Want to buy an affordable knife set. What's recommended? Will be using it for pre cut meat and poultry mainly

Want to buy an affordable knife set. What's recommended? Will be using it for pre cut meat and poultry mainly.

Pic related, first time trying to make carbonara. I realized I don't have a knife that can cut through pancetta

>pancetta
>not guancale

leave

I'm not a fan of knife sets but if you want something decent that's affordable just go for wushtoff or victorinox knives and buy either a set that only has what you need or the individual knives you need (Chef knife, bread knife, filleting/boning knife etc.)

Kys fag, first learn to spell guanciale

>2017
>meat
>set
You're probably the kind of person to never sharpen knives, so any cheap set will behave almost identically to a good knife.

Where do you get guancale? I went to two fancy delis last week and neither had any

pretty common in the northeast. guessing you are in a flyover state?

Nice projection cunt. I didn't cook much before, but now that I've started i feel I might need more essentials, that's why I asked for a set, which includes stuff like maybe a cleaver and all.

Side note, wtf is up with this shitty ass elitism going on lmao.

>knife set
just kill yourself instead

LMAO!!!

Sets are not good because the knives are lesser quality for a lower price point even when it's from the same brand as standalone good knives, and you won't use most of them. It's better to get what you know you need individually.

I understand pancetta to be some kind of bacon? Are your current knives not cutting it thin enough? Get the tools and knowledge to maintain an edge before spending much on good knives.

the child wants a meat cleaver and all for his home cooking because he made pasta one time. you aren't going to fix his stupid

He's going to need a better knife to commit suicide.

Hey OP. Lets see what you currently have.

A good rule of thumb is to look at how much you would spend on a traditional "set" then use that to buy what you need. Usually a good chefs knife (and the means to sharpen and maintain it), bread knife, and paring knife.

Also keep a $5 Kiwi around for guests/travel.

I've never used a kiwi, but I'm suspicious of any knife that advertises that it's made of flexible steel.

>hurr cleavers look p sweet LMAO
You are fucking retarded, just stop for the love of god

For some reason people on this board have insecurities about knives. It's mainly because they need to justify the $1000 they spent on a knife they use twice a year. They're giant faggots and should be ignored.

nice projection

No, we're saying to get a knife that will be used every day.

OP doesn't eat vegetables

or if he HAS good knives already to learn how to fucking sharpen them. Which is why we asked for pics.

>instagram story
Go back to facebook oozey normie

>Don't buy a set, buy specific knives
>Go to a store where you can try the handle to see if it's comfortable in your hand
I have a short Henkel chef's knife and I love it, use it every day. I got it at a discount place so it was only 40 bucks

Yeah, we regularly keep are knives sharpened. Pic related is what we use at home. Its sharp enough to slice vegetables paper thin, but it just doesn't work with raw meat.

Firstly that picture was just an example, I want to try cooking different meats, which is why I gave the example of the cleaver. Please go back to sucking on your dad's dick if you don't want to be helpful

holy shit you're mentally retarded
>Please go back to sucking on your dad's dick
you clearly still live with your parents you fucking loser

Basic set of 3 MAC knives, goes for about 200 dollars on sale. If you only want one, go for a deba cho.

Yeah I've been looking it up people recommend mac mth 80, henckels classic, or wusthof. Henckels is the cheapest of the lot, so I guess I'll start off with that, don't think I need or deserve a $100 knife yet.
What should I get except the 8 inch chef knife?

based on what you've shown us, you should get the Mac 8 inch chefs, and properly sharpen it. It will handle your ham just fine.

I just use an 8 inch chef knife, a paring knife, and a serrated knife. It's good to have a serrated knife for bread or thick skinned fruits and vegetables.

What the difference between the mac 8 inch chef knife and the henckels 8 inch chef knife, except one bring much more expensive

>that pic
Wtf

I know right, but that's what we work with in my country

KIWIs are pretty good too be honest, I have three of them in my collection (60+ chefs knives). The large meat knife, the large nakiri and the small meat knife. The small meat knife iis the only one that is so flexible that it might be somewhat dubious to use.

>that's what we work with in my country
Where on earth do you live? I have been reading about and collecting knives for more than 35 years, and never have I seen a knife remotely like that.

India :[

If I were you I'd try out the Thai KIWI brand knives, even here in Germany they cost just a few dollars and they are really nice. They offer a nakiri, a gyuto style knife that would be good for slicing and a knife that looks a bit like a stubbby santoku in extra large. Pic related. they also have a bunch of smaller knives, like a small nakiri and a small version of my pic but it is made of every thin steel.