Reading Nietzsche

>Reading Nietzsche.
>He just "announces" that God is dead.

Why was he allowed to do this? The nerve on this guy.

He didn't mean literally dead, you dumbass. He meant dead to the plebs. God is dead because so many God to have no value. Though, value is subjective.

Andd,, I;ve done to much cocaine tonightt. I'm going to go shoot myself.

>JUJST 1 MORE CHAPTER!

>Plebs believe this

Nietzsche probably spent years working through thousands of texts, challenging himself every single hour of every day, literally driving himself mad...to work up the courage to say those words

You are just one tumblrina more that wishes she actually underwtood nietzsche. If you trully wanna understand him, git gud. Or stop pretending.

>writes paragraphs in latin
>translator doesn't translate it

what did they literally mean by this?

Like most atheists he is a completely hopeless sperg.

Isn't he just saying that God is becoming increasingly irrelevant in modern life?
Seems more like a war cry for christians than anything else to me.

Yeah, strange guy. Apparently, he also ate a lot of fruit and spent hours under his bed masturbating to Napoleon and Caesar

He meant that God is dead in the hearts of men. They may insist that this is not so, but their actions scream otherwise.

lol was he even a doctor? I dont think you can pronounce someone dead unless you are

he is analyzing a historical epoch, whether god exists or not doesn't change anything about Nietzsche's claim.

It's the mustache.

Most of his life he was spending on retifired.He has much time to make philosophy and think about higher ideas.

Actually he was dreaming about superior man.
you can see it in his,Imao,most well know book-So Zzarathustra Says

Nietzsche didn't announce it. The madman did.

And he didn't just announce it. He went on one hell of a tirade. God is not just dead, we killed him. We wiped away the horizon, we blotted out the sun, we blurred the line between up and down. And the deed is too great for us, it cannot be reconciled. It is so great that the madman plays with the idea that we may have to become gods ourselves just to seem worthy of it.

God is dead, and was a bad joke when he was popular.

Gee, that sure took a lot of courage from me.

Yeah but you'll accomplish nothing with your life retard

Just saying it means nothing

99% this. He didn't like the idea. He wasn't a fucking pre-fedora fag. He saw his world growing more and more distant from the culture and values of Christendom.

Then a bunch of faggots some 100 + years later quote that line to M'Ladies.

it literally means that if you can't read it you're not literate

Nice bait.

God is dead = christianity is dying and almost nobody lives in adherence to its values. God is created by man, man doesnt follow god anymore, god is dead.

>Ohohoh look at me im a retard
Oh wow.

Either bait, or you just came over from /pol/

>"When one gives up Christian belief one thereby deprives oneself of the right to Christian morality... so that the origin of [modern] morality has been forgotten, so that the highly conditional nature of its right to exist is no longer felt"

>all these fags who don't realize that this was almost definitely supposed to be a "and but so he was truly the catcher in the rye"-thread

APRIL FOOLS! God is alive and well!