I'm a straight male that wants to write a novel about a gay main character...

I'm a straight male that wants to write a novel about a gay main character. What books can I check out for inspiration on how to correctly represent a gay 20-something male? Thanks

Your diary.

As an experiment, you could let me fuck your ass. We both could learn something

I just wrote this in another thread but the shared experience of gay people is isolation. I have a degree of respect for more effeminate types because they clearly broadcast their lack of masculinity at an early age. Out of curiosity or out of lust, some of the men will have sex with them. When rumors are spread, the men who fucked them will be the first to call them faggots as to not to reveal their own secret. The bottom learns that anybody who they show affection to will turn on them and the top recognizes he must keep distance between him and his target in order to maintain his status. Both live a life of as nervous outsiders to a gender that could reject them wholesale at any time. The women will accept gays as nothing more than a foot servant and men will practice distance. Real strength is found at your individual core, finding some kind of redemption or at least a way to relate others through abstract means of art or politics. Retards in the gay culture use collective strength to extract revenge against a patriarchal culture they find antagonistic.

What to remember is isolation. Fetishes and sexual dysfunctions are a result of sexuality developed alone or digitally trying to come to fruition in the physical, concrete world. I can't really speak to the experience of gay kids living in an "accepting climate." Much of my experience is founded in a parochial upbringing.

Wow, that was insightful. Thank you user

No problem. As a Veeky Forums user, you probably have all the depressive tendencies and behavioral patterns that would make cause someone to identify as gay. When you're developing the character, remember that he's operating from the same baseline as you but using a much different set of tools to address the problem. Whether they're effective or not is up to you to decide.

It might be difficult to flesh him out as gay characters typically take the place of comedic minstrels in modern entertainment. To get behind the quick comments and familiar rhetoric to make a man that the audience can fail with will be difficult.

Gay dudes are all over the spectrum. My friend is gay but would never suck a dick or get fucked in the ass again because he doesn't like it. Here also drinks whiskey, smokes reds, and buys scratch offs all the time. If I were you'd I'd write him as a super abrasive, annoying twink.

In "Accepting climates" there is still some degree of isolation.
It's born partially because the more persecuted homos will insist that since you did not live a persecuted life your experiences are meaningless, subsequently throwing your agency away in a similar fashion to how their societies tossed them aside.
It is also partially as a result of faux sympathy derivative from ignorance of the condition, or to keep up appearances as tolerant when, in actuality, they care nothing of your person and are merely using you for their own pride.

I mean it's there, it's tangible in all the ways isolation can be, but the circumstances surrounding both the positive and negative of the condition likely creates a massive gap in severity.
I would like to see how much persecution intensifies isolation but at the same time I'm too craven to consider anything remotely self-destructive, so I can rely only on the anecdotes of those who have experienced both.

this seems like a very over-elaborate scheme to do "research" about gay sex

For me, the audience wouldn't know he was gay unless they piece together a bunch of little details. The whole set up is that this character suffers a breakdown from a relationship and is relocated elsewhere in the country because his family thinks it will be good for him. Throughout the story he keeps referring to this one girl and how he broke his heart and ruined his life. The audience is made to believe that this girl he keeps referring to is the girl he was in a relationship in.

But in reality, this girl he keeps thinking about was his sister. She is the one that tells his parents she caught him with another man. The parents then kick him out of the house and he is forced to move else where. I need to figure out how to pepper in these details throughout the story.

>It's born partially because the more persecuted homos will insist that since you did not live a persecuted life your experiences are meaningless, subsequently throwing your agency away in a similar fashion to how their societies tossed them aside.

>It is also partially as a result of faux sympathy derivative from ignorance of the condition, or to keep up appearances as tolerant when, in actuality, they care nothing of your person and are merely using you for their own pride.

You sound like a whiny faggot and I wouldn't write you in as a character in a book unless I wanted somebody for the readers to hate.

A literal majority of your problems are related to how people aren't sympathising with your victimised self correctly.

i believe homosexuals in particular relish being victims and love to use their victim status to blackmail people and get victimhood scholarships from the federal government. can't they tell they are being used as pawns to subvert society. I remain to be surprised at how utterly shrill and self righteous these politically correct lgbtqiabbqsjw victims can be. I doubt they actually like getting fucked in the ass, and they just do it because its the hip trendy marxist and politically correct thing to do

How frogposters can be such faggots I will never know. He's talking about navigating a social hierarchy where the actors try to frame you inside or outside the context of victimization for their own benefit. Institutions like queer victimhood stand in the way of any tools to solve the problems in front you in the same way the Red Pill does.

>your problems are related to how people aren't sympathising with your victimised self correctly
Nobody sympathizes with you, hence you're isolated in your experiences.
I'm not victimized and don't pretend to be, it's just that everyone projects that onto you as some sort of "identity" so it becomes some sort of common knowledge that fags are "oppressed."

>You sound like a whiny faggot
In reality I'm just lonely and miserable.

it doesn't really make sense to me. i turn on the tv, gays, fucking rainbow billboards on every corner, lgbtsjws hijacking our institutions of higher learning, christian bakers forced to bake cakes for gay weddings, new reality shows about transgender toddlers, and yet, they complain about being oppressed and victimised by evil bad society. I don't get it. I was all for 'gay tolerance' back in the day, yay! obama '08 gay marriage and all that jazz, but maybe, we shouldn't let the genie out of the box, most gays are highly disturbed and ideological.

Just like a straight guy but likes dudes instead of chicks?

Go to /LGBT/ for a bit. You'll learn all about the disgusting hedonism, deeply ingrained self hate, desire to get fucked by their fathers, and much more in just a few seconds.

Do you subscribe to the theory that young gay boys naturally take after their mothers?

Those are all the things he's talking about being projected onto him you obtuse fagtron

my diary desu

You should probably watch more movies with gay characters in them, watch politician's speeches about homosexuality, wide-spread religious ideas about it, historical treatment of them and such. After all, gay people live in a very different sphere of sexual morality than we do, since they've been largely shunned. A hetero person grows up learning from his hetero parents, hetero couples in media, thinks about marriage and kids in the future, etc., but historically speaking gays have never had anything like that.

you shouldn't. don't appropriate the culture or experiences of gay queers or other marginalised folks.

Go on /lgbt/ and ask in the gaygen

They have those things in mass media preciesely because gay people aren't accepted in a comparable degree. Mass media does not represent what a gay person goes through growing up, and a song and a show about it doesn't make all the negative input they've received go away.

This is exactly the kid of victim assigning me and another poster where just talking about. Go fuck yourself.

I'd talk to homosexuals. I think that's better than reading most books. Because often those books present homosexuals in a very particular circumstance, like San Francisco or New York or the AIDS epidemic. If you want too present people in more natural circumstances it's better to ask particular questions. There are lots (I think of different types of gays). Have you decided what type of person your character is? Like femme, straight acting, top, bottom, etc? I can answer particular questions honestly because of the anonymity....

Fucking sexual appropriator. Go fuck yourself.

What a pointless post you've made.

Honestly, I kind of get what he's saying. Of course, this may be total bullshit, in which case be free to point it out. Everyone makes such a big deal about something that doesn't want to be made a big deal of. The more vocal parts of the gay community can be endlessly hypocritical- on one hand, many want to be seen as normal people who can live their lives just like anybody else. Yet at the same time they flaunt their sexuality around like it's their sole personality trait, too dull and one-dimensional to ever lead a normal life, instead making their entire life revolve around their sexuality. They are caricatures, living stereotypes that end up reflecting badly on all homosexuals. They make it embarrassing to be gay, and I guess that creates some degree of isolation in less persecuted homos. Even people in tolerant cities may find themselves assuming all gays to be overtly feminine with that fucking lisp because the vocal minority acts like this and puts on parades to shove it in everyone's face that they are, in fact, gay. To make matters worse, popular media (at least in the US) also spreads this caricature, with many homo characters on TV having these same personality traits that are, objectively, not normal. Once again, if I'm just making myself look like a whiny faggot begging to be a victim, be free to call me out on it.

>i turn on the tv, gays, fucking rainbow billboards on every corner, lgbtsjws hijacking our institutions of higher learning, christian bakers forced to bake cakes for gay weddings, new reality shows about transgender toddlers
This is what society assumes is the stereotypical LGBT fuckwad and markets it to them as such.
They don't care who you are, they think that because you're gay you're the gay caricature too, and they really don't give a rats ass if you're not.
It's society's projection onto gays what they "should" be. It's as though everyone expects you to be some fruitloop. Doesn't matter if you're not, you'll still be treated as such.

>they complain about being oppressed and victimised by evil bad society
And "they" are the people who will use what persecution gays get on an individual basis and try to megaphone it as though it is systemic oppression. They don't actually give a rats ass about gays, they just use them as political pieces with which to acquire influence.

>most gays are highly disturbed and ideological
Neat.

>Everyone makes such a big deal about something that doesn't want to be made a big deal of
On the dot.

The more I read about homosexuality on this site (particularly from gays themselves), the less I understand it.

For instance, I've read many gays or ex-gays saying to the effect of: "It really is a choice, and you can choose not to." In which case: why would ever make that choice in the first place?

I've also read gays describe it in exactly the same terms that cutters describe their habit - an inherently self-destructive activity that they can't stop themselves from, because they hate themselves or something. I've ALSO read homosexuality described as a general accessory to a lifestyle of meth addiction and squatting.

Help me out, Veeky Forums.

>"It really is a choice, and you can choose not to."
>Why would they ever make that choice
It's a complex subject and one I'm no expert on. I'm unconvinced at this point, but willing to concede that in some cases this is true but it also has to do with the fact that homosexuality can come into fruition from a fairly wide variety of stimuli and experiences.
As for why, that'd be a personal question for the person who made the choice.

>an inherently self-destructive activity that they can't stop themselves from, because they hate themselves or something
Self-loathing is very common in gays, but mostly derives from them being gay and not them being gay because they hate themselves.

>I've ALSO read homosexuality described as a general accessory to a lifestyle of meth addiction and squatting
No clue, first I've ever heard something like that

My point is complaining that, first, trying to draw a comparison between what older gay folks experienced, like gay conversion therapy via electroshock and being disowned by their families, and older gay folks "throwing your agency away" by not understanding you're a total victim, is soooo fucking whiny it's unbelievable. People refusing to be a shoulder to cry on because they legitimately had it worse are not victimising anybody or taking anybodies agency away.

Second, honestly, if you look at one group and get pissed at the faux-sympathy, and then look at another group and get pissed they're not being sympathetic enough, with that kind of mindset, you will perpetually find reasons to victimise yourself and whine. You could find a positive in BOTH GROUPS, one is not giving you faux sympathy, and one is saying no your experiences are not meaningless and I sympathise with you, you could choose to appreciate both groups or at least one, but instead the choice is to whine about both. In my experience, somebody with that kind of mindset has their head up their ass and needs to stop being such a fucking cynic.

Go to gay bars and talk to homosexuals like Mishima did.

I think you misunderstood their point.

I am gay, and I can choose to be with a woman. But the real question is: would I get the same emotional/sexual fulfillment that I know I can get from a man?

It is wrong and selfish of gay men to choose this. It's unfair to the woman. A woman deserves genuine love/sex, and they need that from a heterosexual man.

I used to be self-loathing, not BECAUSE I was gay, but because of the stigma associated with it. It unconciously manifested itself as me doing risk-taking behaviors (I used drugs, had unprotected sex, didn't take care of myself) and I didn't even know until I went to a shrink and he made me realize my whole self-loathing thing.

I now accept the fact that I am gay, and I cannot change my feelings toward other men. To do so would be harmful and force me down a path of dissapointment, shame, and inevitably, those self-destructive behaviors.

>I am only what external institutions tell me I am

nice post

How about write about something you know instead.

kek is this a serious post

Lol fag.

i feel like most gays/transgenders are leftists who are in it just for virtue signalling and them sweet victim points

I really like how hard you're ragging on victimization when the thing I was talking about was isolation.
I probably shouldn't have said agency where I meant to say experiences, but w/e.

And I explained before that faux sympathy and "sympathy" born from a desire to use your personage for personal gains really aren't sympathy. Not the gays who had it worse (I don't expect them to) and not the people around you.
The positive if there is one is that the more "accepted" gays is that they're not persecuted for having open relationships, or for being gay, but that doesn't really change that you're isolated.
People say that coming out gets rid of the isolation, but it's still there. Tucked away. That was the point I was making. Not whining and whinging about how nobody gives me special attention.

Lol why are people on this board always saying that? I obviously don't want to sleep with my father. That is infinitely gross. But if I like older men does that mean I secretly want my dad to fuck me? What about when heterosexual women do it? I mean it's easy to turn this around on you and talk about the Oedipus complex. But I won't here. And the hedonism. While most heterosexual guys struggle to get sex, a minority manage to get a lot of it. And those top tier hetero males have as much if not more sex than most gay men do. Not to mention this generation of women. And the self loathing part...well yeah. So the straight world is as corrupt as the gay one. Just with more children involved etc.....

Gays are never in tune with their emotions. They're all bipolar catty fucks. It's really annoying.