Books about impotence

I need a book about a man who is hopelessly impotent. Or just anything about the torture of a man who is insatiably in love. A book with the anguish of pic related

The Sun Also Rises kind of.

The Sun Also Rises.

DH Lawrence "Lady Chatterly's Lover". Late stage TB causes incredible feverish lust, but also impotence. DH couldn't get it up unless his wife did anal. In a letter he called her "my little shitbag"; the dude was absolutely overwrought with lust and love. One of the most under appreciated writers in the language.

Kind of? It's pretty much the plot.

The Loser by Thomas Bernhard
Two main characters, one is the narrator, discover a piano prodigy while training to become piano masters at Julliard. They both drop out, both "hopelessly impotent" compared to the prodigy, but they handle it in very different ways. Worthwhile read, if you can get past the way it's written

Maybe currently under appreciated. You ever read Annaise Nin?

It's been a while, but I don't remember him being "insatiably in love."

Haven't gotten around to it. Where should I start?

He balls his eyes out while she gets fucked by a matador. He's actually impotent.

Depends. She wrote about DH Lawrence though. I'd recommend her first diary without the censored parts. But then I like to read historical diary's anyway.

I wasn't referring to 'impotent' in the definition of literally not being able to have sex. By impotent I was referring to a helplessness, a weakness of the will. An inability to turn thought into action.

Hahaha. Well my unfinished novel, but it's more of a conceptual piece, and, overwhelmingly fitting to the subject at hand, I do say. Yes, I do say, though not enough, hahaha, never enough.

He's not impotent; he's just missing his weinee is all.

My diary desu.

You'd have to pull up some quotes on that for me to believe he has no dick rather then he's impotent.

ya i mean it's both. I don't think he's literally impotent, the opening scene of the sun also rises he gets part of his peepee blown off, so there isn't much to get hard (i do, however, remember him saying he can get "half hard" but he can't have sex). Also, he is figuratively "impotent". The main character constantly envies virile men who pass the object of his affections around to their buddies.

Oh and please don't. I don't actually care.

Wow it's been too long since I read that book. Now I do care.

but it's written wonderfully! rant for about three or four hours and done. Bernhard is certainly far better than Gene Wolfe.

When Bill says suggests impotence he replies "no I'm not, it was an accident" oslt. He also looks at himself in the mirror and says "ridiculous place for a war wound".

k. it's rather obliquely presented, and i don't feel like looking it up, but the consensus among the crits - i never made a study of it, but i've never seen it disputed, either, for whatever that's worth - is that his dick was blown off but not his balls.

>"half hard"
r u fucking kidding, nigger* -- no! those words are not in the book.

*i assume you are.

The Sorrows of Young Werther, duh.

House of the Sleeping Beauties