That first sip after the commute home

>that first sip after the commute home

yum

If you regularly consume this let's be honest, you didn't wait for the commute to be done before you sipped.

Road beers

I have been drinking port wine everyday for 6 days now.

Are drive thru liquor stores common around the world?
They're everywhere in Australia.

Man I gotta set an Australian trip up

I wouldn't, booze is expensive and they drive on the wrong side of the road.

How expensive we talking? I've always wanted to see the bigger cities on the coasts, they seem fun. I could get a working visa or something.

>let me just pay an assload of money to travel halfway across the world to overpay for overpriced liquor
>for the convenience of having to get out of my car
I'll just stay where I am and walk to the store for my cheap beer

We can't get this in my state, so I drink PBR (normally) and Steel Reserve (when I wanna get fucking really torn up, plum out of the frame ya dig?)

Nigger it just spurred me to want to go to Australia on top of everything else, I probably wouldn't even rent a car if I went, it just spoke to the culture which I've already heard is very fun.

When I used to drink, I would drink Steel Reserve if I wanted to get drunk, and 4Loko if I wanted to get trashed.

I'm kind of glad I stopped drinking, but I'll admit I miss getting trashed, but sobriety has it's bonuses. I've never been so clear-headed in years. I feel like I can get my shit together now and move on with my life.

>That guy that drinks in a paper bag on the subway ride home
Don't be that guy

It's probably more expensive than the USA but the conversion rate would offset that a bit.

For comparison, a 24 pack of average beer is about $45

A Big Mac is about $5

If you do come here and work minimum wage is around $22 an hour, so everything is pretty affordable if you have income.

How long does it take to get that clarity? I don't drink for weeks on end and feel no different than I do the day after drinking (after my hangover clears obviously) and then I just start drinking again.

Meanwhile drinking on light rail commuter trains is truly patrician

Oh very nice, the working holiday visa sounds pretty appealing. I don't really have interest in setting up a career right now, I think I'm gonna apply to a few internships.

I always forget that that's legal when I'm in cities where you can't just jump the turnstile and sleep in the subway indefinitely. I wonder if they'd let me break open a bottle of wine on the MARC.

Lots of working tourists come here and pick fruit and travel around. You can easily make over a grand a week picking fruit.

It depends. I don't think your mind would get as fuzzy as mine did. I drank like you did, but a couple of months ago, I just started drinking everyday. It would just be a six pack, but then I became broke as my seasonal job ended, so I just got trashed on cheap shit. I was smoking weed too, and I haven't been sober for longer than 3 or 4 days for like 2 years.

I'm off of everything for the past month, and this week I feel back to "normal" mentally. I don't struggle to find words, I have a lot better concentration.

Interesting, you have any idea what the living situation is like while doing that? If I can't find a decent internship I think I will do something like that.

Fuck me, $22/hr is minimum. Here in the States, I thought I was doing OK making that amount. That shit is seasonal though and I'll probably work at this grocery store until I find a more permanent job, and I'll be lucky to make $10/hr. If I find an admin job, I might get $14-15, but I'm hoping to work for a big enough company which will give me opportunities to develop some skills, and maybe work as a Project Manager once I get done with school, and make a lot better money.

>24 pack of beer is $45

Holy shit, I live in a state that's absolutely fucked on alcohol taxes, and a 24 pack of beer is like $16. Even top shelf beer would be about $35 a case.

It's an Australian drops minimum wage rate without mention how expensive literally everything else is in the country episode

But minimum wage is $22/hr. If minimum wage is $8/hr where you are, you realize that's pretty much the same thing right?

You'd probably be staying in a backpackers out near the farms, a bus would pick you up in the morning and you'd go pick fruit all day. Just do it for a week or two and move on.

You get paid a lot less but your cost of living is a lot lower so it evens out.

I have no qualifications and I get just over $30 an hour working a shitty factory job. Own my own house on the east coast of Australia so can't complain.

I've got to be honest I'm a city boy pussy who hates manual labor and shared living quarters so I think I'm gonna roll the dice on the indoor work first. I'll see what comes up, thanks for the advice user

Even though our cost of living and taxes are less, it doesn't really even out. I'd be making half of that money with the same job in the US. Shit, I've worked a day labor gig working a factory job making 1/3 of what you make.

Plus housing is crazy expensive here where I live. Colorado, you're going to be spending $250-300k on a house. Rent is so fucking ridiculous here that you're better off buying a house than paying rent. It's way cheaper to pay a mortgage and rent out a couple of rooms, which I plan on doing once I'm done with school.

That Project Management gig pays pretty good though, about $70k a year. It's making me think of going into that instead of paying for more schooling to get a Masters so I can get a lower paying gig as a Psychologist.

There's lots of work here man, we're always advertising jobs at work and nobody is applying and the few that do apply are drop kicks that nobody would hire.

There is one American at my work, he's from somewhere near salt lake city, his parents were hardcore Christians so he cut all contact with them and moved here and married an Aussie girl. It's funny because he tells everyone at work he's Canadian.

That's good to here, what industry do you work in user, if you don't mind me prying, I just finished an advertising program and have an english degree, with a bit of experience in the publishing industry.

I operate CNC machines at a shop fitting / cabinet making place.

Noice. Thanks again for your advice dude, I do need to save up a little money here before I make the qualifications for the visa

I hope all of you profligates die

And I hope you get raped by niggers you teetotaler faggot

American here, I only know of one in my city. Not sure if it's even still open, it's been years since I've been in that area.

I second this, only I'd prefer it be a rampaging band of young, virile feral nignogs who all take turns on him.

>your first sip on a bench in a london park at 5 am in the morning