Tfw when you read 6 hours of philosophy a day and the hole inside you still isn't going away

>tfw when you read 6 hours of philosophy a day and the hole inside you still isn't going away

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9f-Q9GHmJGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try getting a job.

>implying that philosophy isn't about creating holes rather than filling them.

Proverbs, Psalms, Ecclesiasties, then the Gospels.

I work part time.

I've read the Bible and it never touched me. The only thing that's helped is a mix of Platonic and Stoic philosophy

It's not about making it disappear, but accepting it as part of life and using it to make better art/philosophy or even to feel empathy to others and connect with them through shared suffering.

Get a gf.

The hole she will leave after she betrays and leaves you will be so much bigger that you'll stop trying to fill it

According to DFW, loving yourself fully is the key to ending that.

Said the guy who killed himself

Why would I take happiness advice from a man who took medication and killed himself?

You're reading too much philosophy in one sitting to absorb the content in an effective manner.

Time for end stage philosophy.

Epicureanism. There is no point to life so just derive moderate pleasure from life and await the end.

>>tfw when you eat 6 hours a day and the hole inside you still isn't going away
please kill me

Try studying jurisprudence, medicine and, alas! theology

Most zealously I seek for erudition. Much do I know--but to know all is my ambition.

not only that, but it's fucking tripe to boot. best advice I ever got was from Andy Warhol.

Read Hegel and realize this negativity is inherent in the process of consciousness itself.

my dude.

Start living philosophically all day.

Well evidently he failed to do it, but he's not the only person who's said that.

OP dedicating yourself intensely to religion is the only answer.

That advice is "go for a run every morning" tier nonsense, given by people who think depression is fighting with their partner or getting the wrong sized drink at Starbucks.

He's not wrong, he just about it the wrong way, you have to love another to love yourself.

HAHAHA! No.

this is the most wrong thing I have ever read. He didn't say that he read 200 pages, he said he spent six hours. This, if anything, is the best way to read philosophy.

What a strange response.

>he hasn't figured out that literature is the cure

Had he said "studied philosophy" for 6 hours then you would likely be right. But he said he "read philosophy" for 6 hours. That implies he was burning through the texts like a madman.

A healthy relationship is two people working together. No relationship can function properly if you're putting the person as some kind of jesus ersatz through which you'll be saved. It's unhealthy, it's creepy, and you'll end up chasing the person away.

I spend a lot of time rereading passages and thinking about the text as I work through it. In 6 hours I'll read maybe 50 pages

literally the only correct response

So we are in agreement on how philosophy should be read, user. I simply doubt that the OP is doing this. But I could be wrong, I have been before.

>I have been before
pleb

I AM the OP

I think that is OP

Or at least that post wasn't me ()

Give up on looking for an answer and fill your life with endless distraction.

Well then I was wrong yet again. Kek

Reading Psychology actually helps you out, and contains a little bit of philosophy depending on who you're reading.

Carl Jung, Carl Rogers and stuff on transactional analysis genuinely helped me out.

Transactional analysis may seem like a really watered down and overly simplistic way of looking at self-esteem issues but it helped me shed some light on the way I interact with people.

Determine from which you can want that it determines you.

OP here, I power read through the text. You don't need to "study" 20 pages for 6 hours, that's ridiculous...

You're not me, fuck off.

You don't need to samefag to bump your thread, user...

?

>tfw you do philosophy for a living and you've found happiness

No shit dummy.

Here's a tip: all philosophy basically comes back around to the answer of, "I don't fucking know," after thousand of pages of bullshit conjecturing.

>try to discuss philosophy with school normie friends over a coffee, one of which is a girl I used to date (still kind of date?)
>try to talk about Kierkegaard
>the girl says it doesn't matter how much I philosophise because I am nothing without love
>laugh at her
>go home
>think about it for hours anyway

JUST END THIS RIDE

hahahahahahahahaha your life sucks

>one of which is a girl I used to date (still kind of date?)
can you expound on this, user?

when will summer be over.

never officially broke up, but see each other once in never and never even do anything sexual

my fault mostly desu, kinda stopped trying to make an effort for the sake of the relationship t b h senpai

;_;

>ever interacting with women
You brought that on yourself. Get a qt trap and then wait about 5 years when you can have a baby grown from your skin cells.

>never officially broke up, but see each other once in never and never even do anything sexual
>my fault mostly desu, kinda stopped trying to make an effort for the sake of the relationship t b h senpai

I had something similar with my ex for a while. She is probably having regular sex with another man.

don't really care mate, that's the sad part

Lmao cuck

Try filling someone else's hole instead of your own

I read a good deal of it to, but it just seems so futile if you cant study it formally.

not a cuck if you are not in a relationship and don't even want the girl

Stop reading neichtze dumbass

Any specific books ?

Stop being a slave, asshole

make me

Save the world man; I'm sure you can with all that knowledge and wisdom.

Why is Schopenhauer used exclusively for shitposting on Veeky Forums?

Unless you grew up with Christianity the bible isn't a particularly satisfying read.

At no point did it ever "move me", give me goosebumps or anything like that. It reads as too much a product of its time and place.

Try taking on some responsibility instead reading blogs from old rich people, you piece of shit.

Alpha as fuck.

The Phenomenology.

The only point of reading philosophy is to yourself philosophize.

If it sends you into despair, you are incapable of it. No offense.

Maybe take a different approach, one involving closer reading of primary texts.

Killing yourself can be a direct consequence of loving yourself.

>Killing yourself can be a direct consequence of loving yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=9f-Q9GHmJGc

Here it is in his own words.

No it fucking doesn't you pseud stop projecting your retardation on the whole field of philosophy.

this is literally me in every relationship. once i actually get to know the girl, the "magic" vanishes and i lose all interests.
a few months later i'm lonely again and meet a new girl, same thing happens.

i've never had a proper relationship because of this and it's starting to bother me, but it's already been a few months since the last girl.

any user ideas how to fix this? pls no nofap tier advice.

Abandon all women. Trust me I'm a 26 years old virgin. No regrets. After the age of 22 it only got better. Can't wait to reach true wizardry. Too bad you fucked that up already.

Get married and have kids.

>I work part time.
maybe you should start living full time

> meditation
> hole inside gone

Who are you? Mishima?

When is at acceptable to study a secondary source instead of the original text?

>this is literally me in every relationship. once i actually get to know the girl, the "magic" vanishes and i lose all interests.
sad truth senpai

>26 year old virgin
>abandon women
user, you have to have had something in the first place in order to abandon it.

When you've learned how to spell.

holes tho

kek

Name one actual result from philosophy

>name one actual result from philosophy

i don't mean to jump in here or anything but

>Bite into an apple
>It's just the skin
Fucking daoists.

Chinese philosophy is bollocks

This. Some philosophy can be overtly analytical, and this can lead into a more cynical view of the world. I agree with this user; reading phenomenological psychology and Nietzche has helped me overcome cynicism.

literally 2deep4u

>it's dumb
me on the right

ok i take it all back

>the hole inside you still isn't going away
It's called a vagina. Philosophy won't help in your case.

Holy fortune cookies, that's dumb.

I thought the whole point of Good Old Neon, was that suicide wasn't really a solution and caring for yourself was.