Steak thread

Post your best steaks. I'm cooking up this bad boy right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

costco.com/Japanese-Wagyu-Boneless-Ribeye-Roast,-12-lbs.product.100311435.html
foodwishes.blogspot.com/2016/12/salt-crusted-beef-tenderloin-no-lomo.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

remember not to get too close to well done.

Is there an objective best way to prepare a good steak? Is the stove-to-oven method the best?

I read an article once and the author wrote something like, "It's simple! Just blah-blah-blah-blah-blah", with each "blah" being a separate stage of the preparation process explained in one word.

Does it really take six steps to do justice to the meat?

Had some filet mignon that came out very good on George Foreman. Marinated for 6 hours with little bit of squeezed orange juice,soy sauce,garlic/onion powder,rosemary. This is most recent

About steaks, what's a wagyu filet mignon like? That tender meat with no fat.

Is it marbled? What's the loin like?

>no fat
>is it marbled

Finished cooking it and I already ate it all. This was right after it was done resting. Probably one of the best steaks I've ever made.

They managed to get fat into every half inch of the meat, I was just wondering what the tenderloin looks like.

Holy shit that needs just a little more time on the pan

what the fuck did you do to it?

nice filename

this is now a food gore bread

It's almost completely raw my dude what are you fucking talking about
>a few more minutes
a little bit more time, get the fuck out of here

It was perfectly cooked to my taste.

Veeky Forums X fucked up the filename. It was supposed to be "cooked sirloin.jpg"

Why gore? The steak tasted great.

It's fucking raw you dolt
R

A

W

>Veeky Forums X fucked up the filename. It was supposed to be "cooked sirloin.jpg"
How the fuck did it manage to do that? Did it just ignore the rename of your repost?

Steak is for raw.
Best taste, best texture.
Take your fucking shoe leather loving ass elsewhere.

Pic related, and it's not a repost.

I didn't know dogs could post on Veeky Forums. How does it feel being a cucked species?

for what purpose?

Just in case my personal information is somehow saved in a file name.

Yeah, "cooked sirloin.jpg" would have been a bad choice. Those elite super hackas would have had a lot fun with thst one.

I post things on Veeky Forums other than steaks I've cooked. I just forgot to reset the filename on this post.

>puts finishing salt on while it's still cooking

I've always put salt on steaks before I cook them. Are you not supposed to?

Raw does not equal rare jackass. It looks raw in the middle. You probably cooked it cold didn't you?

needs way higher hear next time, the entire surface of the steak should be at least the color of those browned bits on the edges

that is if you aren't just trolling

Made a ribeye the other day. Holy shit it was perfect. It practically melted in my mouth. Gonna get another one later.

>objective best
As long as you get a good sear and correct inner doneness, the method doesn't matter.
However, reverse-sear or sous vide is objectively the easiest way to make a perfect steak and not fuck it up.
Six steps? Yeah, I'd say it's definitely that simple.

I like my steaks blue rare.

I've cooked my steak to the point where it developed a "crust" in the past and I've never liked them as much as I like steaks cooked like I cooked this one.

That isn't blue rare though, it's too cooked to be blue rare, while simultaneously being undercooked due to low heat. Blue rare is 5-15 seconds a side on high heat.
That said, if you like it and you aren't having stomach issues or other illness then do what you want.

Dude, you have absolutely zero idea how to cook a steak. Temp was WAY too fucking low and it's raw as fuck. None of the fat has rendered at all. You can pretend all you want that it tasted good, but just know that you're a fucking idiot.

>clearly a completely different cut than what OP had
>Veeky Forums takes the bait

Hello, nu-Veeky Forums

Are you retarded or something?

>marinates an already tender cut in acid for 6 hours
>drops it on "grill" while still wet
>wind up with grey looking shit with "grill" marks

fucking terrible

I have a thin-cut new york strip that I need to cook today. Dunno if I'll just do the chapalin steak method and make it into a steak sandwich or a pseudo philly or whatever.

Steak from last summer or maybe the summer before.

you think you have an informed preference but actually you just suck at steak. nobody who knows what a good steak tastes like will like the way you cook yours, including yourself

Don't reply to people who purposefully do things poorly.

Filet mignon or something from another time

wait, is this a food gore thread?

looks burnt to me

has to be a troll but fuck man you can see in the OP that the pan is nowhere near hot enough
and sure enough you have yourself a steamed but blue rare steak, somehow
great job, dingaling

Veeky Forums filenames start with 15--- for liek the last two years

Oh ok, so you just have shit taste then. There is no fucking way that steak is the best it can be, you are delusional

if this isn't a troll, then i hope you didn't actually eat this

it can pass as a steak thats undergone 1/2 of the reverse sear method

that is, this steak is still salvageable, just blaze your pan as hot as you can get it and place the steak on it for a few minutes each side

meat thermometers are kind of a must if you aren't a seasoned steak cooking veteran and you should be aiming for around 128 F at the center

My most recent, was super tasty.

that actually looks pretty good, first one in the thread. congrats

Nice raw fat :/

are you retarded?

are you butthurt?

I like my steaks well done. What are you fags going to do about it!

>nice charred crust full of smokiness and flavor
>juicy, medium rare

best looking steak in here

why do you use pan for steak? Use this

uhhh user notice how the fat is opaque instead of translucent?

ny strip i ate last week

This is an abomination

Looks over cooked but it's rare inside.

Yikes! Ever tried turning the heat up past medium-low?

costco.com/Japanese-Wagyu-Boneless-Ribeye-Roast,-12-lbs.product.100311435.html
Reminder for steakfags costco is selling imported japanese wagyu ribeye for 999 buckos for 12lbs

I'll post a few of my steaks

looking great.

Will post some of what I have.

1/x

If you guys have tried a chuck eye steak before, you might want to give it a shot. Affordable and can be nearly as good as a ribeye

This one was cooked in the cast iron skillet

2/x

You are a lot better at cooking steak than me.

3/x

regards from 2^3chan

Ooh, give me some of that juicy meat

this was the best i've cooked yet

Looks nice and so do the Brussels sprouts

What do we think of this?

>sous vide
Why would anyone who values their life cook food inside a plastic bag? This meme needs to die.

Looks pretty great to me. 8/10

Bit rare for my taste.

The fat cap could do with a wee bit more rendering, but the meat looks top notch.

>bad boy
sad soy?

>Never had food cooked with one

If you understood anything at all about what happens when you heat plastic like that, you would never ever do it again.

Made this yesterday with a pan sauce of broth, wine, and shallot.

I remember my dad did this thing with a steak, I think it was a giant sirloin, where he coated it in egg white and then completely covered it in kosher salt, I think, said he got the idea from somewhere in South America?
Anyway he baked it in the oven and when it was done the salt crust fell off instantly. Apart from being a bit salty, which wasn't even a big deal, it was some of the best steak I've had
Does ANYONE have any idea of what I'm talking about ?

foodwishes.blogspot.com/2016/12/salt-crusted-beef-tenderloin-no-lomo.html

Is your dad Columbian?

I'll be honest with you, I cut it off and ate it on bread like jelly.

Irish actually, but yeah that's what he made
Fucking fantastic, nice crust but the shell retained all the juices. He's also never been to south america so I have zero idea where the fuck he got the idea

I've wanted to try it for a while. Is it very salty?

Clean your fucking grill, & stop refilling that rusty tank

I managed to make a new thread in stead of replying, but anyway, I made some steak too

is skillet better then grilled? I've always grilled

I'd say it falls between gas and coal.
If you're not using coal, you might as well be frying it in some oil and butter.

i just turn the burner as high as it will go and cook each side and the edges for about a minute each in some butter. gets a nice med-rare/rare steak with good sear on the outside everytime.

magnificent!!

Why do either of those things? What benefit would it bring the food? I clean off the grated part of the grill where the meat goes, the part where the stuff falls is gonna be gross no matter what, so I don't see the point in cleaning it.