Unitasker

Is there a unitasker that’s actually worth getting?

Serious question here. Statistically speaking there’s gotta be something out there.

I mean, I GUESS a can opener technically counts but you can open a can of anything with that, and some of them have bottle openers in their design.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L0bAc6mc5GM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Waffle iron

A can opener is not a unitasker.
An ELECTRIC can opener, on the other hand..

lime zester
hand juicer
novelty penis shaped ice cube tray
pepper grinder

Came to post this.
Also, lemon/lime squeezer.

Literally the first thing that came to my mind.

Also, some of those fancy electric wine openers are nice. I would never consider one on a budge, but if you have the dough to spend it can save your arm some stress especially if it's injured. I've had some bottles of wine that were damn near impossible to pull the cork out one-handed with a hand opener. I'm not even a weakling.

I use mine to create small-batch hand-crafted artisanal coffee, by smashing my own beans. As a bonus my forearms now have Popeye proportions.

fire extinguisher

garlic press and egg slicer

This multitasker works better. Mine is starting to get dull from nutmeg. Should I get a deditated nutmeg grinder with six nut hopper?

>2017
>egg

dafuq did he mean by this?

>2017
>eating eggs without corners

Lemon press is useful. Also I used to use, I guess it was an egg slicer, to slice olives en masse at my old job.

I wouldn't call something a unitasker if there is no other practical way to do that thing, unless that thing is itself absurd and unuseful. So an oyster knife or a can opener don't really fit the bill whereas a banana slicer or an egg squarer does.

>I wouldn't call something a unitasker if there is no other practical way to do that thing
Well then, you're wrong. Words have meanings.

This pleases mondrian

How does that cock tastes soyim?

Vaguely related to the thread topic: how inconvenient is it to just use a mortar and pestle in place of a pepper mill and whatever other spice-grinding devices?

>canned food
the only thing a can opener should be used for is pet food.
buy fresh
buy local

The unitool.

It holds about 12 peas.

And a small amount of liquid

Why don't you cook local and daily for your pets?
Are you some sort of humanist freak?

pets are just animal slaves

Buy stuff from where it's produced most efficiently. If your local food costs more, it's because it requires more resources, both material and human, or someone is just pocketing the self-important wanker premium. You're not a better person for financially pressuring people into toiling needlessly. A fully loaded tractor trailer from California burns less fuel per unit than all the personal vehicles at the farmer's market. Buying hand picked carrots is like buying hand picked wheat.

Looks like something people with this haircut pay $40 for

It also kind of cuts.

Rotary cheese grater.
With a box grater, you can grate other things, like root veg (beetroot, potatoes, carrots etc) and other hard, dense veg (cabbages, eggplants, zucchini etc). But a rotary cheese grater is really good only for grating cheese. It /can/ grate other, small things, but not as well as a plane can. Like garlic, ginger, chilies and so on. A tip I've found: take a bit of very cold butter and run that through the rotary grater for the silkiest, smoothest, spreadable butter straight away, straight from the fridge.
If you eat a lot of freshly grated cheese, a rotary cheese grater is way better than a box grater. Otherwise, just don't even bother.

Grating butter makes it spreadable by putting energy into it and warming it you ding-dong. There's less messy ways to do it. Better yet, don't eat butter. It's thoroughly counterproductive.

I think those two are probably the two ones that stand out the most just due to sheer efficiency - lemon/lime squeezer can get way more juice out of the lemon, while a garlic masher is useful due to garlic being used in pretty much all plates.

> animal sex slaves
FIFY luv my doggo

But I'm still going to prefer fresh food in the supermarket.
Hell, the weekly farmers markets in my town is usually cheaper than the bigger chains. It so happens that the mechanised local farmer can produce enough produce to sell cheaper than the chains, which is cool.
Mainly because the chains pay the producer a pittance while most of the price you pay goes to the company.
See for example, milk. In Australia at least.

cock actually tastes really good

anyways, how are most of these unitaskers? because they can be used for more than one purpose?

What is this thing actually for? Is it legitimately for draining peas and tasting sauces in minuscule amounts?

THIS WAS NOT THE FROGPOSTER
I WOULD STRUCTURE MY SENTENCES IN A LESS AMBIGUOUS WAY

>don't eat butter. It's thoroughly counterproductive.
But the counterproductivity makes it taste SO much better.

>slicer
I thought we called these things "knives".
>turner
I thought we called these things "literally any utensil, including your hands".

Wow. Really? I had no idea. My gosh. That's amazing. So you're saying that grating the butter increases it's surface area, allowing it to warm and turn spreadable more quickly without risk of melting? My gosh. You're brilliant. You deserve a Nobel Prize for this study. I'll call Sweden right now to nominate you. Your genius must be rewarded.

Also, guess how I know conclusively that you've never actually put butter into a rotary grater? n_~

When you call Sweden, order some dill mustard for me. That shit is phenomenal.

On its way, friend. (:

Fuck yeah.

For my money I prefer a diesel powered can opener. The fumes really ad flavor to my Bush' baked beans and my chunky soups.

>not using a concrete jackhammer to open cans

Pfft, enjoy your unitasker, pleb.

Not him. I dont cook for them daily, but my girlfriend's cat loves watching me cook because I give her scraps of meat that would otherwise go to waste. Sometimes I'll mix finely chopped scraps into her wet food to give it a little extra flavor.

Damn cat gets kind of annoying though because she follows me every step I take when I'm cooking now, but she's our little princhessa.

fire extinguisher is the only acceptable answer

>Egg2

not true, provides a pleasant restraining sensation when applied to testicles

Do you french press? Cuz I don't see how that tool could get you anything smaller than course grounds.

yeah I got a unitasker for you. the idiot that starts this thread every few days. how he manages to walk AND breathe is beyond me.

I use both of these regularly. I could live without them but I am already in the habit and it's not like they take up a lot of space.

Literally all you do with this thing is cut shit

Not true, you can also use it to push the contents currently on top of your cutting board into a frying pan

I pry apart frozen bananas with mine :D

It opens cans pretty well, too.

It doesn't just cut shit, it can also be used to cut food.

name a utensil that can't do that

chopsticks would do it poorly

The unitasker that’s worth getting is the one you use all the time

You’re not supposed to avoid them like the plague, you’re just not supposed to fall for the bullshit hype behind them

If you mince garlic all the time, getting a garlic press you use once every 2 days or so isn’t a waste of money
Buying literally any tool that you use once and then never use again because you just don’t eat that dish often enough is a waste of money and closet space
Like an avocado slicer you don’t use often because avocados are expensive

Chopsticks are generally shit for most culinary tasks.

Found the mayoboi

If you eat avocado often, you know a knife and spoon are all you need.

>The unitasker that’s worth getting is the one you use all the time
This.

I don’t know what’s wrong with you, but you’ve completely missed the point

But if a tool does make a single task easier, there’s no shame in using it
Those things are the basic tools you need, but not necessarily the most efficient tools for you
To slice a hard boiled egg, all you need is a knife, but having an egg slicer is handy if you don’t want to spend the time doing it

But to reiterate, that’s not the point you missed

>2017
>egg

Just saying, I would buy this.

Why not use a knife?

Because I'm very lazy and I also enjoy uniform cuts.

I use my rotary grater for a lot. Chocolate, butter, even ginger sometimes. I love the thing.

>I also enjoy uniform cuts
But, user, you can enjoy those by getting gud.

>Current year meme
>not eating eggs
Found the vegan soyboy.

Meh, it's okay. I'm lost in life and so is everything else I do. But thank you.

As a whole food vegan, I very rarely eat soy. Even most Asian stores don't stock dry soybeans, so that leaves just edamame, tempeh, and natto. I usually get chickpeas instead. They're much more versatile and aren't high in omega-6 fats like soy is.

Nobody cares, soyboy.

I bet you eat more soy than I do, limp dick, and I'm not even avoiding it.

>Soyboy tries to shitpost
>Gets REALLY pissed off by replies
You know there's a vegan thread, right? I mean, you probably made it, so you'd remember, if the soy hasn't fucked your brain.

Don't worry, user. I've been drunk for a week and I have work tomorrow :(

I care, actually.

>Hard-boiled Companion Egg ™

I was just in the hospital for withdrawals and I'm already back on alcohol.

Happy Holidays, user. I hope you have good ones.

The last time I ate soy was October 17. Got a freshly made 8oz block of tempeh to put in dinner I cooked with bf.

You've got to ease down gently, user. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I've been at this for 12 years, man. I know how it is.

I honestly own a lemon/lime squeezer and use it semi frequently. I think it's one that's definitely worth it. I don't think I own any other unitaskers.
Well actually, I have an apple corer and found that to be useful, easy, and worth it.

That's a good run. I hope I can make it that long before they catch me.

>in the year of our lord 2017 he STILL puts his butter in the fridge, not leaving it on the table inside of a butter dish
Fucking wew.

it's too hot where I am it goes off lool

No you don't. Quit while you're ahead. I'll probably be dead soon.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread. Have a good one, man.

Did you mean to post this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=L0bAc6mc5GM

Is never having opened a can what privilege looks like?

I love how you can see the producers or whatever discussing it.
"They're going to lose fingers, man. We have to stop this now!"
"B-but the ratings..."

THERE WAS A CAN OPENER PRESENT THE ENTIRE TIME ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS ASK

>Not using an impact wrench to open cans
What if you need to open your beans and then immediately change a nascar's tires? Try doing that with you're pussy ass jackhammer.

Alsd useful for garlic

You need a cut off wheel for bean cans

Then drink it

I too cook with air tools. What you should really use is the impact chisel head for that there wrench. Best of both worlds that is... like a chick that is mute.

Instead of buying an icecream churner, wait until winter and put a stand mixer outside.

Dosn't count, great for making playdough hair and playdough spaghetti.

The unitasker everyone defends. A rice cooker.
Learn a use a pot you lazy dope.
>B-b-but it cooks when I’m out
You’re lazy.
>B-b-but it keeps it warm
Lazy.
>Slow cooker!
You don’t actually use it for that. We all know.