Making chili

Got cold so I'm making chili. These are the peppers I'm using top left going clockwise: guajillo, new mixican, arbol, ancho, pasilla and homemade chipotles.

Toasting them in cast iron.

Why do you use a wood cutting board? Aren't those infested with bacteria because they're a pain in the dick to clean?

Simmering in a quart of venison stock.

it doesn't look like you deseeded, was that on purpose?

I slit them and mostly deseeded. There are a few left for sure.

Why not use the oven?

These are the rest of the ingredients. I ground a 70/30venison and pork shoulder, onion, poblano pepper, garlic, ground cumin and coriander seed, mexican oregano and tomatoes. I'll use 3/4 of the quart of tomatoes.

Before someone goes off on grinding, I like the texture of a rough grind for chili better.

>I like the texture of a rough grind for chili better.
That's why most butchers call that kind of grind a "chili grind"

Idk. I've just always done it in a skillet. I don't see why it wouldn't work in an oven.

Started browning the meat. I'll do 3 batches to try to get a bit of malliard.

Sweating the onion and poblano with some salt to release the juices to scrape up the fond.

Added the garlic oregano, cumin and coriander seed for 1 minute. It looks like the onions browned but they didn't - that's just all the fond I scraped up.

Blended the tomato and rehydrated peppers and added it. Then added the meat.

I'll simmer it for several hours.

And now, the coup de gras! You guessed it, beans. I cooked these overnight soaked pintos in the pressure cooker for an hour and they're going in come hell or an armed texan mob.

I'll let it go for a bit so the beans pick up the flavors. Meanwhile, I'm making homemade corn tortillas for the starch. If snyone expresses interest within 15 minutes I'll show that too, although I don't hold out much hope.

that looks real good man. nice job

>beans in chili
say it ain't so, user

Looks like my toilet after a night of whiskey and hot wings.

Not too shabby user.
Would eat / 10.

Looks pretty goo!

It was too mild flavored for me personally, my waifu liked it though, so I had to drench it in a fermented habanero hot sauce. Now it's fucking goat.

Can anyone tell me what these are? I asked my mom who went to spain to buy me some dried jalapenos. These things smell and taste like rasins, no heat at all. Are they dried paprika?

Those look like guajillo peppers, are very mild, and good to use as a base pepper sauce.