How does the whole live updates thing with pizza delivery work? Do they have some keychain for every order...

How does the whole live updates thing with pizza delivery work? Do they have some keychain for every order, they press a diff button at each stage of it? I don't know why but its comfy af whenever I check I know exactly what stage it is at.

Patented ThePapa® blockchain technology makes it all possible.

they slap a button

It's probably a simple extension of what I can assume is an electronic order management system.

Think those screens with all the words behind the counter when you order your mctendies

Random generated desu senpai

It's a trick, it doesn't really track anything besides when they receive the order and when the driver leaves with it.

I work at Dominos and it's a giant switchboard that we use. There's a dedicated employee that only does that one job. He's a real twat about it too

most likely just uses fixed timer values based on how many orders are in the queue

>estimated time for prepping a pizza and cooking it
>estimated time for delivery
>run a computer script to generate that to an app

whoa

can you confirm this in some way? Not that I don't believe you, but my friend is convinced that it is random, and I don't think he'd be convinced by 'a guy on Veeky Forums said it'.

This. Are you guys dumb or something?

I used to work at Domino's. Believe me, they do that. I wanted to be the guy that operates the board but apparently you have to manage the fucking place for five years before they let you touch it.

maybe you shouldn't be convinced either

By dedicated guy he probably just means the cashier or on-duty manager controls it and just pops *order got recieved*, *order put in oven*, *boxing*, *order out*.

>not believing everything you read on Veeky Forums
imbecile

im assumed as much.

Literally five fucking years. Then, if you mess up ONE TIME, they demote you back down to sauce boss. It's extremely unfair and a ton of pressure to put on one man. That delivery boy should have noticed that the pizza was raw.

It guesses a predetermined amount of time for each stage, then gets stuck at the last stage until it's actually done.

The Papa's tracking technology is sorely lacking. There have been times when it has gone
>making->baking->making->boxing->baking->making->baking->delivered
In contrast, Dominos has the successful tracking mechanism. It has never misled me in my anxious wait for a greasy disaster.

i work at papi johns as a driver, when the order comes in it prints the labels we put on the boxes and it goes on the makeline monitor, after the pizza is made its bumped off the screen with a controller on the makeline, it goes through the oven and it has a timer for like 7ish minutes then it goes to a ready status at wich point when the driver checks out the order it says its on its way, so order received>put in oven>out of the oven> on the road

vfrcdexs

>order pizza at 6:15
>tracker says it's out for delivery by 6:40
>pizza doesn't get to my door until 7:10
>I literally live within walking distance of the pizza place
why the fuck does this happen?

first come first serve, if i take a double and your order number is 79 and i also checked out for 78 ill take 78 first its how we were told to do it

fuck off blake

yeah, fuck off, blake

>order pizza
>I literally live within walking distance of the pizza place

Why?

$3+Tip for 5mins walk or a short car ride
>he has a point

I'm assuming can't stand up straight drunk

Do people still eat from this shit?

In my experience the timing has always been extremely accurate with all the common places as well. It's surprising to me that these shitty places are so consistent without ever fucking up.

How much does this high-stress high-importance job pay?

Over $11/hour, or $3/hr over minimum, whichever is less

Never say makeline to me or my son every again
I still have flashbacks of pushing out 1000 dollar 30 minutes with only 1 guy slapping dough and 2 topping pizzas

wait, that's not the delivery guys fault, sure he's supposed to check it before he leaves, but what asshole puts a pizza in a box before you cook it?