Did intellectualism peak in the early 20th century? We had Wittgenstein, Heidegger, Sartre, Freud, Jung etc...

Did intellectualism peak in the early 20th century? We had Wittgenstein, Heidegger, Sartre, Freud, Jung etc. Now all we have is Zizek.

I would not be surprised to find, years later, that this exact era is home to many important philosophers, but that they work in blogs (e.g. Mencius Moldbug, etc, though I don't like his work) because the academy is rotted and still rotting.

And if so, why?

>Heidegger, Sartre, Freud, Jung etc. Now all we have is Zizek.
these are all brainlets who are not good at rigorous thinking
>Wittgenstein
he unfortunately suffers from mental illness. He's like a car with a great engine whose steering wheel has been rigged to drift and be unreliable

We have a ton of cool e-celebs though.

But we have Bill Nye, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Anna Sarkesian, and the horde of liberal establishment writers who slap together anti-white male articles in the New Yorker!

These are the people that the Cathedral read, so these are the people who will be remembered in the history books. Sorry, this is the future we chose when we invented the Internet. No going back now, friends.

19th century was even greater

This, tbqhwy famalanterns.

>Sartre, Freud

bumperoo

in the future, if they are preserved, many forum posters will be seen as great thinkers and writers. think personalities from places like The Phora or Salo Forum. Many of these people are real polymaths and more well-read than 99% of living hue-mans

I'd never heard of those places but I checked them out and they seem really dark.

Volumes and volumes will be written about giradfag tbqhwy

You sir are an idiot. There are numerous people making intellectual process in scientific fields, and they shit on your Freud (psychology), Jung (not even a respectable field), Wittgenstein (linguistics). Kindly fuck off with your 'great men' worship and have some respect for the collective of men and women making actually intellectual progress.

He is great, I think so too. Kantbot too, and the intellectually spooked out guy. That girardfag tho

yes.

and its going to get worse.

>women
>intellectual progress

"The Cathedral" didn't read (well, listen to) Socrates. Then later both the Christians and Muslims got more out of that school of Greek philosophy than any competitors, let alone any political/politically-instigated drivel, such as modern culture and "counter-culture" is awash with. Intellectualism will win out in the end.

We now have the wisest of them all, Varg Vikernes.

>You sir are an idiot.
>Kindly fuck off
Reddit pls go. Can tell all that's needed to know about your internet persona by your choice of insults.

They are. And full of ingroupy namefagging. Just get the condensed version on twitter, especially for book and author references, though a lot of their "takes" are very good and clever, and their humour is as good or better than the heydays of Veeky Forums.

>linguistics shits on philosophy of language
>Chomsky literally has a Russell poster

You're just judging them based on your worthless opinions philosophy.