Al/ck/ alchohlism general

relapsing and it feels so good edition

Detoxing at home, as usual. Feels bad man. Don’t worry I always taper with a case of beer.. hopefully 24 is enough after month of white rum @ pint/day. Should be okay. As long as I don’t think to hard about my family and all the time wasted.

Alcohol is gross

>
You will be fine dude. Gotta let time heal that shit. It will pass. Girls always drive me crazy after a breakup. It always gets better. I’ve been in your shoes multiple times with multiple girls.

I am out of money

tfw you have to ask someone to support your obvious addiction until you get another check

My poop floats and is greasy

Oh and also buy Christmas presents lmao

Alcohol is the devil and I am a satanist

That's probably from high fat foods

Will liquor make make me bloat too or is that a beer thing?

Less so, but still a bit

half way into a bottle of god ol jim beam.

what are you d rinking tonight?

Anyone want to be my friend?

?? Pretty sure it’s just a beer thing cause you have to drink so much and it’s carbonated. Can’t ever recall feeling anything but drunk, retarded and walking dead the next day from liquor

I'll be your friend

Sure. I’m your huckleberry. I polished my handle of rum I opened a couple days ago and I’m drinking mgd now so I don’t die

Jim beam is my favourite budget whiskey. I'll be your firend lad

>Jim Beam
>whiskey

Nice bait. 2/10 for making me reply

I had very bad wds today on my way to the store. I bought that bottle of jim beam and was shaking so much I almost dropped it. Then I had the worst panic attack I've had in years on the way home. But a few shots later and I was as good as new.

Thanks!
Me too!

Bourbon isn't whiskey?

I've yet to meet an alcoholic drink I like.

>hurr it's an acquired taste for real men
What the fuck is wrong with people who sit through something they hate until they force themselves to like it?

The shaking I can handle. It’s the panic of impending doom and wondering if I died and am living in a purgatory of imagined future doomed to solitude and soul rot that gets me. Are my friends and family just a projection of a memory? Kek. Yeah the existential crisis part is the worst.

You're only an alcoholic if you're physically dependent on it, that is to say, you hands are shaking if you don't get a drink, and you wake up in cold sweat in the morning.

>i drink 4 beers a day and some whisky i'm an alcoholic lmao

Fucking Americans.

The spikes of icnreased shaking really scare me because I think I'm going to seize up.

But yeah feeling like you're going to die really sucks. My heart rate also spikes really high. It was 150 today at resting before I drank. I'm going to talk to a doctor about that, don't want to haev a heart attack because I didn't drink early enough!

I'm currently fighting the urge to relapse, which sucks because I was offered free food if i could go X days without drinking.

If you haven't fallen victim to it, stay away from alcohol. If you ever feel awkward or ostracized because you don't drink, it's worth it. Trust me. Alcohol is the closest thing to a devil that exists. It's:

1) been with us since forever
2) ruining lives as we speak
3) convinced us that it's no big deal

It’s anxiety. Stop worrying about a heart attack.. for real. The worst I had it I couldn’t sleep at all.. accompanied of course by the existential fear.. my heart was pounding. I was basically dreaming but my body wouldn’t sleep. Then eventually after an excruciating amount of time passed, I would feel myself drift off as if to fall asleep but I would get this crazy vertigo and “hear” this crazy “whoosh” sound and snap awake. This happened over and over for like 48 hours. I looked it up of course to see if anyone else had ever encountered it. It’s apparently fairly common among anxiety sufferers. Wish I woulda had a Valium. I should probably hunt some down honestly, Incase it happens again. Seriously though. Calm the fuck down with your heart attack worries. Don’t stop cold turkey tho! Fuck that shit. Taper wisely. Beer is your friend if you wanna stop.

>The spikes of icnreased shaking really scare me because I think I'm going to seize up.
I get that too, it's the fucking worst holy hell. I've had a seizure before so it's definitely not an irrational fear for me.

Do eeeeet! Don’t forget to taper

I've already been detoxing. I don't want back on the booze ride, I want to quit. But fuck me once it gets on my brain booze is all I can think about.

I feel ya. I don’t know what to say except to excersize or at least be somewhat active so you can sleep when the time comes and you aren’t looking for booze to sleep. Eat 3 square, stay away from the people you drank with. I know me spouting that shit means fuck all. Stay strong

I feel like I'm going to have a difficult relationship with alcohol. I have an addictive personality, my grandfather was an alcoholic and it really negatively impacted my dad's life (he beat my grandmother). I'm a very pleasant and social drunk, honest to god never done anything I've regretted while drunk (other than embarrassing myself). I definitely don't have any physical dependence yet but after 4 years of college I'm dangerously close to a psychological one. Hoping that getting a job and some regularity in my life will help.

I know I'm going to cave in, this fucking sucks. I'm just sitting here watching the clock because the stores close in a little over an hour. I hate being this obsessive over something I literally hate.

/what day is it/

desu

who are you talking to?

Alcohol will only make it worse.. Be a man and face everything head on.
I have been to the end and back. Alcohol is amazing and for what?
Alcoholics are my favorite cause they don't remember shit. Real shit.
If you drink alot then just kill yourself or stop drinking.. Damn

this.... is........ really... deep.. woah........

It's obviously more complicated than that

Not him, but I'm lucky I have a family who understands how hard the struggle is. They hated it and didn't understand it at first, but after watching me go through it they get it now. They obviously still hate it, but they're far more understanding.

my mom is screaming at me every day on the phone to dry out "just stop" she doesn't understand that if i stopped i could maybe die.

You will die.. Is that so bad? Or just keep disappointing your family and be a lazy, sloppy asshole. Alcohol sucks man, i am buzzed right now so I know, but don't try to blame everything on it. Life is hard and therefore we drink. DO NOT HATE THE DRINK HATE YOURSELF

I know those feels. Had a serious breakdown at Disneyland with my daughter and family at 1 day sober. The boats clanked together on pirates of the carribean and i was so anxious i jumped like a cat and cried with my family. I still drink :\

wow dude, just wow.. IDk what to say. 2 generation ago your family was killing people to keep your freedom and your crying about a loud noise? IDK WTF

Is anyone else amazed that they aren't fat? I drink about 3/4 of a quart every day and eat a lot because I'm dehydrated

It's not only that, it's just literally insanely hard to stop, both physically and mentally. The amount of times I've given in and bought booze because of how fucking scary withdrawals are is insane.

WW3 is coming and you are all fucked.. Drink as much as you want and die happy, or stop and die scared of loud noises after 1 day its up to you

Oh fuck off, dude. There were tons of alcoholics back then too. You're the biggest retard ever.

Well kind of. My parents are british. I was having an extreme panic attack which i had never expirienced before and i was literally surrounded by people with no way out. It was horrifying. Ironic that it was at the happiest place on earth.

Ment for

I have had to WD in jail bro.. You can do it too, you will not die. AA sux, I been there too many times. I also have many other addictions as well but good ol Alcho is my best bitch.

Stop CRYING. Godamn bro.. Everyone you know around you will die one day. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. If you want something different then do it. Fuck man

The worst part about stopping is the feeling of bugs crawling on you, all over and you cannot stop it. I also had insane paranoia were i THOUGHT THE GUY IN THE OTHER ROOM WAS PLANNING TO KILL ME. This was all in college mind you. I got through it in a week cause Im not a scared lil bitch

When you drink a 5th plus every day thats how you get.. So dont cry about addiction to alcohol its all in your head bro. Grow up and punch a person IDK. Are you a virgin? I dont get it.. One lil speedbump and everything stops lmfao. You kids BAKA

WTF is BAKA?

>Had a serious breakdown at Disneyland with my daughter and family at 1 day sober. The boats clanked together on pirates of the carribean and i was so anxious i jumped like a cat and cried with my family

I hat e reddit so fucking much

Just cause this one kid sucks and is not good at drinking dosnt mean alcohol is too be taken lightly..

Serious addiction can only be triumphed by the one person who is afflicted by said condition, no matter what it may be. Stop your own problem because nobody can actually help you.. If you have to hit rock bottom then so be it. It will only be years later when your dying that you say to yourself, "Oh shit I prolly should have stopped drinking and played w more fidget spinners".

Guys what's the best way to get blood stains out of a bathrobe? Asking for a friend

I would burn said bathrobe . Just to be safe.. *wink*

yes offer the sin to the fire, it will be grateful. one day.

It's his blood

May have screwed up. Bought s laptop on eBay which wasn’t as described, had a nightmare time getting the seller to accept fault, so last night having had a return request mandated by eBay, I sent it back to them. Problem is that I was so angry that i shat on the keyboard first. I feel like they’ll call the police...

eh you might be fine. Seller might just decide to cut his losses because you're obviously crazy

Dunno man. I’ve dated a lot of girls, this one was the only I’ve ever loved.
It’s only really hitting me now that she’s gone, but uhm. she left 6 years ago.
I think men only truly fall in love once in their lifetimes. Before her I’d only... assumed I’d been in love, with her I KNOW it.
Whatever. Chugging hard.

Man the same sort of situation rekt me so long ago. 5 years it's been. It was the first time I ever felt anything that you could describe as love.

You can't quantify love. Who's to say that it wasn't just intense lust. Maybe there's an even better feeling than what I felt. Dunno

Why is it whenever I'm a week or so sober and the WD's are gone, I start feeling tons better, Every mistake i've made in my life and relationship I've ruined and girl I've hurt starts playing through my head vividly until I cave and drink it away again?
Surely normal people don't remember all of this shit so clearly.... What the fuck, life.

-Gin Blossoms Motherboard Guy

It's because you need a therapist. You drink because you have issues. If you work to resolve those issues, you will be less likely to relapse

Depends what setup and what juice you have. Many shops give subohm stuff that use a lot of liquid but can't be used with high nicotine juice. To quit smoking you need nicotine (you'll make phat clouds in a month or two)

Pancreas, get it checked.

This is why I hate going to sleep sober. Every single mistake I've made in my life just runs through my head. Every cringeworthy moment, every regret, etc...

Guys, the death of the last good man in my family and no one being there to comfort me because my gf broke up with me a year before when I was there caused me to start drinking. And I was there for her grandparents passing.

Every time I think about the loss I felt, something I haven't felt for 10 years prior in high school when my uncle died, and this causes me or the urge to drink not really the addiction of drinking.

What can i do to stop this, it is getting bad..
I heard this is a good place to ask for advice besides venting.

Heh. Most of the time I’m fine. It’s a cycle of course. Drink. Feel great about it. After a couple weeks (or months) of drinking start to slide a bit “emotionally” or something and want to stop. Taper and deal with the nightmare. Spend a few days/weeks sober. Regain confidence in all of it. Rinse-repeat. I usually do the 12 hour rule from last drink till first drink... usually the slide happens when I have to drink in the morning. Pretty much self regulating. As far as alcoholism goes it’s not too bad I think. I’ll take my struggle over mindlessly flicking fidget spinners any day. Tortured souls are attractive and like attracts like.. right? Need me a new drunk at or a sober one. Drunk for fuck sober for making babies. Luck of the draw as to what will present itself first I guess. For now it’s just me and my struggle. I can deal

We’re undoubtedly the most expert on Veeky Forums.
And we’ve absolutely no idea.
I use a lot of cannabis. Closest thing to a solution I’ve found. I stop drinking immediately if I have a bag, but It costs me around £30/day, and the instant I run out I relapse. It’s ultimately a dead end, but it at least allows me time to heal.

self bump for tips?

I don't get the shakes yet, but I think I get anxiety like my stomach is on a roller coaster when I do not drink and try to suppress the memories when sober. This only stops when I force myself to eat then the next day I start drinking out of hopeless sadness, I guess you can call it that.

I shoot better when I’m not filled with wd anxiety. Think I’ll keep the juice flowing for ww3 if possible

I got an Inchgower 6 years old without any naming as a gift. Does anyone happen to know this one and what it is like? Really hard to find this one on the internet

hmmm thanks man I noticed I drink first and just smoke a ton of weed after to go full on numb but I see your point, maybe tommorow morning if I don't drinking a half pint or pint of vodka for breakfast, I will just roll some up and eat and eat, wake up after the green out, and smoke more not head out for my mid afternoon drink, I have plenty cash saved up from quitting my busboy job recently to support weed for a while, I just am afraid of the alcohol body dependence that might happen even with my genetics of a god. And weed is a lot easier for me to quit in the long run, might start a family and don't want to be a dumb stoner all my life, so hence kicking that habit will be much easier than the liquor

Ifyou are drinking out of sadness and to suppress anxiety (the stomach thing) get help for your real problems m somehow if you can. The crippling sadness is something that will tear its ugly head and drive you into deep physical addiction if left unchecked. For now the physical addiction is minimal of at all. Get ahead of that psychological shit if you can. Else you will end up a horror story.

I don't want to sound creepy but I think I need to go spend time at the graveyard to "finally" get over this deep sadness instead of drinking...

Yeah kicking booze is infinitely harder. Stopping weed makes me irritable, whereas stopping booze makes me have seizures.
Weed is superb at fighting PAWS. If I had an inexhaustible supply I’d probably never drink again. Alas, I live in ignorantistan, where reefer madness reigns.

Not creepy at all. You need to come to grips with your loss. See I am the kind of person who will not feel a fucking thing in the moment of loss. Fucking schizoid or something. Just absolute numbness. Complete withdrawal. I can comfort others, albeit in a detached way. I only really feel empathy for my sister. Anyway. I feel losses that havent Happened yet, don’t know if that’s good or bad. That shit needs to be felt by you in your own time. If you need to go to the graveyard to feel it do. Meditate on your loss and allow yourself to feel it. Don’t be bummed if it doesn’t come. Just try again and keep it in your mind that it’s coming. Purge that shit if you can.

Been there man. Thought I'd never find anyone else, let alone better, but I did. It took a fuckload of effort in self improvement. If I can do it any of you alchies can. We're all gonna make it brehs

When you stop drinking the pain of why you drank in the first place is still there, ready to rek your shit.

Self improvement is mastrubation. Now, self destruction...

what is paws?

Post acute withdrawal syndrome

thanks

:) feel a little better

Yeah humans have been dealing with the effects of alcohol forever. These scenarios are good to wax over, but they are nothing new. It’s like ptsd and ww2 vets. It’s not too much of a thing til you give it a name.

Oh, little off topic but I am either a constant smoker stoner or I am not, before the drinking if I smoked like 1 every 2 weeks or once a month, I would get weirded and not confident with the high like a noob stoner would. But I under stand that the weed helps with withdraws and what not now, thanks. It is just when people are dropping dead in your family left and right, good people, and you are left with selfish tweakers and isolated idiots, you kind of give up hope for the future or anything, I am 28 so I am older but should not think life is over like this. I am only 28 not 38 or shit 48..

My reading comprehension is low at the moment, forgive me senpai.
>"because my gf broke up with me a year before"
You mean she broke up with you a year ago and your uncle died shortly after? Or she broke up with you a year ago, and then your uncle died recently?

Regardless user, without sounding like a raging faggot, I think you need to get new hobbies to take your mind off your uncles passing, at least for now. I think all of us ITT have suffered some kind of emotional loss that has hit home hard, and most of us have turned to alcohol. Now we're posting weeb shit on a Mongolian basket weaving forum.

I think your reading comprehension is a bit off. His girlfriend broke up with him a year ago. Then the last "good man" in his family died recently, meaning now he has nobody left. His uncle had died 10 years ago, and he feels the same now about the death of the other person.

No she broke up with me a little more than a year before my grandpa died, so when he died, I had no one to really comfort me closely, besides the obvious family comforting, and I was there for her... She likes to check obituary's daily for some reason maybe part of her newspaper reading habit, so she knew and still did not try to contact me, that is the hardest part to swallow.

Besides my grandpa, also 2 uncles died in less then 2 years after my grandpa died. So my drinking got worse and worse til this point .

Dude isolated idiots and worthless tweakers are a fact of life. Gotta keep your eyes open for people you can respect. These may be few and far between so don’t get discouraged if it ain’t happening over night. Be patient and let these relationships form naturally. Trust has to be earned. I still have my most influential people luckily but I am well versed in being surrounded by degenerates and general useless fucks. There are good people around. Give people the benefit of the doubt, if they fuck with you or run you the wrong way next them immediately. No guilt necessary. Hang in there. You are young

same guy you replied to, I thought this was a Mongolian throat singing/music forum? EXCUSE ME.

>She likes to check obituary's daily for some reason
How to spot a beginner shitposter

What to do about the nutrition problem?
I have raisins, peanut butter, vitamin supplements and fruit juice. I force some down at least once daily. Anyone have any tips as to how I can improve my diet? I FFFFFUUUUCCCKKIINGG HATE eating. I wish I could just swallow a pill every day which gives me what I need

She’s a fucking waste of time at this point man. If she was shitty you just gotta next her. I know it ain’t easy but all the girls I have loved, I have really loved. And all of them failed me in retrospect. That doesn’t mean I’m perfect, but in hindsight I am truly glad to have the opportunity to find someone new who has the potential to be a great partner. Look on the bright side, she wasn’t the one and now you don’t have to come to that realization with a ring and a kid in the picture

Don’t know. I love eating. Try to stay sober till dinner time or a couple hours before. Works for me. Also I only eat dinner

Thanks for the advice, there are some really nice people I left behind in the past but not over 5 years so its not too crazy to make minimal contact with them again, maybe I should try to reinvest my time and establish contact with cool dudes and chicks while trying to meet new people with this type of mindset, I can spot a nigger, what idiots really are regardless of skins color, a mile away so I should have no excuse surrounding my self with DECENT people. The only thing is i live in nigger lover commiecalifornia, so it is hard to be fair. Even the nice "new" people, are hyenas in sheep's clothing, not even wolfs, I rather have a wolf. But I see your point, I just hope some of the people of my past have not given in to the act and think like a nigger in California mindset. This place is really killing it self. Not a /pol/ but anybody that lives here that is not a fucking idiot will tell you the same thing, I hear it everyday.. state civil war when? pic related

my ex and I use to steal my uncle's paper every sunday and read it, and after the regular front page bs she would skip to the back of the paper, maybe she was more deperessed than me with her personal issues at the time that caused her to do this, it was just weird to me at the time so I didn't care until she left me and my grandpa died, so use common sense, she had to see it. And her mom is subscribe to the same local paper.

sad dead grandpa guy here, maybe my assumptions on eating instead of drinking and smoking weed too are true, to slowly get away from the booze

Hey man. I get it. Ive felt with niggers a plenty, from many different walk of life. If you can spot them and avoid them you are way ahead of the curve. Old friends can be good but can also be shitty toward you when It suits them. Especially if you have fucked up in the past with them or even showed too much vulnerability. People like to hold you to vulnerabilities, at least in my experience, when it can give them an edge socially. It’s human nature. I hate my best friends the most ;)