Coffee Thread

Post what you're getting for Christmas edition

I'm getting a Kalita Wave and maybe some beans from Honduras

Acquiring more autism does count

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046JB136/ref=pd_aw_sbs_79_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AMFYX5N8X4BARF4BA522
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get on my level faggot

>my level
Where's the pic of yours?

I also have a coffee powered spaceship.

I accidentally left my press with old grounds for like a month and in addition to mold/algae it started growing a silky, spiderweb like substance. What was it?

Just make a coffee out of it. People eat fremented milk, juices etc so why not coffee beans.

Web from a coffee spider, duh

Lewd

Lets hope this thread doesn't go to shit suddenly like the last.

In any case how good is the aergrind? I have read some mutterings here and there about burr wobble and wonder if it is even worth it at that price point. Maybe I should just go with a kinu that will last well over a decade.

coffee drinkers should be gassed

Back to your monster thread, babby

Friend's dad got him a Keurig for Christmas, I was stoked since it dispenses hot water.

Turns out the water is only 160 at it's hottest.

What a fucking rip.

>Turns out the water is only 160 at it's hottest.

it tastes awful
and those little cups are insanely wasteful, price and materials wise
100% gimmick

Oh, I know that. It actually comes with a reusable cup you can put your own grind in, but since it doesn't heat the water to a proper brewing temp whats the fucking point.

What's a good container for beans?

>disgusting soup made out of ground up bitter beans
>tastes so awful it needs to be sweetened or cut with milk
pepsi crystal master race
go go go america go
one day I will find an asian gamer wife to sext with

Anything opaque and air tight

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046JB136/ref=pd_aw_sbs_79_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AMFYX5N8X4BARF4BA522

Is something like this memey? I only recently started buying whole beans and really noticed an off flavor after using what I stored my ground coffee in

Those are great. Used to use them for pot back in the day

What's the best price:performance espresso machine? Heard good things about Rancilio Silvia

Tell me your water:coffee ratios for cold brew.

I do 2:1, and then dilute ~1:1 with water the concentrate.

I don't understand why you want to suspend the filter above the scale. You want to know the total amount of added water, not the amount of water that's made it to the cup, right?

If you get your coffee in resealable bags you're good to go.

It looks pretty and I guess you would just measure the water first

Yeah, but you still have the whole deal with timing the pour properly, like you want to for instance start half of the pour at 30 seconds and the second half at 60, and then let it drip.

Idk, I've never timed pours. That's a little much for me. I time the first few brews with a new device/filter to make sure I'm in the ballpark of what other people are doing, but that's it.

You really need to know both. Water added for knowing how much to add, and beverage weight to calculate extraction yield.

I wonder if anyone does that. It would be interesting, probably difficult to juggle input from two weight measurements and a timer at the same time.

new batch at my friend's shop.

also the first modbar I've seen in person

Looks like a dragon dildo

Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

I do. But I do it by weighing the vessel beforehand on a different scale. Need to to calculate the exty with the refractometer and VST app.

From the thumbnail I thought this was the back of a real pale guy being stretched as if he were made of taffy.

No, Its really the opposite. You want to know yield (to compare with target yeild) without having to worry about how much water is in the cone or absorbed into the grounds.

When it comes to the amount of water in the cone, you can just judge how far along to your target yield you are compared to your target time.
In that context, the cone either has "enough" or "not enough".

This is unless you're aiming to have an empty cone at the end of your brew, but I've found that too difficult to be practical.

Is there a machine that can dispense coffee-hot water at a moment's notice?
Around about how much would it cost?
I could make coffee a lot more quickly if I didn't have to wait for water to come to a boil on the stove.

I know a lot of office coffee makers have this, but someone was just mentioning that Keurig's only heat to 160F, so I don't know if that applies to other "instant dispensers".

I did try to fuck it...

>putting your coffee maker on a scale
>weighing water
>weighing grounds
>using timers
>pouring water in "stages" according to a timer
>preheating your mug
>pre-rinsing your filter
>spending $500 on a grinder

This is some faggy ass shit.

Not as faggy as chinese cartoons

>putting time and money into something you enjoy
>faggy ass shit
you don't belong on this website tbqh

???

>Using measurements to make coffee is too complicated
The state of brainlets.

electric kettles have that feature now, and they are pretty cheap

new keurigs don't let you do this unless you "hack" them. fuggin gay

Nespresso What else?

>Very low maintnance
>Great Espressos and cappuccinos
>55 cents a coffee capsule
>Recyclable capsules

I don't even waste my time with a coffee maker. I just eat the beans raw from the tree.

Best way to make coffee?

Pour-over.

Pourover. French press is also a good place to start

I've actually been wondering: if you took a regular coffee-maker, measured out how much water it could move in 2.5 to 3.5 minutes, then only put in that much water (with appropriate grounds), wouldn't that basically give you the same results as pour-over?

They both have their pitfalls. Pour-over has more moving parts, but French Press means you can't just use normal coffee grounds because you need course-grind.

What about choosing coffee?
Arabica/Robusta/Ethiopian and etc.

Always 100% Arabica. Trying all of the origins is the fun part
>French Press means you can't just use normal coffee grounds because you need course-grind.
Not true at all. The grind only has to be more coarse than the mesh. You just have to cut your brew time down to ~2 minutes

If my understanding is correct, the only two types are Arabica and Robusta. Ethiopian, Costa Rican, Colombian, and Kenyan all refer to sourcing, because apparently climate changes the taste.

Arabica is generally seen as better and has more sweetness.
It tends to be lesser brands that aren't marked "100% Arabica", but some people say the best stuff has a bit of Robusta.

>The grind only has to be more coarse than the mesh.
Yeah, but even course grind leaves you with fines in french press coffee.
Doesn't using fine-ground leave you with even more?

That totally depends on the grinder

Are you saying a good grinder produces French Press with no fines?

There will never be no fines unless you sift the grinds, but a good grinder will significantly reduce them

Okay, well what I'm saying is that what fines ARE is coffee that has been ground beyond the target courseness of the grinder, and are small enough to slip through the filter.
Any grinder is going to have that kind of margin of error, which is why there's always fines.

If you move the target-courseness from course to regular, that margin of error moves too, and you get more fines. (I would think)

>If you move the target-courseness from course to regular, that margin of error moves too, and you get more fines.
You do simply because you're breaking the pieces more times causing more fines. But this is not such a factor that it would ruin a french press brew. I've used drip grind hundreds of times in a french press and it's perfectly fine if you adjust the brew time to compensate

Too bad it makes shit espresso

Not at all, it's not a kuerig or tassimo.

>my garbage isn't garbage because there's even worse garbage

Still shit. You need a unimodal grinder and real espresso machine.

Sure thing show me what you use or better? I doubt you can.

Any unimodal grinder (EK43, EG-1, Monolith Flat, Compak R120, etc), I use an EG-1 and any saturated group machine (Linea, Strada, Synesso, Slayer, etc), I use a Strietman.

Please help Veeky Forums!
I need to buy my mommy an espresso machine -
I only have a $300 budget to spend on this gift.
There are so many machines out there, I need help deciding which is best.
Thank you in advance.

>2017
>not being able to photosynthesize, getting all needed energy directly from the sun
WOW

No F1 or MotoGP, but we do have the Gulf 12 Hours

Java Taman Dadar

I usually can't stand coffee but there was this one cheap kind that I could tolerate, now they changed it so it tastes like shit too, rip me lol

lol

is getting a kettle with a temperature setting worth it

Absolutely

I kind of regret getting a chemex, I just prefer the taste of aeropress better. It's actually much brighter and sweeter from the aeropress.

So should I try to convert it into some kind of cold brew drip carafe? Or is there some other use for it?

I really want a walkure though...

wine decanter?

>55 cents a coffee capsule
>Recyclable capsules
Now I know you're shilling, no one gives a fuck about the pods being recyclable, and no one looks at the price per capsule unless they're trying to sell it. Nespresso is absolute shit with absolute shit price, currently buying a box of 10 pods for about tree fiddy at the nespresso store. The same box of 10 in the USA is seven fiddy not accounting for shipping or minimum order amounts. And then you get some pretty shite espresso that a moka pot can beat in flavor any day of the fucking week.

styx?

Time to party

Wondering why I'm playing with the camera and not him. He needs a bath

>oi mate could u lend me a quid i need to take the bus to bath on tuesday

Heh

im waiting on the motherfucking coffee

Here ya go

It’s mold.
Wash it off and move on.

Go to target and buy one there
For 300 you can’t get anything worthwhile
Up your budget to at least 800

My gf insists on drinking her coffee with liquid creamer so I buy this because it has a long expiration date.

Is there another liquid creamer that’s cheaper and also takes a while to expire?

nice photos