Please make your selection, Veeky Forums

Please make your selection, Veeky Forums.

>no kafta
Eh. Falafel and Lamb platter then.

Combo platter lamb + chicken

Fleshlight full of macaroons.

Chicken over rice is $8? You must be in Midtown. It's $6 up where I live.

this is all pretty expensive compared to Greek town in Toronto

Lamb gyro pls. Extra tzatziki.
Bf would probably order fish on pita or veggie rice.

Lamb gyro

Isn't that basically lamb anyway?

Toronto does have really good gyros. I love that city.

What's a falafel?

pork plz

>$7-$8
This better be the biggest fucking gyro available in 50 miles

lamb gyro w/ extra sauce
chicken over rice w/ extra rice

why do poories feel the need to make these posts whenever a menu is shown.

>you could get falafel cheaper in kabul

>chicken gyro
Isn't that just souvlaki

Crunchy chickpea fritter. They're super tasty.

Just how poor are you?

Poories? I still live in Manhattan, ya flyover. Who the fuck pays that much when you could get literally the same shit 1 mile away?

You also want to get a cart labeled as 'Halal' food because it's literally all the same shit but cheaper because it intimidates tourists.

There are other carts than Halal Guys. And guess what? Many of them are better.

Why does the chicken plate cost the same as the lamb plate?
I was at the butcher this morning. Chicken was under a dollar a pound; lamb was 6.

>It's not lamb

Yeah I know that, I get my food from some generic Halal truck up on 125th and it's pretty solid. The annoying thing is that there's usually a bunch of dudes in front of the Walgreens trying to get a buck from you because you're in line for a cash-only truck.

The real question is why does the platter option which comes with ric, salad, and sauce cost the same as the salad option? Is there more meat for the salads?

Lamb over rice.

they're awesome. i avoided them all my life because i didn't understand what they were/ was scared to try them, and now it's my go-to.

Because it's actually premade processed gyro meat in all likelihood

those are the same guys who take your money with the same glove they prepared your food with

>I still live in manhattan
>broadway shows are a fucking joke
>timesquare is a tourist hole with nothing to do the prices for any popular food there are jacked up the ass
>coney island is so fucking dangerous at night with bums junkies and crazies filling up the place nathans is salty as fuck with a regular sodium packed dog at $4.12 a piece
>seen street food vendors picking their nose and coughing on the food and have seen pigeons eating from the halal stands
>restaurant bathrooms don't have a hook for you to hang your stuff
>the stupid street performers awing the tourists like morons
>trains keep shutting down or rerouting with little to no announcement prior to you buying your ride >disgusting blizzards that slowdown traffic with slushy snow
>its a terrorist hotbed
>no thanks

enjoy your manhattan pigeon shit faggot

Kafta is lamb and beef and it's specifically ground. So the texture is different than kebab.

>tfw gyro rhymes with pyro and I love this food and fire

Sounds gross desu

Am I the only one who finds the word "platter" kind of unappetizing?

It's 5$ for most of that stuff where I work in the 130s

>hurr poor
>hurr just pay more
jesus christ why are you such a faggot, it's called competition nigger

>thinks Manhattan is only Midtown

As if I even go to broadway shows and hang out in TS. Coney Island is in Brooklyn, too. The only valid criticisms you had that I even deal with are the trains. The trains are becoming more and more shit, but at least I don't ever need a car here, compared to college when I lived in the Midwest and having to use a car for every single menial thing was obnoxious. The other annoying shit about Manhattan that you didn't list is the price of rent, but it's not as bad uptown where I live.

Yes

it doesnt matter where manhattan is. it's a piece of shit borough and a piece of shit city. halal trucks/carts are some of the nastiest food vending businesses in new york. they don't have any running water, those fucking sand niggers blowing their nose and never washing their hands. exposed to the nasty air around them with pigeons swooping by for a snack. they count money with the same gloves they use to make your food with.

fuck halal food. it's fucking disgusting to know my food is being prepared by some fucking nasty faggots who aren't regulated by the city.

$6 all day on 23rd street

enjoy your sandnigger infested food

Damn Niggas I work in Fidi and my local cart does lamb and chicken combo over rice for $5.

Wew lad. I'm sure the Mcchicken you've been scarfing down is perfectly containment free.

Also did someone bump into you walking down 7th ave and now you vow never to go into a large city? Why are you so butthurt, Faggot.

My wife works in the Municipal building down there and her cart is only like 5 bucks. It's 6 bucks up here in Harlem. She says the rice is better up here though.

Does anyone have a good recipe for the sauce these places use? I've got the rice and meats down, and I suspect that the sauce is actually mayo-based and thinned out with some acid and other stuff, not yogurt-based like tzatziki. That shit is pretty much the only reason I go there along with the harissa hot sauce.

He's just mad. There's always gonna be people hating on the city, as long as it means there's less tourists, I don't care. Any city that's large enough will attract detractors, and NYC has no shortage.

>I suspect that the sauce is actually mayo-based and thinned out with some acid and other stuff, not yogurt-based like tzatziki.

I don't eat faggot mcdonalds. and halal food even less. those nasty motherfuckers can keep their food. where do these faggots get their meat from? the rodent filled sewers?

enjoy your rat plagued city

I used to get the lamb or chicken over rice on my commute home sometimes. I miss it.

Do you pronounce it GYRO or HEERO

wow. you sound so upset. May I ask what city you call home? The all superior city where there is nothing but good things? I'm curious Mr. Angry.

new york

Do New Yorkers really eat this?

Chicken over rice. But only if it's white meat.

>$8
walk the fuck away i get my shits for $5 or $6 w a coke deadass

it's a few bucks difference who cares? are you poor?

it's gr-eye-ho

halal carts are all over, recently spent 3 days in nyc, i saw more of these guys than hot dog carts, and when its late and you've had a few it was a welcome convenience....wish we had these back where i live

i got the combo chicken/lamb over rice, extra garlic sauce

What the fuck do you even do in the 130s?

burger

Lamb gyro.

Hot dogs are passé now?

yup, new yorkers are up for anything you throw at them. they'll eat shit on a stick if it was marketed right and if it was a new trend. put it in a food cart and they'll go fucking bananas.

thing with new york is everything closes early so they can't buy all their food cart favorites.

what's this eh?

What the

1 chicken gyro + 1 lamb gyro

unless this is a place with enormouse gyro, then just one lamb

Can’t decide between lamb gyro and falafel sandwich. Both are too good.

fuck off

>thing with new york is everything closes early

I thought NYC was "the city that never sleeps"?

hello hi i am from new york

i tell every single one of my out of state friends that if they ever come to visit to NEVER eat out of one of them

so unhygenic

>lel brakedust on ur food
>the guys working these things can never fucking speak proper english
>wears the same plastic gloves stained with orange muslim spice for hours at a time
>cross contamination on fucking everything
>not even the sodas in the ice pit are safe
>lel let me dump out this bag of suspect chicken along with the yummy juices in the bag straight onto the heat
>as the op picture shows none of the food items are ever fucking priced properly
>somehow manages to go through the steps of acquiring a cart license and receive an nyc food handlers license with the lack of aforementioned english skills (what the fuck)
>lettuce and tomatoes reside in a metal hole in the cart (who knows how regularly they bother to clean it)
>lettuce and tomatoes are 100% never washed
>never any running clean water in the carts
>you'll see the carts being pulled along by trucks as they leak water (from what??) so not structurally sound at all
>everything even the pita bread is pre-bought so theres no sense of genuine halel cuisine
>lel let's all leave the sauces out in the blazing 90f heat of new york summers
>everytime i've eaten from one of these i've gotten the shits
>you don't get the fucking shits from just CHICKEN AND RICE
>dumb fags act annoyed when you order something from them
>they always look unfriendly
>never seen one of them eat their own food actually
>the food smells fucking awful and join it with the amazing scent of nyc air along with the fact that people will fucking eat this garbage anywhere including fucking train cars
>doesn't even fucking taste that good compared to going to a deli and getting your actual moneys worth

go eat shit if you can't find a 24/7 hr deli btw

>ripping on halal carts for their sanitation and at the same time advocating 24 hour delis/bodegas with their pans and hotplates that had who-knows-what on them

get fucked, dumbass. If you really care about the sanitation of your food in New york then either prepare it yourself at home or go spend some actual money at a nice restaurant. Don't expect cheap convenience food to be ultra sterile unless it comes in a wrapper.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh
Lamb over rice my bomb making nigga

i'll agree with you there on every point just don't call me mean names

nope. vegas is.

>used to be an adventurer like you
>took arrow in knee

this

>be me
>ordered a chicken and lamb over rice
>ask for sauce (bathes the food in it)
>prepared the rest of the meal
>guy constantly rubbing his nose off with his hand while preparing my food
>feeling like I need to leave
>as he closes the box he coughs violently
>leave

I hate these motherfuckers. I don't think they know how much they are disliked for their mannerisms. where the fuck do these assholes get permission to serve food?

several years ago I watched a really depressing movie on Netflix about a (middle eastern?) guy that owned a food truck, but if I search for it the only results are for that fucking 'Chef' movie. I know it's not a lot of detail, but does this movie ring a bell to anyone?

nevermind, found it. It's called 'Man Push Cart.'

too long to read. whats the story about?

>New York Gyro

How is this any different from a regular gyro?

the only difference is ny gyros are less in quality