>would you like to try the wine first, sir

literally why

Old people like wine, you wouldn't appreciate it because you're only 16

To make people feel fancy and self important.

To make sure it didn't spoil, faggot.
>Dem rich folks got some weird hobbies, don't dey, Samuel?

Open bottle, you get a test sip. why would you buy a whole bottle if you dont know how it tastes?

Only fancy schmancy restaurants do it tho.

My dad used to drink a couple bottles every night before beating my mom, wine to me is niggerjuice

Like nogs can afford wine to get trashed. Well actual wine not paper packaged 5 litre baggies.
My dad used to throw his empty rye liquor bottles after me. Oh memories of childhood.

Sounds like your dad was a niggerdad

to prove you aren't not autistic.

No, you see. It's ok because stores always had these deals like take 8 bottles for the price of 6 and that shit so we always had boxes of bottles around the house plus he always left half empty bottles Wich totally means he was drinking less right? Also he got headaches every morning because he just ate something that was spoiled or something like that

Not in relevant countries like France my anglo friend.
If you ask for just a glass of wine you don't get to test it first but if you buy a bottle it is highly customary tot let you test it.

>*takes sip*
>Ah yes this is excellent, pour away

You're only supposed to take a sniff and smell the wine to see it it's corked/turned to vinegar. Waiters do this so they can laugh at you in the kitchen.

this.

in le good old days (I was born in the wrong decade) le somm did this to give a chance to confirm it wasn't spoilt (noticed I spelt it spoilt, which proves how cultured I am). in le modern days when men are no longer men but rather "new men", le cucked soibois no longer know how to be alpha, and we apologize for being white whilst le entitled waiter demands a fifteen percent tip (I give god 10% why do you get 18). since I won't apologize for being white, the entire restaurant tries to humiliate me because I won't do their stupid wine game where you can't even tell white wine from red wine and if you ask for ketchup with your well done steak you are literally a bigot and a racist. also GMO is selective breeding and there is no such thing as authentic food.
#notallblacks

learn proper racism. niggerdad wouldn't even be around to beat the mom

This keeps happening to me with twist top bottles
What am i even supposed to be doing?

It's so you can make sure it isn't corked

>Excuse me. I'm afraid this wine is corked.
>But I just uncorked it. Didn't you see me? I took it out of the bottle. That's how I managed to get the wine out of the bottle and into your glass.

based fawlty towers

A few times I've been asked if I want to sniff the cork. Now that's just silly!

To make sure the bottle isn't 'corked', and for no other reason.

This. It isn't to see if the wine meets your approval. It's because sometimes bottles end up corked, and corked bottles get sent back. Can't tell if a bottle is corked without smelling the wine. No restaurant will make anyone pay for a corked bottle. Hell, my wine shops will accept corked bottles as returns for full credit, because they get credit from the distributor for any corked bottles.

mine has an age cutoff for that, I think it’s 10 years. also, natural wines are final sale

I feel the sarcasm and sentiment of this post