Spongebob BTFO Plato

And this is why women shouldn't be allowed to read

i wouldn't fuqq her either

Or vote.

patricia churchland would never say that

>is basically a layman version of Popper's anti-platonism
>muh grills

Everyone knows Popper had a boipucci

We don't. This is why the average person shouldn't read philosophy.

nor that -- why is this page even called pattycmemes?

Why can't people understand that texts are more important for the discussions they start rather than the actual endorsement of their ideas?

>The Republic is like just a predecessor of Trump's America

Yep, sure sounds like ol' Popper!

>hahaha I'm an insufferable cunt because I'm so intellectual

Eugenics is good though

Save them from being right?

Especially after we sterilize you.

>tfw to smart to have normal social interactions

I wouldn't expect Popper to be talking about "Trump's America" for quite obvious reasons and neither should you. That being said, the idea of Plato as the original totalitarian and enemy of the Open Society is what is repeated here but in a much cruder form.

resize your damn images

Why are normie memes so unfunny? I'll never understand how they find their stuff amusing. They always just make me cringe. My ex would always show me memes on facebook and I had to pretend to find them amusing so she wouldn't find out how jaded I am when it comes to humor.

This, its hard but necessary

>Implying the unprecedented historical abomination that is america could ever, at any point in history, be likened to Plato's ideal state

Loving every laugh.

save them for taking a 2000+ year old philosophy completely out of context by summarizing them in meme form in order to fit it into a preconceived contemporary ideological view while never attempting to understand why Plato is so revered even if he wasn't 100% correct about everything 2500 FUCKING YEARS AGO by undermining his quest for the truth as some kind of sleeper cell planning to dictate modern politics

Why?

people are unfunny

But there were people who were 100% correct about everything contemporary with plato. What excuse does he have?

Why is it the people who publicly talk about philosophy are never the people you actually want to talk about philosophy with? It's like nude beaches

women.... ugh

The Republic is satire

I wish she'd mention some of the ground-breaking women.

Yeah man, eastern philosophy is so much more progressive. Reminder that the middle east is thriving right now.

hillary clinton
michelle obama
serena williams

>Veeky Forums actually fell for the women meme

Caitlyn Jenner

Most of it is bullshit though, as it was fathered before understanding of DNA. It's essentially useless because an individual's strengths and weaknesses (and inherited diseases) are not really indicative of all the genes they carry or what their offspring will be like. You could combine two seemingly genetically perfect specimens and result in inherited issues for their offspring, also it can easily lead to obvious issues of lack of genetic diversity. Almost all renditions of the concept neglect to account for the complexity of DNA and reproduction. Many with diseases and severe health issues have better overall genes than a seemingly top-quality specimen. Circumstance has simply made them that way.

The main problem with eugenics is that the people in charge of choosing what is "good genes" would be the ones who are currently successful in an environment that hasn't been effected by eugenics.

Like right now having genes that make you able to exploit people is good, but would those same genes be useful is everyone was a super human with perfect genes?

Caitlyn is a Bruce. Surgically attaching a narwhal tusk to a clydesdale does not make it a unicorn.

This. The dialogues were meant for Plato's students.

drop bombs on twitter posters so they get blown to smithereens

That's why you start small and progress slowly. Eugenics doesn't have to be all aryans in one line and everyone else in a work camp. We can have a rational conversation about the unnecessary burden of people born with severe mental/physical disabilities.

>there are people here who think the eugenics and the other rules are the ultimate message of The Republic

>Plato
>endorses tyranny
Literally didn't read it. Every pleb knows that Plato mathematically proves that guardians are 729 times more happy then tyrants

Anything that isn't a liberal ultra-individualistic society for those people is tyranny of fascism.

or fascism*

You can't, she's clearly bronze-souled

Can you be a post-fascist?

I thought it was Plato creating a state so he could apply his thoughts on the ideal way of living to something easily understandable for people who think about the way government should be run all day. Isn't that why Timaeus and Critias are right after the Republic?

>Not returning to the metaphor of the letters
>Not understanding that the entire project of discussing justice in the polis is an extended metaphor for describing justice in the individual
>not reaching the ultimate conclusion that justice is putting all things into their proper place, with the human individual governed by reason, driven by well ordered emotion, and nurtured by carefully kept appetites

Additionally
>Comparing plutocracy/'rule by the best' to tyranny, or to the actual case of Trump, which is very very very much the result of Plato's concerns of democracy as being essentially an uncritical and unjudgemental drive of unmoderated appetites

SOCRATES: Delet this, Gloucon
GLOUCON: why should I delete this, fair Socrates?
SOCRATES: DELETE REEEE

(Also name some of those contemporaries)

That seems like a reasonable interpretation, but what relationship do you see between the Timaeus & Critias and the Republic in that sense? I've only read the Timaeus, but it didn't seem to speak, certainly not directly, to 'the ideal way of living'. And Socrates talks very little

what the fuck

Well Timaeus is all about how the universe is ordered, so it's really just cosmology and reinforcing Socrates being correct in the Republic. Critias sets up how Atlantis used to be just and properly ordered, then fell. On paper it's stronger than ancient Athens, which is the Republic in this dialogue, but before it ends you know the Plato is going to have Athens triumph over Atlantis in a 'this is why you should be just, the just always triumph in the end, Thrasymachus."

Well if you were just going to shitpost I figure I'd keep you company

For what?

It always amazes me that in Thrasymachus Plato essentially has Nietzsche pegged millennia before he's even born. No wonder ol' Fred was so sore at him.

China is.

China buckled under capitalism, where have you been?

Someone knows how to use a thesaurus

Rupi Kaur

OP here, I've made so many threads trying to talk about it interesting things but barely ever get replies but when I post shit like this.... People love to get angry lol

jesus christ you fucking newfag

you go on your phone and you fucking samefag the thread, that's how you reach bump limit

also your threads are much less interesting than you think

I've been on here for a few years... idk it just seems like in the past year only bait threads get any replies

You must make incredibly boring threads then.

maybe your ideas are terrible

such bullies in this thread. how can you mock OP for his legitimate and meticulously considered threads about the true meaning of hamlet's skull? some people just don't want to learn.

Plato is garbage and Platonism needs to be scrubbed from the wool.

>injustice
>oppression
Why are these types always so normative?

MUH GREEEEEEKS U CANT CRITICIZE ;C
He's a fucking hack and propagandist.
Truth doesn't exist, a 'quest for truth' may as well be a quest for a dragon.

DNA is nonexisent, turdboi.

>reason is good becuz muh memes
>things have a proper place becuz muh memes
>emotion is bad becuz muh memes
Systematizers are next to blood-stained sheets.

Pegged how, using lame pragmatic arguments?

>pragmatic

There is nothing pragmatic about Socrates' ultimate response to Thrasymachus--and when I say "ultimate," I mean the final response he makes after Glaucon and Adiemantus have properly reformulated Thrasymachus' argument and made it much more difficult to defeat. Socrates makes recourse to the soul and the spirit and metaphysics to beat Thrasymachus in the end. Which, of course, is how you beat Nietzsche: by asserting the reality of the metaphysical and the spiritual.

>Implying this post isn't a meme

You really don't understand Nietzsche.
>Aha! Look! We thought really hard so obviously everything that I claimed to exist, exists! It cannot possibly be any other way! Never consider it otherwise! Plato, my boy, bring me another boy and a amphora of olive oil! It is time to experience True Love!

No, dope, Nietzsche did not claim that there is no metaphysical or 'spiritual' existence. Rather, that nobody gives a damn about either and any claim to 'truth' is more accurately stated as 'my imagination'. And, that anybody claiming to only care about 'the Truth' is really concerned with their imagination.

When did I say you can't criticize? There's a big difference with understanding a work and it's context and constructing a well thought out criticism and surface level reading attacking easily explainable points without any new insights. Nearly every continental philosopher has nit picked Plato, there is nothing wrong with that

''Truth doesn't exist, a 'quest for truth' may as well be a quest for a dragon.''

Is a statement that claims to hold truth.

>thought-out
No, thinking really hard won't make you 'correct'.
Context is irrelevant.
No it doesn't, you illiterate.

this post is an example of terrible criticism, exactly what the poster was complaining about

"Truth" is only for those that see it.

do you read the shit you type before posting? You are arguing against no one, a nonexistent rhetoric you read into every comment that has the displeasure of being replied to

>No, dope, Nietzsche did not claim that there is no metaphysical or 'spiritual' existence.

That seems to be what much of his thought boils down to.

>IF I DONT LIKE WHAT YOUR SAYING THEN ITS BAD
Eat shit
Yes, Platonists are non-entities. Totally irrelevant
Because you haven't actually read him. No, scanning a page is not reading.

''Truth doesn't exist''

>'' This apple doesn't exist'' isn't a statement that claims to say something truthful

You're literally braindead.

No, you literally are. Absolutely stuck in grEEK logic.

once again, nobody is angry at criticising plato, they don't like 'criticisms that just sounds like a 14 year old shitposting. Literally everything you've said is an insult without any actual explanation. Kill yourself

Not an argument.

Oh look, you only care about your imagination.
Fucker, you're closer to 14 than I have been in a decade.
>explanation
Arguments are irrelevant grEEK memes

No breaks for this woman!

>Maybe this problem will go away if I pretend it doesn't exist

now even your obvious shitposts aren't good, you sound like a poser straight from /r/Veeky Forums

>anybody i dont like is just le troll meme! reddit xdDDD!

just stop please, now you're even contradicting yourself

pattycmemes... easy on the Popper.

>contradiction is bad because muh ancient logic sez so

HAHA LE MEMES

She rants about Plato, but she doesn't know Tommaso "Mothafucka from Calabria" Campanella or Giovanni "Bee yourself" Bonifacio.
Disgusting