Used Books

Any good finds lately Veeky Forums?

Can't complain:

what currency is that?

Shekolinos.

Eragon, Steve Jobs and Life of Pi are recent purchases.

Dollarinos

i recently got this stuff. really happy with it. yeah, i know it's sideways.

>A Theory of JUST

Pretty patrish desu

>ICE

Found this yesterday at a tiny used bookstore. Couldn't believe it.

Finished Darconville's Cat recently. One of the best books I've ever read, I hope Laura is as good.

Impressive Descartes

That's the edition recommended by the lit philosophy guide IIRC

Paperback edition is an alright find. Now if it was a first edition hardcover on the other hand

Don't have them yet but I have these bad boys on the way. Only $25 for both.

I saw it too at my used bookstore but the spine was broken. Regret not getting it anyway.

Oh shit I am jelly

why couldn't you believe it?

buying secondhand books is gross. people bringing them into the bathroom, drenching them in fecal particles. dudes jerking off with the book on the desk, possibly taking splash damage. opening up page 43 to find a buger solidified and flattened. you people disgust me.

What's in them?

t. just finished Aquinas' commentary on Aristotle's De Anima yesterday

The back of both volumes describes the content of them. 2362 pages of Aquinas Published by Hackett.

You mean like this?

Because it's worth a lot more than I paid and I spend a ridiculous amount of time in bookstores and haven't seen the first edition paperback. Just clean it with a fucking disinfecting wipe. It doesn't harm them and works great.

>Reading books that someone else read while probably taking a shit and not washing their disgusting hands.

Descartes is trash though

Take that back you fuck.

picked up chicken soup for the catholic soul for 50 cents. Just finished some book about the indians fars I picked up last month

why buy a dictionary in 2017 rather than use a computer?

I recently bought a pristine copy of The Public Burning for £0.01p + £2.99 p&p, so £3. Its never been read and has been sitting on someones shelf for a decade or two. I think the person who had it didn't realise what they had.

How is it?

It's currently waiting to be read.

because dictionaries are extremely pleasant and useful, especially when i'm trying to retain a literary experience. when i use my computer, that entails getting up from my book, walking over, turning on my computer, waiting, opening google, typing in the word.
i don't waste money on smart phone bullshit, so that's not an option.
As it is, I look over at my dictionary, pick it up, read the definition, and go back to my book. i remain immersed in literature this way.

lmao I bet you'll never read it and sell it in a decade or two

had a lot of luck when i bought this little gem for 3 bucks

Damn, I don't even like his translation but that's a really cool find. Is it a 1st edition, 1st printing as well?