Ramen General

>Searched the catalog twice
>No ramen thread

What the fuck has this board become? A few years ago the ramen thread was a staple for new ideas and making fun of retards who think that just cracking an egg into their cup of soup makes them a chef.

>Ramen General

Anyone have any good recipes, pics, experiences, etc.? Been too long since I made something from scratch.

There's a ramen place pretty close to where I get classes, and I've been thinking obout trying it out for over a year now.
Is there anything I need to know before going in? Any recommendations or things to avoid?

Go in and order their basic ramen with either chicken or pork, the milder flavors of those meats makes it easier on the palette to pick out the nuances. I personally enjoy boiled egg in mine but I only order that on rare occasion. Take pictures and let us know what you think!

I've also noticed that some of the ramen places in my hometown have started with this whole levels of spice thing that you see in Thai restaurants. Don't be that guy and order above a level 8 spice, they specifically make those for stupid white people trying to show off in front of their friends. It will ruin your meal and the rest of your night if you actually soldier through it.

I usually throw a McChicken™ in mine and WA LA kino soup!

admittedly i've never tried making it, but ramen seems like one of those things that's too hard to make yourself so it's acceptable to just buy (like puff pastry)

As I understand it you're talking about simmering a stock for days to make it right, but I can get a 10/10 bowl for like $15 any time i want so the only reason to make my own would be dick measuring (unless you're flyover)

Making it from scratch can be a fun and insightful experience. You also don't have to make it from scratch and there are multiple ingredients you can add to vastly improve store-bought ramen packets. I really enjoy adding miso paste to the water and cutting down on the seasoning packet to add a more balanced and delicate flavor to the broth.

>general thread to talk about freeze dried noodles with a few pinches of salt and boullion
sticky when

with dog meat and soy sauce

bring water to boil, throw the noodle block in, add flavour packet

how is making it from scratch 'insightful' you faggot

You learn how different ingredients affect the taste and texture of the broth, how kneading affects the texture of your noodles, etc.

For me, it's Indomie. The best instant noodle.

Times change, so does its userbase, desu.

This.FUCK YOUR BROTHS. DRY RAMEN FTW

Hey guys, went in Japan last year around xmas, and ate a lot of ramen of course. I have to say that is now my favourite japanese food, and sadly i found only one place back home which does something acceptable. If you can go to eat at ippudo ramen, and there is a famous restaurant near ikebukuro station, but i really suggest you guys to eat it everywhere, its really part of the Experience. Im going to try cooking it very soon, though im afraid it wont be Simple.

u shouldve tried tonkatsu

I did user, i've ate nearly all the classics, but with the light cold nothing was Like going in for a bigass hot ramen, goddamit.

Fuck I love indomie.

It's snowing like crazt where I live rn, nothing more cozy than a steaming bowl of ramen.
I love how easy homemade ramen is if you're already the kind of person making stock yourself and have the freezer full. I just season the stock with whatever I feel like, cook my noodles, top with whatever meat I have, shrooms, beansprouts, green onions, egg, whatever.

I lose it at the "oriental meat". Every fucking time.

If I'm adding mushrooms to cheap ramen should I try and sautee them first or just slice them and throw them into the broth?

I found their menu online. Looks like I'm going with chicken.

Chashu, Gyoza, and squid sound tasty desu~

u know what that looks like? it looks like the innards of an animal plopped into a bowl. is this asian food? asians should be ashamed of themselves.

>cooking doesn't teach you about food!!
Bro chill pls

bravo nolan
kino
soup kino

Garlic paste

The smell becomes strong.
But the taste is deep.

You do realize that some people do things just for the experience, no? If I wanted a quick and cheap ramen I would go buy one, but I want to enjoy the experience of making it from scratch and then learning from my mistakes.

>Why would I put time and effort into a relationship when I can just go out and find a hooker to suck me off for $20?

Just like yo mamas pussy am I right