Post those story ideas, they aren't going anywhere and you know it

>man experiences a tumultuous break-up and starts to suffer symptoms akin to derealisation, leading to introspective and almost otherworldly wanderings around new york as he tries to make sense of the events with a heavy focus on the cityscape itself and the aesthetic of it

>soft re-telling of the legend of sir gareth set in autumnal new england with a heavier focus on romance and the beauty of the landscape as a whole

>Shut-in woman raises birds for a living
>decides she's going to go out and find somebody to be with
>innocently dates around, behaves somewhat like the archetypal manic pixie dream girl
>her birds begin to wither, grow sick, and die
>she hangs herself when the last bird dies

I want to write a story about a failed Nietzschean. Someone who, after going through rough times and turning to philosophies like Stoicism, finds new inspiration and vigorously goes after the whole life-affirming deal, only to be met with a Zarathistra-at-the-marketsquare experience and burn out, launching into a new crisis.
I don't want to actually name Nietzsche or the Stoa or anyone though, it needs to be something timeless and fundamentally human that is easy to connect to.

>two rednecks feud for the love of a pig
>teenagers addicted to meth awaken a demon
>politics at a scat fetish magazine
>infertile abortion protestor creates a monster from the parts in the clinic dumpster

> be on earth, heavily polluted and deadly with constant rain
> humans noped the fuck out for living hedonistic lives somewhere in space
> they left behind all their mechanic and biologic experiences
> some are engineered animals with human intelligence
> these animals, anthropomorphic or not, built feudal, neomodern civilizations with time
> war and misery at every corner
> Inhabitants see humans as legends or gods
> one group of human worshippers find a stasis chamber with a human girl inside

t. Furry writer
t. Trying to be Clifford D. Simak 2.0

Are you trying to write a democrats' Horror Show about their stereotypes about republicans?

No but that's not a bad idea for marketing

Well godspeed. I advise you to find yourself an agent in and around portland, Oregon.

Is a furry writer telling me I'm too liberal ?

>>innocently dates around

fucken DROPPED!!!!

t. william s burroughs

>furry wall-e

#notallfurries

Also what about my greentext desu, user?

>man experiences a tumultuous break-up and starts to suffer symptoms akin to derealisation, leading to introspective and almost otherworldly wanderings around new york as he tries to make sense of the events with a heavy focus on the cityscape itself and the aesthetic of it

>tfw i am basically writing this rn
originality is impossible

I claimed this IP first

I actually think it sounds tantalizing and I say that as someone with no prior interest in furries

I'm currently travelling the world as a vagabond, staying on farms and at inns where I do meagre labor in exchange for room and board. I've met a lot of interesting people and had a lot of crazy experiences so far.

I've been considering writing snippets down as I travel along, and collect it in a memoir sort of thing. Royalties would be a good way to travel further. However, I'm not sure how to structure my travels into a story that people would actually enjoy reading.

better get to writing then, mine's half done.

Especially *neomodern* I hope you flesh that out

Protip: people actually don't enjoy reading travel memoirs unless a) they are a pseudo-spiritual hippie looking for their next vacation spot; b) the person who wrote the memoir was previously famous

where do you live/travel? this sounds like the fantasy literary lifestyle

heh...sorry pal, but you're gonna have to cough up those copyright royalties

you should just write a diary. become a diarist.

How about crazy shit just happening in general? I've been on the road for 6 months in Japan so far, and I've made with old Yakuza types in farm villages, spied on girls at hot springs, been chased out of a city at 4 in the morning with a girl on my arms, gotten shitfaced with 70yo sushi chefs, hauled two tons of chicken crap, hitchhiked, held bonfire parties with college girls, etc.

Right now Japan. Heading to Australia after, then NZ, Canada, Argentine, Chile, then I don't know. That's like 6 years of travel.

that's not how art works, my friend

>Heading to Australia after

If you come to sydney (don't) then come hang out

Thread is about stories we will never do. Furnon is a furfag.

modern day sword of damocles with a couple of twists

I am jealous of your lifestyle. I have none of the confidence, endurance, or practical skills to live such a life.

I think writing snippets as you travel would be good. They could be formulated eventually into some kind of novel or longform pieces of poetry, they needn't be marketed solely as travel writing. I think you will find you are grateful for recording a diary too, especially if you are going on adventures like you are.

>>man experiences a tumultuous break-up and starts to suffer symptoms akin to derealisation, leading to introspective and almost otherworldly wanderings around new york as he tries to make sense of the events with a heavy focus on the cityscape itself and the aesthetic of it

Literally my diary desu

Not a lot of info

write the one with the pig it sounds funny

Other ones do too, and seem kinda related like they could all be part of a book of intertwined vignettes based in one town or something

Six cold ones neatly wrapped in plastic and cardboard slams into the shabby tile table with enough force to knock a splint off a corner.
"Here, it is a present. Go talk to them."
He takes another puff off his cigarette before extinguishing it in a soot-laden ashtray. 3 shouchu-and-waters down has made him rather flushed and insistent that I go and lose my social virginity that I'd otherwised preserved during my stay in his country.
"Ko-san, I appreciate it, but I can't just crash their party..."
"They're my friends. They're okay. Just go. Have fun." He punctuates his simple sentence with a sullen smile that explains more about what he's thinking than his actions are proving; 'You're young, they're young, I'm old, I know you should have adventures while you can, I'll run the shop, don't worry about me.'
I pick up the beer and sends him an appreciative nod before extinguishing my own cigarette. Leaving the smoke-and-grime tainted kitchen behind, I step out into the twilight of a Japanese springtime evening. The sky is coloured pink and turquoise from the setting sun with a slow layer of flat clouds drifting unnoticably over the mountaintops. I take a breath. The scent of the forest and river running along the property intermingle with the smoky residual haze rising from the barbeque below the garden where a group of young people are having a drinking party that an old Japanese man have coerced me to go join.
It's the middle of April in the year two thousand seventeen, and I've been in Japan for a good 4 months now. Given my arrival in the middle of the winter, I've taken to bum around the southern island region of the archipelago until the weather becomes too hot for the Scandinavian genes in me. I glance towards the little room I've been staying in for the last month and a half, located right across from the kitchen, and directly between me and the door that would lead me to another night of quiet contemplation and reading is the staircase that would bring me down through a garden path to the riverfront where the party is going on. I could easily retreat to the room unnoticed, hiding in the rising cover of darkness that envelops any rural region as the sun descends, but something in the face of the old man as he sent me off makes me steer left and head down towards the group.

Yep, stealing this one. Bad luck boyo.

It's just an idea, I didn't develop it much and I don't really plan to

>two boys live in the ghetto, one being a violent jackass while the other is a bit of an autist
>autist joins a gang while jackass moves to the suburbs to live with his mother who happens to be a cop
>autist gang eventually rapes and murders cop mom, traumatizing both boys
>police crack down on local gangs in retaliation, creating power vacuum
>autist gang avoids destruction because they were small and laid low in anticipation of the crackdown, filling the vacuum
>autist educates himself over the next few years, becoming well read and deceptively cultured and using the money he gets from his gang to start a business when he gets older
>jackass goes on to lead and unfulfilling life, failing to join either the army and the police due to his violent and self destructive nature
>never recovered from seeing his mom die
>finds out that the gang that killed her successfully evaded punishment
>end of the story is him hunting them down and brutally killing them, save for the autist
>unlike the other gang members, autist doesn't try to fight back as he realizes what he did was wrong and wants to atone
>story either ends ambiguously, with it being unclear if jackass killed autist or not, or with both of them being killed by the police
Every character in the story, especially the ones that live in the ghetto, are analogous to some sort of animal with the gangsters being higher up the food chain than regular people, and are frequently paralleled with animals like bears, snakes, and in the case of the autist's gang, wolves etc. Dangerous creatures that can never be of real use in society. The only exception to this metaphor are the police, who rarely appear in the story. Jackass and the autist are dogs, which are similar to wolves but can be fully domesticated and be of use to humanity, but can never actually be human.

Insufferable. Your generation will love it.

This reads like someone's made up idea of what travelling is like.

>stay with old dude in his hotel and help him out
>group of young japs come around to bbq
>old dude tells me to go join
>gives me some beer to open conversation with
>contemplate whether to do it or just go jack off in my room and play vidya

It's basically that but with sprinkles on top.

>The narrator introduces Himself like a God
>A God with a fuck-huge big bushy white beard
>He is all-knowing, all-seeing, and isn't so much a narrator as someone who fucks around in the background as the story unfolds
>Will probably introduce himself to the characters at some point
>How that will affect the almost non-existant story, I don't know
>Mostly just a book where I, the writer, has fun. Sort of playing God, while demonstrating how incredibly fun it can be to write.
>Don't know if it'll be incredibly funny or incredibly shitty, probably the latter.

You're right OP, probably isn't going to go anywhere, at least not anywhere good... it was my first idea for a comedy.

A short story about a man who wastes his life lurking imageboards, wanting nothing, coasting through life without direction, never making his own choices. Then he meets a girl and for the first time in a long while he wants something, and his desire is to her. But there is no substance to him so he is not interesting to her, and he has never pursued anything in his life so he hasn't even got the skills to woo her. She rejects him for another man. He kills himself after desperately trying to forget her and after trying to make up for the childhood and youth he flushed down the toilet of time.

>autist educates himself over the next few years, becoming well read and deceptively cultured and using the money he gets from his gang to start a business when he gets older

You've never actually met anyone from the lower classes, have you?

I've met a writer who made some change doing this. What I could see from trying to do something similar was that the worst thing you can do is try to structure it from a place of authority rather than learning. Allow the themes to present themselves in the first draft and then try to focus in on them in the second draft, adding you're new introspection or detail after the fact. Focus on character details, speech patterns, and the stories other people tell.

There is a market for this kind of writing, but you usually need a few books to get noticed, and even then you won't pay your way around the world. The glory days of travel writers and explores are far, far behind sadly.

>I call it "the story of legitimacy". Coming September 2017, only in Russian and Chinese theatres, (spoken language is English, and there no subtitle.) Staring an all Kat puppet cast, made from pure kitten fur and the bones of sad men.

Too legit to quit.

I wasn't exactly going for realism.

>sets it in a realistic contemporary setting
>"I'm not going for realisim"

>beta general

>a bunch of Hey Arnold episodes with an edge

>oh, it's nothing

>Holes with an R rating

This had a chance before you mentioned the girl.

>school is next to a graveyard
>kids play a game where they jump the fence and run to tombstones further and further away and leave items where the next kid has to collect it and run it back
>do this without teachers noticing
>main character's best friend dies in car crash
>gets interred in graveyard next to school
>main kid stops playing game
>hurricane warning draws the whole town to take shelter at school
>during the storm at night kid wanders around and sees movement on schoolyard
>al the dead kids (ghosts) are playing the game where they vault over the fence to see how far they can get on the schoolyard side

I though a lot about how I would write a legit TransNapoleon. Like from that copypasta about how people that identify as Emperor of the French are oppressed. Except it would probably be Caesar in this case. Basically:
>guy believes he is Caesar reincarnated in the modern world
>is unclear whether he is deeply mentally disturbed or for real
>mostly the story of everyday life on the northwest coast of modern France through his eyes

My latest idea is basically a coming of age story about a character/group of characters living and growing up in a dull and dying industrial town. Most of the focus will be on the town itself, basically how it's a place where hopes and dreams go to die, and the young adults attempts to leave the town for better opportunities.
I also want to tie in some mild satire/social commentary, about how the plant the town was built around (not decided what kind of plant yet) was seen as the pinnacle of progress a long time ago, but then basically turned to the polluting piece of shit that stains the towns reputation, and that the politicians are caring less and less about the towns wellbeing, since they themselves are enamored by newer and better projects than to revive it.

Shitty horror trope

A guy sees a UFO and things only get crazier from there.

>A man with an abnormally large penis is recruited by the CIA to infiltrate a terrorist organization through their front as a adult video production company.
>He's made to star in more and more depraved films as he goes deeper undercover.

I'm also thinking about writing a gay erotica novel in which the protagonist is in complete denial of his homosexuality.

this is my town

I would read the second one