What do you use for a bookmark? I usually just use whatever happens to be near when I first start reading a book...

What do you use for a bookmark? I usually just use whatever happens to be near when I first start reading a book. Pic related is what I'm using right now

Panties from the many women assbang.

Liar

is of truths

green index card

index card so i can write notes on it

>kek

found it in one of the used books i bought. i have a nice metal one, but it falls out of every book i put it in, i need to rough it up with a file.

>turner and hooch

lol

I've been using the same bookmark I got from my highschool library.

it has more on the other side. i would have gone to 1990s night all the time, as long as the blacks were quiet.

who here /dogear/

>he doesn't read all of his books in one sitting

i beehive bumpersticker i never plan on using for its intended purpose.

Concert and theatre ticket stubs.

Bus transfer tickets, and throw out the expired one when I get on a new ride.

MTG cards

I memorize the page number

Label 228s from the post office, you can get them for free in packs of 100 and write on them, the sticker back is an added bonus.

usually the receipt

my ipod if it's a very temporary bookmark, otherwise a sticky note or a piece of paper lying around

I just stick a CARROT between the pages.

Everytime I open a book it opens to the right page. Not even memeing I must be god or something

Bugs... easy on the bookmarks...

The stores i bought books from usually give you bookmarks of their brands with each purchase. otherwise, i use a piece of paper.
Reading on a Kindle is better tho lmao

One of those filthy fold-the-top-corner types... (Otherwise I am super protective of my books.) I need to find some eclectic ephemera to use - a train ticket would be perfect but you don't get to keep them anymore.

>needing a bookmark
truly sad.

but on occasion, I do slip things into my books when I'm wandering around and want to keep them straight, so I guess they're sort of book marks. I have one of these, and I used this for a while, because I liked spinning it while I read.

A piece of cut index card.

I use metro or flight passes from trips I've taken, depending on the height of the book.

I cut this out of some Salem, MA tourist poster about various torture methods. Very cool. I wanna get this laminated before it falls apart.

All the books need their own bookmark.

well. at least it's a charming kind of crazy.

Spam cans are great, dude. Such a good form factor.

Did you get that from those monks who wander around touristy parts of cities to beg? I got one from them in ny, and then they put a bracelet on my arm and kept trying to get me to pay them
I usually use a little mini post-it folded in half so it's not sticky but I started using tickets from the paris metro because I had a bunch saved and I'm a pretentious cunt that secretly wants people to ask about them

Yeah, in Münich. He just shoved one in my hands, and I didn't know he wanted money for it. I felt bad about not giving money to a monk, so I gave him what I had in my pocket. It's actually kind of nice. "Work Smoothly" is definitely something I'd wish for myself.

I did the transit ticket/pass thing too. I have a lot of them sticking out the tops of the books on my shelves, and it's comfy to think about the traveling done while reading them.

foldout pamphlets/maps from state parks and landmarks. they're usually the perfect size.

I use a $100 bill and make my self finish the book before i allow myself to spend it

Libarry receipts

only plebs use bookmarks. i just flip around trying to find where i left off, usually ending up re-reading the last few pages before that point.

I just remember the page number

smart! I actually might try that

I use a bit of paper that I then scrawl notes on.

I dont.

Im able to remember the page number I left off on.