ITT: cheap, healthy foods with loads of calories that can be made in ONE POT and warmed up for many days to come

ITT: cheap, healthy foods with loads of calories that can be made in ONE POT and warmed up for many days to come.

pic related, yesterday i made chili.

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/document/94825736/Original-Chili-Recipe-from-the-San-Antonio-Chili-Queens
grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html
budgetbytes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chili, gumbo, pot roast, there's so many user.
Almost all slow cooker meals too

>>>>>>>corn

another thing i love is pasta with tuna.
just a can of tuna, carrots, zucchini, onions, lot of garlic, tomatosauce and spices.

Corn belong on pizza, not in a 'chili'

in texas, they dont even put fucking BEANS in chili. corn in chili is good, trust me.
and now listen here for that special tip:

>COCOA
yes, cocoa. not the sweet one, the neutral one. two tablespoons if your making chili with ~2-2.5 lbs of meat.

That's cowboy stew, user

An user here probably a decade ago told me that if you accidentally add too much spice to a chili you can reduce the heat by adding high cocoa dark chocolate. I didn't try it at the time and I've never had the same problem since, but I'll never forget it.

It was a different time back then.

Raimi chili is culturally polarizing

i made a thai curry-ish soup today in the crock pot that ended up really thick and hearty, super happy with it

desu you should always put a bit of dark chocolate in a chili con carne

What's your easiest and tastiest chilli recipe Veeky Forums? I need it

>Raimi chili
what is

wait ill post a picture of it, i wrote it down yesterday

>gumbo
>one pot
it's not gumbo until you add the rice

its fine if you need more than one pot to make it, but you should not need more than one pot to store it.

There you go

>mixing rice with gumbo before serving
lmao

Thanks I broke my neck trying to read that shit

chili with beans
it's the only way you can call it chili
(plus beans is cheap protein)

>it's the only way you can call it chili
originally, chili was served with beans on the side if you wanted to, but was not cooked with beans. nowadays chili with beans, chili without beans, and chili without beans are all acceptable. there's nothing wrong with either, and it's all up to personal taste

Good post (unironically)

Reading it back, I completely fucked iut up because I'm drunk at 8 Am, but whatever

I just grill chicken and then cut it up and stick it with rice in a huge Tupperware. Stick any veggies you want inside. Shit lasts a solid week except some veggies decay quicker

everyone with an iphone is this fucking stupid

Unsweetened cocoa is not neutral, it's bitter. Just saiyan.

yes, thats the stuff im talking about.
i ment natural in the sense of "without added sweetness"
it happens

How would Tabasco fare over just regular hot sauce?

I am doing the same

Use whatever you like.

If you want I don't mind sharing recipes. Also, I'll list only the main ingredients (i.e. no seasoning)

Curry: whatever soft[-ish] meat you have on your freezer, potatoes, carrots, tomato paste. No real need for rice.

Barreado: some tough meat, bacon, tomatoes, onion. Requires pressure cooker. Originally served with cassava meal, but any spare carb does the trick (I personally eat it with polenta).

Chickpeas and sausages. Cheap, filling, tasty. Requires chickpeas to stay in water overnight.

Sopa paraguaya: cheese, corn meal, veggies into a savoury cake-like dish. It doesn't taste as great when rewarmed, but good enough.

Crockpot lasagna.

Is crockpot lasagna hard to do?

Nah, piss easy. I suggest Alton Brown's recipe fer it, should be available in one of the old episodes of Good Eats.

>Good Eats

I'm sold, ty user.

Why would you keep food on your freezer and not in it? Dumb onposter.

Potato curry is probably one of the easiest meals to make whilst also being incredibly cheap.
Massaman is also a good cheap option if you make a vegetarian version of it with potatos.

any super-good tomato free chili recipes?

scribd.com/document/94825736/Original-Chili-Recipe-from-the-San-Antonio-Chili-Queens

looks good and a bit spicy as well. have you made it?

Yeah, it's good. If you don't have a molcajeta or a mortar and pestle, you can use a spice grinder, coffee grinder, food processor, or blender. I have a dedicated electric coffee grinder that I use for spices(I use a manual burr grinder for coffee, but that's neither here nor there)

Also, the cumin goes in with the other spices.

I've made Mrs. Johnson's chili before. It's one of the best chilis I've ever had, but I've got to say that the amount of chili powder is way too light. You need somewhere around 2/3 cup. A proper chili needs to be a dark maroon almost chocolate color like pic related IMO. As for coarsely ground beef vs. chuck, I definitely prefer the ground beef and if you can actually grind it yourself or buy it coarsely ground, the texture is really meaty but tender.

Sometimes I buy this jar of tabasco chili starter and add a pound of ground beef and nothing else. It's a good quick chili.

My standard recommendation when such threads come up:
grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html

I use only half as much rice and add some tomato paste, sweet and hot paprika and some pork belly.

>five pieces of garlic
It's "cloves", retard.

Throw into a pressure cooker some beef chunks (can be cheap cuts, the cooking will tenderize it) and bones, corn (half cobs or so), potato, carrot, the chilli of your preference (I use guajillo and ancho), tomato pureƩ and chickpeas. Obviously add plenty of water and chicken or beef broth (liquid or little cubes), you want it to be soupy, not thick.
Let it cook for 2 hours or so.
Wa la.
You can eat as is or serve it with tortilla strips and grated cheese. Lasts forever, bring to boil when heating up, and add water when needed.

so general speaking when making chili do i use whole or diced canned tomatos?

Pilav. Fry some meat and some champignons in a pan. Add 3 cups of rice (let it soak in warm water for 20 mins first) and 3 cups of water. Add chickpeas, diced carrots, peas, litterally anything you fancy. Lid on the pot. Max heat until it boils, then low heat until the water is gone. Play with ingredients and mesurements until you get it right for your taste. Bon Appetit. Add a bit of water when reheating.

>Poorfag general

budgetbytes.com/

or just google one pot.

good thread

Hey Veeky Forums

I did it today. Came out okay. Didn't use that much seasoning or cider(about half) but it's a little too saucy, I overdid it with the tomatoes and the Cider got overwhelmed by the pork. Turns out the pork I bought which was on sale was ground bacon flavored pork. Still came out good, a little spicy. Most definitely will be better when it sits for awhile and thickens.

I think this was a mild success. I used some yellow peppers to make it a bit sweet.

I'd say diced myself, you want them to sorta disintegrate into the chili so whole might take longer

>Corn belong on pizza
No it doesn't ruffian.

>Had the cinnamon cider and he didn't mention it
>Didn't make a marinade for a loin of pork

call it chili with corn then you goddamn autist.

Chili con corn in

things that don't belong in chili:
corn
beans
tomatoes
bell peppers

Meat
chilis
vegetables

matter

pic related, the chili i made earlier today.

salt

great post would read again/10