market so nice and regular heb such a shit hole?

amazon.com/Lello-Musso-Lussino-1-5-Quart-Stainless/dp/B00004RDF0
I eat so much ice cream that I have pretty much run out of new things to try.
I figure it's time I start putting serious effort into making my own.
It's either that or order shit online and pay rediculous shipping costs.

>What the fuck is it with these steam ovens all of a sudden?
I don't know. I've wanted one for a long time and had no idea they were "on trend" now. I just thought the convenience of being able to steam large/multiple things would be a really nice luxury.

I'll guess that some people figured out they could ride the "everything is awful for you" bandwagon by promoting the healthier alternative of steamed food over fried, but I can't see any benefit health-wise over baked. Or maybe they are pushing them as an alternative to the microwave, but that seems equally silly. So I have no idea.

>$300 "steam ovens"
The one in that photo is a whole lot more than $300, it is the size of a standard oven.

CUTE

>Being this new

>$170 for a proprietary gear attachment gizmo that just shreds your pasta for you
Fucking christ, no way those things can be worth their insane cost

>Family insisted I give them christmas ideas last year
>"Rice cooker"
>They got me one of those shitty, glass-lid, "steam attachment" models because "it does more than just make rice!"
>Bubbles over like crazy, overcooks the rice, spews nasty rice water fucking everywhere
why
i just wanted rice

Similar thing happened to me a couple times. Then I just started asking for gift cards to places that sell kitchen gear.

Our family uses some online wishlist thing. You just copy-paste the web address of an item you want. Sure its a bit less personal but it saves a lot of return trips or presents that you end up ignoring because you odnt like them

I've tried time and time again to get them to just give me a gift card but "That's not what christmas is about!"
Fucking retarded holiday, we're all adults with paychecks why don't we just buy this bullshit ourselves

Based Central Market.
Their icecream is nice too. Whiskey and honey, so nice.

old joke is old