How do you prefer your oatmeal?

How do you prefer your oatmeal?

Ausfag here. Have never seen steel cut oats for sale anywhere. Just rolled oats, and "quick oats", which are rolled oats chopped up a bit. Kinda want to try now.

Rolled for me

Steel cut rock, my bro makes a sensational savoury oats with diced sausages and fried eggs, mouthwatering.

I like rolled oats, but not cooked. I usually just mix some frozen fruit, little semisweet chocolate chips, some nuts, and a handful of rolled oats with milk and a little sweetener and eat it like cereal for dessert.

Does he also inseminate the oats?

Steel cut by miles.
>that texture
>that flavor
>that perfect next-morning stool

I used to cook it with milk but then i realized how dumb that is. So now i just put it in a cup of milk and let it rest on the fridge. When im gonna eat it i put whatever for flavor, like honey, chocolate, vanilla, etc

yes of course, he is a good brother

Steel cut. Worth it to spend extra money and time for a breakfast staple. Just some butter and salt cooked in. Mmmm

rolled are faster to cook.

I grew up on rolled, but after getting back to having oats for breakfast, I'm liking steel cut more.

I read that as "how do you protect your oatmeal" and i was intrigued, and then disappointed

I like to blend up hemp seeds with some cinnamon, water, and a date or agave sweetener, pour into a jar with the rolled oats, and let it soak for at least a day. Sometimes I add chia seeds and it gives it a different texture.

either with condensed milk and molasses (in a 2 to 1 ratio) or peanut butter and jelly.

where do I find steel cut oats in the US? every time I go to the grocer all I see is rolled and quick

>Steel cut masterrace

I had to go to a health food store that sells in bulk to find it. Not any more expensive than rolled there but it did take some shopping around to find.

I live near amish country oHIo. maybe I can find some in the amish bulk stores

steel cut look so much more appetizing

The texture alone makes eating oatmeal an entirely different experience. It also lends itself much more to different recipes than rolled. If all else fails I'm sure you can order online.

they look interesting for homebrewing as well

Rolled for breakfast with milk, bit of sugar, fruits and nuts

Steel cut for baking

fried to a crisp with a poached egg, hollandaise and smoked paprika

None of the above. I eat whole organic oats. Takes time to prepare but well worth it. Use a slow-cooker and heat up for roughly an hour. Add organic butter. Tastes heavenly. Steel cut, and especially rolled oats oxidize hence diminishing the qualities of the essential fatty acids in oats. I am a fanatical health-food extremist - nobody is perfect.

Gloopy slime versus firm textured glorious steel cut oats.
Hmmmmm

would steel cut oats work for no bake cookies? you know, the ones that have chocolate and peanut butter melted and added to oats

do you have a pic of the after they are cooked please, they look like they could be really tasty

Will prepare oats tomorrow morning and will post pic. if thread is alive.

for me its rolled oats

Where do you get steel cut oats in the UK?

Sick of these rolled motherfuckers

>I'm liking
I bet you wear skinny jeans

Quick oats, they are rolled then minced or something so they cook much faster, not as fast as Instant oats though.

That doesn't make oatmeal though, which is the topic of this thread, that's just groats.

cooked rolled oat with cinnamon & dried orange peel

>organic
Brainlets not welcome.

With extra gainz friend.

I go to this place called Ralph's

raw rolled oats are GOAT

They sell them at like nature and body works, but also Woolworths fucking stock steel cut nowadays. Have you never shipped outside of Coles?

I actually like the texture of instant oats more. I cook them in milk, add a little more milk after they're done to make a pool around it, plus salt and chopped walnuts. Sometimes eat it as a dessert by just switching out the salt for honey or molasses.

Even places like Walmart sell steel cut oats.