Hot Sauce

Hey guys, first time posting here, was wondering if you could help me out.

I'm trying to acclimate my palate to handle more and more hotter foods. I think an easy way to do this is with sauces. I started off with weak shit like Frank's extra hot, moved up to green El yucateco and now I'm fully acclimated with pic related (it's delicious by the way). I want to keep going further, but I'm worried at this stage when it comes to hot sauces, hotter flavors start to trade heat for taste. It's important that a sauce isn't just hot for the sake of being hot, it should go hand in hand with flavor.

What are some suggestions for a good next step after pic related, a bit hotter but not losing flavor consequently?

Also general hot sauce thread

What hot sauces are tasty like El Yucateco XXX but not quite as hot? I want to slather some dishes with good hot sauce but this one is just too hot for me to slather liberally.

The green is pretty got as well, but the red is made with tomatoes so it dilutes it a bit more. I haven't tried the red, I went straight to green but I bet it's pretty tasty

Does Veeky Forums not like hot sauce or spicy foods?

Veeky Forums is mostly eurotrash. They're well known bland food experts.

If it's not French, it's trash

They have a black flavor for pansies such as yourself.

Rogue River makes some pretty solid "fuckin hot" but not "melt your face" hot sauces.

hottest sauce I eat regularly that doesnt taste like ass is Dave's ghost pepper sauce. It's hot enough to make my tonsils throb and I'm honestly not interested in anything hotter than that.

might sound like a meme but the Hot Ones guy on YouTube has a few videos where he goes to specialty shops and the videos are a good guide for "artisan" hot sauces that don't taste like generic garbage.

also make your own hot sauce takes 15 minutes and tastes better than 99 percent of commercial sauces.

Also, you only start to REALLY trade flavor off when you start getting into extract hotsauce, but even then its a mistake on the manufacturers part.

Op here. Tried this as well, was way too smoky. Would probably be good on fajitas or a burned steak

I've seen this around. Is it as hot as Insanity, because I distinctly remember that being all burn and no flavor. Is the ghost pepper sauce tasty?

>Hey guys, first time posting here, was wondering if you could help me out.
>I'm trying to acclimate my palate to handle more and more hotter foods. I think an easy way to do this is with sauces. I started off with weak shit like Frank's extra hot, moved up to green El yucateco and now I'm fully acclimated with pic related (it's delicious by the way). I want to keep going further, but I'm worried at this stage when it comes to hot sauces, hotter flavors start to trade heat for taste. It's important that a sauce isn't just hot for the sake of being hot, it should go hand in hand with flavor.
>What are some suggestions for a good next step after pic related, a bit hotter but not losing flavor consequently?
>Also general hot sauce thread
stick to fresh salsas bud
as if you graduated from kiddie games

it's about the same heat as insanity sauce but it actually tastes like ghost peppers (fruity and savory like habaneros) and not like novocaine (which is a taste causes by extracts like some retard just posted)

I'll have to try it sometime, but I don't think I'm ready to go right from xxtra yucateco to insanity heat level. That seems like a huge jump

>too smoky.
That's the flavor you fucking mong.

>burned steak
Ah. I see you've mentally failed in life.

Yeah, and that's what I don't like about it.

shop around like I said, the like I said I know it's a meme but the first we feast website curates a lot of gourmet hot sauces

It seems overwhelming at times, and it's not like I have a big budget. I'll keep trying though. Thanks

At this point you should just start looking into fresh peppers. As far as hot sauces are concerned, Melinda's ghost pepper sauce is a step up from yucateco and it is still delicious, pic almost related

balling on a budget is where cooking your own comes in. handful of jalapenos, Serrano, or habanero, half a carrot and a clove of garlic boil in vinegar for 10m and blend. enough sauce for a week for pennies

The smokey flavor? But you enjoy burned steak? Which is it? Make up your fucking mind.

Thank you!

I didn't realize it was that easy

That image isn't transparent which means you took the fucking time to make the background color match the post.

What's your angle you fucking melinda shill?

How much vinegar though?

I use 1 cup of vinegar for a handful of peppers, then water it down until it's pourable after I blend it l. Google hot sauce recipe if you need better instruction sorry I'm operating a 60 million dollar machine in a factory and texting

Right on man, thanks

wouldn't it make more sense to have the background transparent even for a shill?

pro tip don't throw the shit in a blender while it's still boiling hot, the escaping steam will cause the lid to explode off and you and everyone you love will be coated in pepper spray speaking from experience

Not if you're trying to fit into "board culture"

did you survive?

my wife and kids didn't

women and children can't handle hot sauce like men can

southern Europe does have lots of spicy foods, it's the northern part that can't season their fucking food. like you get them to try some calabrese peppers and they cry

I like their sun dried habanero

if you can buy it off the shelf in a supermarket, it isnt hot.

u r so cool