Al/ck thread

al/ck thread

no topic edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mWLig0s_9k
theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/15/minimum-alcohol-price-raise-cost-90-scotland-study-ifs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you go to the ER for detox will they automatically send you to some overnight facility? is there a better than 50% chance of that happening?

i would fucking go if they would give me an Rx for diazepam and send me on my way, but i don't want to get sectioned

they wont automatically do anything. the doctors ask you how you wish to proceed.

ive had a couple doctors that asked me to keep drinking until a detox spot opened up, and a few others that just prescribed librium for me to take home.

im so fucking tired of everything and this is supposed to be the best period of my life

Protip: there is no best period. Whatever helps you fall asleep at night. Whether that is creating sentient beings who will soon face the hell of life, or knitting, or raising cats, whatever.

wait rewind, they ask you how to proceed BUT then they tell you to keep drinking until a detox opened up? i assume you agreed to this? or can you be like fuck that man give me the librium

Yes, the doctor sat down and chatted with me. the detox had a waiting time. He offered me a benzo script to detox or i could keep drinking. in order to not abuse the system i opted to keep drinking beer.

interesting

You guys are pathetic and this should really be a /soc/ thread.

i hope you get buried alive in a mass grave you fucking nigger loving jew

You are naive and have no idea what suffering alcoholics go through.

Problem is they also have benzo addicts and can't just give them free drugs.

They can only force you if you're dangerous to yourself or others. Otherwise you have a choice.
(Details of application depends on state/country/if you're at risk of deadly DT/your insurance)

Thanks, we know. However, this is Veeky Forums tradition because half the staff in kitchens is either drunk or on coke.
So you set up a filter if you don't like these threads. It's in [Settings] top right.

Did not know there was a new thread but any help with alkies with onetis that you seen or anything that helps? Some one mentioned this in the last thread that my drinking problem I have created can be solved by dealing with the grief sober and not just slamming vodka and that will fix the unbalance i have in my head with feeling happy, so again with the question above, anything that helps? I am more sad about my family loss than the failed relationship a year prior.

dude, learn to use paragraph breaks, first of all.

secondly, drinking over a girl (or guy) is lame.

nut up and get over it.

therapist or CBT

try "feeling good" by david burns md to get a start

can't say it worked much for me, im drunk as shit after 3 hardcore medical detoxes that cost thousands of dollars

PS paragraph breaks got scared away by ppl saying MUH REDDIT SPACING

I said I am more concerned about the death in my family more so than the past relationship maybe you need to learn to read before creating paragraphs.

Good news is, instead of 2 pints of vodka I have only drank 1 today. Maybe tommorow I will just have a 1/2 pint of vodka, and then next day a shot or 2, and be sober for a week before Christmas and see where it goes from there. I guess the advice from last night really helped caught down my excessiveness.

Ok man. Listen, if you need to quit, you can taper off using 5% beers. We all do it from time to time.

I mean after my 1st pint of the day, I really need to drink another one for the night and to pass out, and after dinner I just feel naturally sleepy, maybe that is the burnout part, but heck it beats thinking I need another pint, hopefully the burnout part levels out and I go back to feeling normal, I almost already do since I can actually think today and not be drunky mushy brains. Oh and I have been drinking alot of powerade instead of the usual liquor for this time of the day, I never realized how unhydrated I feel when I am mostly sober.

why 5%?

i actually use 4.2% miller lite

So I probably should not tapper off Vodka if the urge to drink arises if my favorite beer is Hurricane lol

oh god just thinking about that makes me want to hurl

because its common, cheap, and doesnt have much alcohol.

go big or go home, well to me if I drink why drink a weak beer so maybe that is why I am accustomed to it

i will probably just have coors light instead, smooth taste if i am not trying to get fucked up and just drink casually around others but i really think after the 1/2 pint of vodka day I can just stop completely without needing to taper, after tomorrow I will know for sure.

oh ok thx

good luck brother, you should be fine

reddit spacing

did that fill the hole in you that will never be filled until the day you die?

fill it with your brat if you want

I will still be smoking weed though especially on my 1st day sober after the 1/2 pint day, but I might even quit that soon after maybe a day or 2 after, don't want to be a complete idiot during my Christmas day with the family and relatives .

>paragraph breaks
>for a post with 5 sentences that all deal with one point (aka a single paragraph)
Die.

consider buying valerian root supplements from walgreens or CVS. i sometimes take up to 7000 mg when withdrawing, it lowers my heart rate and reduces sweating, i have done this many, many times with no negative side effects

apparently valerian works on GABA like alcohol and benzos do

eat shit you fucking parasite.

Shitting my guts out in the toilet at work and a female cleaner keeps popping her head into the bathroom every five minutes to say ‘HELLO CLEANERS?’ and see if it’s empty so she can clean. I’ve been in here twenty minutes.

Hang in there bro. This is an user from last night. You have a good plan. Stick to it. If you fuck up it’s not that big a deal but keep it as a goal and continue to work towards it. Beer really does help.

I hope you know how cringy you look using these reaction images. They don’t lend authority to your posts they just make you look twelve and brainwashed.

thanks friend you make me feel nice

Kek. Tell her to come on in you have a “mess” you are about to make and need someone to “clean it up”.. get it user? No, really do you get it!?

stupid fat ass retard that needs to stop being a pathetic loser and kill himself already forgot how to use the subject field. what a dumb ass drunk pathetic loser, kill yourself and stay out of my life already faggot

shhh the booze is making you negative

deep breaths

we are all buds here, you too

Thanks dude I will keep that beer thing in mind. I just didn't realize quitting would be this easy or the urge to drink would overcome me, I think I made drinking more of my daily routine and not a needed habit like most drinkers. But it is best to quit while I can before it gets to those levels of necessity instead of a simple habit. My pint of vodka is still 1/4 full from the day as I look at it, and I would usually be on my 2nd by now with extra shots lying around, so this is a start. Will probably post tommorow on my 1/2 pint day to update on my status, but by the looks of it I might not even drink the whole 1/2 pint in a day at this rate, feels god man, might even go to the cemetery to visit my grandpe, today there was way too many funerals for some odd reason. Didn't want to bother anybody near by.

maybe he was too drunk to post in the subject field? cut him some slack

man ive puked at work and shitted drunk ass turds but never had the cleaning lady bother me
kinda sucks

>stupid fat ass retard that needs to stop being a pathetic loser and kill himself already
now that's some projection

kek

Good plan. And good on you for having respect for others in their time of grief. Remember, even if the feeling don’t come, take it in stride and try again later. There is no “normal” timeline for grief. It comes when you are ready. If you meditate and try and appreciate the big picture it will find it’s way to you

It’s drinking user, what now?

you could make a voodoo doll out of yourself and poor vodka on it

haha

for a lot of us, drinkin is *the* reason to exist.

F̫̹͙̫̦̿̑̄͗̂̑̃̊͝͝u̷̹͈̣̘̣̘̫͎̍̈́̍͛̽͊̃̉̏ç̸͖̘͕̝͓̑̓͂̒̃͜͠͝k̴͇͎̰̯̜̯̼̜̪̏̾̄̑͝ y̸̨͚̪̳̓͋̿̒̓̂̈́̒͜͡ͅê̸̞͚̞̦͌̑̓̓̀͘͞͝ḁ̵̧̛͇̙͚̽͋͐͒͑̂h̸̢̬̺̦͍̥͉͂͂̿͛̀̉ g̸̰͔͔͎̬̉̌̿͑͌̏̄͌õ̷̢̭̖̪͍̹̗̗̀͐̑̃̑͐̀͜t̢̝̱̙͚̒̏̄̓̐͆̕͞͞ i̶̟̘̯̺̬̮̯̍̑̓̇̀͟t̴͔̹̙̜͓̩͍̯̗̍̀̾͋̈́́̽̿͘͜!̝̟̫̳̗͙͗̍͋̂̐͜͝ N̨̛͍̞̘̝͛͋͗͟o̶͓͍̼̭͋̀̏͐̋͘͟͡w̸̡̧̪͈̩͓͐̋́̐̒̉̃̀̀ i̷̞̭̱̞͕͌̃͊̉̆ͅ c̵̣̺̗̻̉́̍̂́̏̚͘͟͠a̮̱̳͔͒́̀̏̚͜͞͝ͅn̸̢̢͈̯͔͚͓͈̏̑͛̋̔̀̿͟ z͓̝̹͚͖͍̎̋̉͆̑̕͞ḁ̴̙̼͇̭͙̝͓̹̂̄̓̓̎̓͑̀̚͜l͙̠̦͈̰͈̬̰͓̓̎̈́̐̕͠ͅĝ̷̢̟̥̪̇̊̆͟͞ͅō̷͚͔̮̻̝̠̿͗́̚͜ t̸̼̘̭̩̳̼͆͑̃̿͢͞e̸̟͕̞̪̠̥͉͗̀̽̌͆̇͟͜͞ͅx̷̳̻̣͖̾́̍͐͋̚͝ͅt̸̺̗̼̞͎͓̔̊́̑̾̄̕̕͟ l̸̤͍͓̥͓̀͐̓͂̓͑̽̚̚ͅḭ̢̭̮̗̮̠͖͖̞̋͊͗͛̋k̸̨̙͚̜̩̥̮̰͓̤̒̓̆̂͑͊̀̚͞e̡̜̰̖͌̃̈́͋̈͜ ȃ̶̢̹̰̣͇̺̘͔̿͑̃̉͋̕͟ b̧̡̛̙̱̤̘̜̭̽͋͆̏̌͌̉͊͋ȯ̞̺̠̝͎̥͔̫̥̐͆͌͝ͅs̛̛̠̺̬̹̤͆̈́̐̉̕s̴̬̭̠̞̋̈́́͗͘͢͠!͓̱͈͍̓̌̄͊͘͝

I didn't drink today, lads. Feels weird.

good on yer

>but will you be able to sleep?

im really fucking drunk and woke up from a 2hour nap and why doesnt anybody truly love me fuck

we all love u, you are a nice person deep down. we all know it

Do you feel that someone truly loving you will fix whatever issues you may have that contribute to alcoholism?

not drinking days feel just as high/altered state as drinking really heavily. it's weird.

how quickly did drinking become a necessity for you?

Alc threads are very /ck appropriate as most alcoholic beverages are imbided and processed as food or drink. Bitters especially which are usually drank after meals to strengthen digestion. Plus using wine beer or liquer as a cooking ingredient.

took years. at first it was hangovers, then it was drinking to cure hangovers, then it was full-blown addiction.

Does anyone else find a beer drunk more enjoyable than getting drunk on liquor or wine?

Don't waste the ER's time unless you have alcohol poisoning or are having seizures. There's people in there being saved from bleeding to death behind the doors and assholes have the cheek to walk in and take up their time with bullshit like this instead of seeing a GP

lots-of-beer-drunk plus high is my favorite feeling i think

Anybody ever have any luck stopping?

I've been drinking pretty steady since I got back from Afghanistan. I figure it's either gonna kill me or I'm gonna wake up one day and be over it.

Kinda wish I could go back sometimes. Things made a lot more sense.

theres a drug called naltrexone. turns off the urge to drink. ask a doctor for a script. and thank you for your service.

Really? Thank you.

I'll look into it. Guess it probably beats listening to Johnny Cash records and sipping bourbon all day.

Thanks man, really.

>can feel my alcohol tolerance increasing massively
>cant bring myself to stop
Guess I'll be walking this path soon.

Just started drinking gin. Had it on a flight with tonic since I read online it masks bad breath and I hadn't brushed my teeth. Gin is new to me. What do you lads like to mix with? So far I've been doing tonic (obviously) and Italian soda.

What are you doing with yourself now? It's hard to adjust back to a world that seems to be about nothing more than making money. But there are other professions out there in civilian world that are purposeful. You might need to work hard for one but I'm sure you're not a stranger to that

youtube.com/watch?v=9mWLig0s_9k

god i wish i could go back to when i first found this album

Well, I'm an idealistic idiot so I decided to go to school and get a degree in international relations.

I want to understand what we were doing over there. But the more answers I get the more I realize there are no answers.

I've got good prospects if I can hold my life together long enough to get the degree. All I want to do is hide away inside and get drunk and hold my rifle.

I know, I'm a stereotype. Maybe I watched too many movies or something. Nobody else seems to feel the way I do.

Hey brothers, it'll be okay. I was deep into the drink. Almost self-admitted a week ago. My body was rejecting everything for 2 days. Didn't eat or keep any liquid (literally typed liquor and had to re-read and correct to liquid... christ) down for that time period.

Either way. Went to the bar tonight, and had my usual 6 drinks over a few hours and watched football. 2 days no eating, felt it a bit more than usual. Came back and poured a glass of bourbon with an ice cube. Had 2 or 3 of those with a piece of toast.

Stopped though. It was 10pm MST and I wasn't really feeling it. Not sure what happened. I'll most likely be awake all night since I'm not drinking, but I think it's a step. I usually drink until I pass out.

I love you all, and the green grass is indeed greener.

Hey man, hang in there.

It's pretty hard to slow down, just want to say from one guy who gets it to another than I'm proud of you for being able to say "stop". Good for you.

Stay alive man. It's the only victory we're going to get.

Cheers dude. I'm legit just monitoring this thread hah. I wasn't going to go home for Christmas and I'm way across the country, so that was going to be a big blow to me. I'm going home in 4 days now which is just amazing. Unfortunately, my dog that I grew up with is being put down in 2 days which is going to be... tough. I can handle bad shit when I'm drunk, but I get into the existential bullshit and absolute terror and sometimes complete identity crisis issues when I'm hungover, so it'll be a big test for me to see if I can keep my sobriety the next 48 hours.

Either way, we all have our problems and everyone has their lives to live. I am, however, wildly energetic and almost manic right now since I'm not sucking down the booze and doing the usual.

I have half a bottle of bourbon in my freezer, but it won't meet me again tonight. It'll be music and Trailer Park Boys until I can find some semblance of sleep.

Gonna try and grab a greasy ass biscuit and coffee and go hiking tomorrow morning. Fresh air and nature always helps me out, but it's been cold as fuck out here in the mornings lately. Time spent in nature is the ultimate hangover cure imo.

good album

Do you study history? These kinds of events are never isolated and simple, they happen because of what has already been set in motion.

All I want to do is work until I can buy a yacht and run away into the sea for a few years, pit myself against it and explore the world in my little moving castle, because I could never choose what to commit to in the real world

I'm a double major actually, history and international relations. I think you're right, we have to understand what came before so that we can make a decision about what comes next, especially in a place like the Middle East that has such a long memory.

It's just real hard separating out my personal history from the work I'm trying to do now. I fucked up pretty bad this week. We were all giving final presentations for the semester and this young woman came out in support of Osama bin Laden. I kinda lost my mind a little in front of everyone.

It's so strange. It was years ago, but it's all still so close to the surface. I can see it, and taste it, and smell it, and hear it. If I had known this is what the world would be like when I came back to the world, I would have never enlisted.

Hey, that sounds like a pretty good idea. It's down around zero where I live now, but the woods are still beautiful, even with all the snow.

I typed out a post about this global jihad idea but deleted it. What you need my man is to go out camping and give yourself a little break from history and international relations and liquor shops and artificial lighting. Do you hunt?

Yup. My Jeep is a bit fucked right now, so I'm a little wary to take it out into the backwoods, but even a solid hiking trail off a gravel road would be solid. Even if the roads get bad headed up into the mountains, I can always go to this beautiful lake and sit at a picnic bench and have coffee and read a book. I used to have no issue doing this every morning before work, but I have just lost a lot of energy and will to get out and do stuff. Gotta love these ruts. I will indeed be out there in 8 hours or so reading some Robert Service with some cheap coffee and freezing my dick off. Sounds fantastic actually.

Another outdoor enthusiast. Legitimately is the way to go if you're having issues. Tends to help 99% of the problems most people tend to run into.

I don't hunt anymore, kinda reminds me of things.

But I still like getting out there.

I've been hitting the ales pretty regularly recently. It helps me write and gets me to cook. I've been eating a lot of fucking chicken recently and I have some pork in the fridge. How should I cook it up for dinner tomorrow? I was thinking about throwing it in a crock pot but I'm not sure what to use for sauce.

Not the guy who you've been speaking with, but this guy .

You should try birdwatching or plant identification, photography, etc. I have a buddy who rolled out for 4 tours and was in action for the majority of the time out there. He got so into photography and has some fantastic shit he's done. The big thing was to get back out into nature and have some time to think and clear his head. Especially back in his home area, not the middle east. He described it as "a sigh of relief" just to be back outdoors with a pack on, but not have to worry about anything other than stubbing a toe or stepping in rabbit shit.

Either way, your service is appreciated (I know not everyone likes to hear that, but it's true). I hope you find what you're looking for bud. I've done some volunteer work at a privately owned spinal cord injury/PTSD/CTE hospital and the shit is real. Helping manipulate someone's legs to help stimulate blood and possibly help regain motion while they talk to you about their experiences is so humbling, it's insane.

Again, Thank you for your service. Whether you feel appreciate or not or even think you deserve it, there are millions out there who could not be more thankful.

Depends on what else you have and what cut you have. Google recipes, but if you can swing some solid BBQ pulled pork and buy some buns... You'll be a happy camper.

>drink unil i cn't asaee syreaigt
>wake p
>cry about how worthless \i am
>start drinking afain
How do I stop this?

vodka kind of night

Blah blah exercise blah blah discipline blah blah man up

you heard it all before, and there is no answer. you'll either figure it out on your own or die trying, that's the reality. don't look for answers online, just live mate.

theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/15/minimum-alcohol-price-raise-cost-90-scotland-study-ifs

>90% increase in price

90 FUCKING PERCENT !!!!

That's it lads. I'm going to be a druggy. It's cheaper now

>people actually mix drinks

as soon as i've been able to buy alcohol i've drank the vodka straight out of the bottle

Awesome, looks like I just found a new job. Drive across the border from England, and double my money selling booze from my car

Why would we pay if that's the same as the shops?

if ur trying to get over someone, drinking makes it a lot lot worse. cos the whole feeling of drinking and withdrawal becomes about them. so long as u are going through that cycle ur thinking about them in some way. if u try to remain sober, it's way more difficult at the start, but eventually u will be able to move past it. at least in my experience

I've run out of Naltrexone pills and can't afford any more ($50 USD equiv. here), but I do have enough for cheap wine. Down the rabbit hole I go.

I eat chicken every day. What I like to do is cut up the chicken breast into small pieces, pan fry it, add frozen vegetables, cook it some more, then add a cheap sauce from the supermarket (carbonara / butter chicken / etc.). Super duper easy and tastes bretty good. I have had this as dinner for the past five years as I don't mind eating the same thing every day to absorb the alcohols.

A crock pot chicken stew sounds amazing in winter, I should get one.

got paid tonight boys. gonna buy the finest bottom shelf vodka tomorrow. should i go with crown rus or gilbeys?

I woke up just as the stores were closing. Kill me.

Open here but there’s no way to get to them. Just spent ten mins stood by my door trying to feel well enough to go, made it like 10 feet and threw up. Can barely stand up straight. Anxiety is fucking killing me.

>color image for half a second before switching to black and white image
For what purpose

>Error: You seem to have mistyped the CAPTCHA. Please try again.
>x2
Fuck you piece of shit there's nothing to type I clicked on images until I get my check mark.

Help