10 years from now, no one is going to care how quickly the books came out

>10 years from now, no one is going to care how quickly the books came out.

imagine if William Gaddis' novels were each a season in a television show and the fans had to wait for him to finish the books.

I mean, really he's right. People should stop investing in long running fantasy series if they are interested in a conclusion. They should have learned this by now.

Give me a break, who the fuck would hang out with Sam? Fuck him and his pseudo-scholastic quackery.

He's only waiting for the TV series to finish up so he can BTFO D&D.

hmmmmm i wonder what character old george r.r. wrote as a self-insert hmmmmmm

really gets my /noggin/ joggin

Reading his books was the biggest mistake i ever done.

they literally only like hound in their fantasies, there are monsters like him in real life that they would never go near.

Well, obviously. That why i read book only from dead authors and play videogames series that are already finished, story-wise.

And that is all right. It not that erotic fantasies are somewhat reflection of what we REALLY want in our everyday lives.

He's right about finding something else to read, desu.

yeah. that's what a fantasy is.

GRRM is Sam

Exactly, even when GRRM is given full creative freedom to make his self-insert more likeable or more of a better person he still can't do it.
He's such a pathetic, fat, insufferable douche it even transcends the totality of freedom afforded by creative fiction writing.

10 years from now, he'll be fucking dead. Look at the gut on that hobbit.

This and he still won't be done. Imagine ripping off Tolkien and not even having the decency to complete your rip off.

Same. But hey user, please buy the latest anthology with GRRM's brand new short story! I bet half the sales from Book of Swords will come from ASOIAF fans.

10 years from now no one will care about the books at all

A forgotten series only kept alive by the senile tweets of grrm from his old age home.

>I never specified daneryes skin colour! She wuz dragon quaanz n sheeeit

He's correct. I honestly don't get the entitlement of some "fans". You paid for your copy and got it. Nothing else was promised.

>writing fantasy is ripping off Tolkien

Just like people will stop caring about HP? Oh wait.

I'm pretty sure a series has to end in order to be considered forgotten by his definition.

>A-all i care about is the quality of my work!
>the more she drank the more she shat
>fat pink mast
>fat man straining to shit
>retarded plotlines to boot!
LMAO! SAD!

>He's correct. I honestly don't get the entitlement of some "fans". You paid for your copy and got it. Nothing else was promised.

It's generally understood that if you purchase a part of a continuing product, that the continuance will be produced if there is a sufficient profit generated. Otherwise there isn't much benefit to investing one's time and money into something incomplete. Are the producers of such things "obligated" to continue them in a timely fashion? Not necessarily, as it would depend upon their contractual obligations; but there is a reasonable expectation of service that justifies the consumer investment. That being said, I have no interest in reading his books, but complaints by his readers are justified.

I don't care whether the books come out at all, full stop. Does anyone here care?

>be me
>cooking for Sam
>ask him "why does water boil?"
>he starts rambling about the world being made of 4 elemental substances
>he makes a logical argument with a few unprovable axioms ("In the upward movement is contained divinity", fucking really, Sam?) for which he proves that every bubble produced by boiling water is a divine metaphor for virtue

>tfw I'm a free folk barbar, yet I know more about the world than this retarded bookworm

Artururius Schopenhasten Lannister was right, too many books will turn you stupid.

But HP did pretty much end. The additional stuff is extra material from the same universe and only exists because the series isn't forgotten.

It's a lot like Star Wars, that wasn't forgotten after the initial trilogy or even after the prequels.

Obviously he means it relatively to other works of the genre,he's not writing another War and Peace and is obviously aware of it, and while his stuff isn't as iconic as Tolkien yet, quality-wise the fat fuck is pretty good so far. He's probably afraid to fuck it up like D&D did, so takes extra time and care. Besides, as he says, there is life beyond writing for him.

>It's generally understood that if you purchase a part of a continuing product, that the continuance will be produced if there is a sufficient profit generated.
Yes and no. Profit is obviously key but there are many other factors. The writer can always kick the bucket or at least run out of ideas. When you're buying a continuing product, you obviously HOPE that it gets continued but there is simply no guarantee nor promise. Besides, specially in his case, I bet a bulk of sales came after the series aired on TV and after it took him 6 years on ADWD, people expecting the other books being released much sooner afterwards are pretty silly ... err optimistic.

He could continue it and technically fulfill that part by making every chapter in Winds of Winter strictly about a different character shitting in different locations after different meals. What would be the benefit for the reader beyond the "it's finished" feeling?

> Otherwise there isn't much benefit to investing one's time and money into something incomplete.
Surely there is a way to avoid that. Like not investing time into something incomplete for example. Or adjusting the expectations.

> there is a reasonable expectation of service
Based on his past record?

>but complaints by his readers are justified
Unless they bought some kind of "ASOIAF pass", no, not really. Books are quite a simple medium. You buy one, you get one.

With continuing material, I can't consider it being forgotten or over. New books have come out. New books are coming. It's not over.