>it was so good i couldn't put it down

This is just a meme right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=THKngDe-5J8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She's airin out the ol' stinkhole

A meme?
No.
that's how it is when you read books you actually like rather than for their "literary merit"

I've read a full length novel in one sitting several times so no. My reading speed is fast, mind you my comprehension is shit, but nonetheless I tend to burn through books at a good pace.

Blasting through YA fiction in one sitting in high school was always a problem in classes because for the next fucking two weeks we would be going through the book 2-3 chapters a day reading out that days chapters, then we would actually have to do an assignment on it. The school system successfully crushed any love of reading I had for many years despite being the type of person so excited to read he read entire books even though he knew he would have to read them again.

So no, people do this with books, and think of how short the book the average reader reads actually is, can totally read through many books in one sitting even with average reading speed.

With meme books often reading every page on day 1 is important to prevent Veeky Forums from organising to spoil the book or some fuckboi '''''friend''''' spoiling it for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=THKngDe-5J8

Say what you like, but with all three of the Stieg Larssen books, once I got to the halfway point it was like 'put on a pot of coffee, because we're doing this.'

I think it has more to do with constructing a preoccupying tension than 'literary merit,' assuming someone doesn't see that as a rare and praiseworthy literary merit in itself.

This is retarded and so are you. I stayed up hours later than I should have an even used a PTO day to finish Gravity's Rainbow. It blows my mind that some truly don't understand that there are people out there who truly love and enjoy dense literature. How can you take yourself seriously while you pretend to be somehow superior for willingly reading, and enjoying, pulp. You do realize this says more about you than it does about anyone else, right?

but what if someone enjoys a book they are reading for literary merit (which is dumb) you dolt??

i feel like you have bad taste and are trying to justify it with the le 'literary merit' meme

wew laddie

No. You really haven't experienced this before? I finished every volume of In Search of Lost Time in just ten days. Do you even enjoy reading?

This.
It took me the same amount of time to read The Idiot (I fell for the russians meme) as it took to read 5 ASOIAF books.

Karen didn't know that she could just turn the BOOK the other way around.

If you chopped off their arms they obviously couldn't even pick up the book no matter how good it may be.

As a kid i used to read books that I just couldn't put down. These days I find it harder though, probably because I read denser literature

Quality isn't why people say they "couldn't put down" a book. It's more so about pacing, ease of comprehension, suspense, and page layout. If the reader specifically feels good just by reading and getting to the next page/chapter, then you have yourself a "can't put down" book.

Actual quality has almost nothing to do with it.

That's not incompatible with what the other user said.

No it's true

What actual fuck man how long did it take you?

What don't you get about that statement? If you aren't interested in a book then you force yourself to read it, read in short bursts, or drop it altogether. If it's a book you're really into then time flies and you keep reading. You've never read a book that you can only last 50 pages in, as opposed to a book you can read from start to finish (200+) in one sitting?

this. user nailed it in one

IDK, I haven't read any book that was that good. I don't think I'll read in the future either. But I remember when I was watching Lost, I fought with my mother to not go to school and watch the new episode, I thought the world would change after the next episode was aired. I spent whole days just researching about the show on the internet. And when the new episode aired I just jumped through it first to see what is happening and then watched it ordinarly. And I checked how much time is left of the episode every few minutes and I was begging god to be more than I thought.

I suppose the same could possibly happen with a book, since both are art in some way.

>he has never read an unputdownable book

I enjoy dense literature, and that's exactly the point. Enjoying it. You shouldn't just read books for how appraised or critically acclaimed or "deep" they are, you should stick to what you like.
And if that ends up being pulp, that's fine too.

nah you just old bruh

Could God write a unputdownable-book so good that he himself couldn't put it down?

A meme then

define meme

What up w Joyce then
A portrait of the artist took me over a year to read, but that was with huge gaps and reread chapters. Some sections I read feverishly and lost sleep over. But then id have to convince myself to pick the damned thing up again.

rofl

First the "reading on the train" butthurt and now this. Makes me wonder if you faggots ever land your hands in a fucking book. Also this guy is retarded btw, one thing doesn't exclude the other.

This. How can one read Gravitys Rainbow and at the same time not even comprehend a single short answer on an image board?
I wonder if this is one of those persons who looks superficially at words and text structures and then randomly connects them. They say they have read something while actually they made something up through some sort of self-referred association. It's an amazing process in some way.

IN? or ON? idiot

Count of Monte Cristo desu.

That was the shortest 1000+ page book I've ever read

interestingly enough that's the only book i have experienced this with. But it was only the last 300 pages or so.

>dumb american

English is my 3rd language bruh, don't be mad

i bet it isn't you clod

mmmhhhhmmm I bet her pusy juicy mmhm