"Hey, user, what's up? Have you ever read this book called 'Things Fall Apart'? I think you'd really like it!"

"Hey, user, what's up? Have you ever read this book called 'Things Fall Apart'? I think you'd really like it!"

yeah

one of the best books I've ever read, actually.

it was assigned reading when I was in college. Some 6/10 korean chick I banged stole my copy, and also gave me scabies.

>one of the best I've ever read, actually

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT

>shill

Do you even know what this word means?

it's a small hill

I read it back in sophomore year of high school as a requirement, I didn't dislike it but know of someone who does.

name and address of this piece of shit.

I also read it in sophomore year of high school

Enjoyed it a lot, the style was pretty interesting

Gave it to my grandmother and it became one of her favourite books

1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Hey, that's good user. My grandmother doesn't even understand English well. But I hope I can pass at least one book on to someone.

>this book called "Things Fall Apart"
what, like there's even a possibility I haven't heard of it before? Just ask "have you read things fall apart," shit. Fuck you

kek

It was assigned reading for me freshman year of highschool. I'm starting to realize my highschool was pretty fucking top notch after coming to Veeky Forums.

English teacher here.

American high school, and American education in general, is dead. Novels are banned in classroom instruction - I am told to teach from short excerpts of larger stories or not at all. I am ordered to teach grammar sparingly and to grade leniently. I am told to ensure my students take and pass a state mandated test which incorporates those elements I am banned from teaching. I am blamed when they fail, and ordered to produce data explaining why my students can't write or read well.

It's worse in the younger grades - my brother was ordered not to teach phonics to 2nd graders, despite the fact that the 1st grade team had been told the same. He had a room full of 7 and 8 year-olds who didn't know the sound "ph." And then I get those same kids in high school in ten years.

Pffft, check out Anthills of the Savannah and get back to me, kid.

why should i do that

the one by that silly nigger who said bad things about Conrad, then retracted them and claimed it never happened?
and who used a quote by a horrible White guy who called for violence for the title of his shitty book? that nigger? appropriating the White man's literary forms too to boot instead of ooga-boogaing a story from the top of a palm tree or making smoking signals? that nigger, yeah?
>fuck off already

"Sure, I'll start reading it. Hey let's go to coffee to discuss books."

Things Fall Apart is pretty good, it's like a Herodotus lore dump in the form of a story for a culture that was around a hundred years ago. I only wish Achebe wrote it less like a conventional western novel, though I understand he's writing for a western audience.

>Hey user, want to come to Connecticut with me this weekend? My family is having a barbecue and there's a Choate alumni party. I know you love Cheever - one of my old teachers is an authority on Cheever, you should come meet him!

Sorry I don't read books written by niggers because I'm redpilled. And no, I don't care to impress you because I've Gone My Own Way.

came to this thread to see if I could find a single un-cucked person besides myself. until I got to your post I was disappointed.

stay strong white brother

"So you haven't ever read 'Things Fall Apart'?"

> It's worse in the younger grades - my brother was ordered not to teach phonics to 2nd graders, despite the fact that the 1st grade team had been told the same. He had a room full of 7 and 8 year-olds who didn't know the sound "ph." And then I get those same kids in high school in ten years.
Holy shit I hope this is an isolated incident. Americucks can't truly be that screwed.

>White man's literary forms
You are the white we wazzers. Novels are not a European invention.

hey lydia. yeah i've read that, way back in a level. chinua achebe's a good writer from what i can tell, i read anthills of the savannah in the summer after my first year of uni. i dont know why i picked that one, maybe just because it has a cool sounding name haha. how's the modelling going?

SHOW ME YA CUNT GIRL

It varies by location. America's federal (central) government isn't much involved in K-12 education, and for the most part leaves it to the states. Some of the states in turn leave it to individual districts, while others are more hands on. No one school or school district in the USA is going to be representative of the whole.

now kiss

>appropriating the White man's literary forms

It's what Achebe was taught in school. He was educated by the British colonial authority that existed in Nigeria at the time and so in his English lessons he learnt about English novels and English literature. Thus it's part of his literary identity.

only good response desu

>tfw chad already got to lydia

>user, will you at least consider joining my family in Gstaad for Christmas? You can speak with my father about Walser, and it would mean so much for my mother to spend some more time with you.

Why the fuck would I want to spend my time getting to know decaying matter? The world belongs to us, my love. Your parents might as well start digging their graves.

wtc slightly ethnic looking Veeky Forums gf

>6/10 korean chick
So a 2/10?

>chad
Did this word lose meaning over time?
I remember when chads were buffed up dudes that crushed pussy every night and partied in a scummy way.
Now everyone that is not you (me) is either a chad (good looking) or an edgelord (fedore/anime/ugly)

Thats sorta concerning but I guess it's to be expected really.

Not him, and I think he is way over the top, but the final chapter is a great work of literature.

Everyone that has ever had sex (not with a hooker) is Chad unless they post on /r9k/

I have actually
I liked the bit where Okonkwo beats his wife on the one day of the year you arent allowed to beat your wife, it was funny in an absurd way

She's got that strange uncanny valley, nu-human look

both attractive and unattractive at the same time

I don't think it's that concerning desu senpai. You need to keep in mind that geographically the US is roughly twice the size of the EU: policies - including education policies - that are appropriate for one part of the country probably aren't going to be appropriate for all other parts.

Imagine if Brussels had control over the education of children in all EU member states (from the Czech Republic to France to Greece to Latvia, etc) and tried to impose a single curriculum on all of them - it just wouldn't work.

Your Things will Fall Apart once I get to you, you succulent hybrid creature.

It's a good book desu

Anyone else give all the Ooga Booga guys white names to help them read?

we had those big ass lit books filled with excerpts in elementary school but moving onto Jr High we read actually books even if they were micro dicked sized like call of the wild.
failing a kid who cant read or do math is racist if the kid is black and failing dumb kids means the school gets less money from the state

Well I don't know about that, but girl can I put my thing in your A-part

The only good part of that book was the part where the mc's gun blows up and kills a kid. Other than that? Shit book.

>mfw tried to enjoy it but all I could think of was BBC especially due to how dominant he was

kek

Two of my relatives are teachers and according to them these books are assigned reading in junior-high school:

>The Kite Runner
>The Maze Runner
>The Hunger Games
>To Kill a Mockingbird

Feels pretty bad man.

read more then, pleb

>Yams and shit

>I'm starting to realize my highschool was pretty fucking top notch after coming to Veeky Forums.
This kind of thing really scares me. I also had to read it in my freshman year of high school...my school was mediocre at best. But people read it in college? Jesus, I weep for the future and its ever declining standard of literacy.

>my son is 11 and hasnt got anyone pregnant yet, better disown him

read medea, catcher in the rye, foe, quiet american, ect for years 11 and 12.

Loved english. Had an eccentric and homely english teacher from the upper class. she was a succesful lawyer before deciding to teach. Her husband was the head of the australian branch of goldman sachs and was on the board for many companies here.

Truly uncanny for a person like that to come to a random high school to teach. Her passion is unforgettable. She really loved what she did and I suppose financial freedom facilitated this.

Catcher in the rye, most boring book I've ever fucking read. Its just this guy who keeps whining about his life and wanting to shoot everyone. I really don't get the fuss about this book.

i think it strikes a chord with certain people. Mainly those who whine about life

>have gf
>happy with her, getting married soon
>can barely get her to read harry potter though
>starting grad school
>meet a girl out last night
>qt, Veeky Forums out of 10, reads Borges and Garcia Marquez in both English and Spanish
>user we should totally exchange books all the time, I'm serious, here's my number
>will see her for next four years
>wat do?

those kind of flat eyes look like shit, they look like an old man's eyes all cloudy with cataracs n shit, you can tell op is a chick

>reads spanish

hire her as ur maid

Thanks user, you cured my yellow fever

I read it as well in high school. Plot was simplistic and stupid. Short summary.

>be Okonkwo
>Wewuzkangz.jpg
>white guy rides up on horse
>kill him
>whites retaliate and decimate village
>blah blah blah, Okonkwo expelled because can't control anger
>loses control again
>hung

The writing wasn't complex and it is some white guilt shit.

DON'T! I had the exact thing happen to me, you will regret it and want to kill yourself.
I repeat: DO NOT DO IT

i got assigned "no longer at east" in college which was the sequel, it was about african countries being corrupt shitholes with or without whites involved, pretty forgettable novel tho, i just remember there was some corrupt chad who fucked a lot of chicks and was a sleaze but maybe normies were supposed to like him i dont know, fuck a chebe

she probably engaged to some chad banker, chicks who study useless subjects and flirt with everyone usually have a rich bf/husband, don't get excited

Its like the shit that goes on in Zimbambwe.

>Magabe kicks out the white farmers
>Steals crops and takes them for themselves
>Doesn't replant crops
>Crops don't grow
>Thewhitemancheatedus.jpg
>Come back whitey

tagged myself on accident

give me her number

When I was in Year 9 (14-15 years old) the other class studied The Hunger Games and some other dystopian YA novel, but since my class had the good teacher we read Animal Farm and 1984 instead. Dodged a bullet there. That class was probably the defining point of me being competent at English, she taught us how to structure essay's well (I didn't really have to learn anything more and got 3.5 GPA at uni) and we actually had intelligent discussion about the books we read.

It wasn't an advanced class or anything, just pure luck we got the teacher who cared.

At the bookstore now. What are some Veeky Forums approved books?
>inb4 form your own opinions
I want to give you guys a chance before dismissing you as pretentious.

this tbqfwuf, these types of girls are not worth it. Stick by your chick. There are worse things than your girlfriend not reading.

Read it in high school. Didn't like it. We also had to read Rand's Anthem, and Wiesel's Night
Pretty shit class desu.

Here's a pretty wide selection. I've read every book on this chart other than 2666 and Mishima and I would say they're all good to very good, though as a rule of thumb I would say avoid the American ones other than Stoner for now. Nabokov and Conrad aren't native, so they're fine

>nu-human
what does this mean

i imagine an extension of nu-male aesthetic that is simultaneously satirizing post-gender identities

Currently reading Junger's Storm of Steel and it's good

Thanks for the reccs.

Also, a big part of it is that he might take it for granted how much he likes his current gf.
And liking the same lit is such a small, meaningless thing in a relationship

The nu-human look is characterized by looking like any ethnicity or multiple ethnicities at once.