What place has the absolute worst food and why is it the UK?

What place has the absolute worst food and why is it the UK?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gOE0VP0EZ0M&list=PLcNoGuHT7bHjgDib4-NmPZPI1ZowBUkKw
livelyrun.com/from-the-farmer/encountering-american-culture-cheese-foreigner/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not obsessed

youtube.com/watch?v=gOE0VP0EZ0M&list=PLcNoGuHT7bHjgDib4-NmPZPI1ZowBUkKw

tl;dw the national palate was set back a thousand years by wartime rationing.

Well, there is always bread in Scandinavia, which is ALWAYS sweet and almost always with cumin and the only alternative is hardtack.

But entire cousine as a whole? Either English or NE bits of the US.

user, I come from post-commie nation and we don't have it even half as bad as Brits do, despite rationing being a thing for 3 generations. Mostly because people were creative about what they had, rather than eating bland shit.

I fucking ate 4 pounds of beans about 3 hours ago and I think I'm going to die .
Send help

tfw ywn hatefuck sue perkins

The British were too busy working to rebuild after the war. They didn't have time to spend inventing new dishes, commie.

t. sober

I'm a Pole. My country was turned into literal rubble, 1/3 of population was killed and we had border shift tha rivals that of Germany. Oh, and we had stalinist repressions until '56, while obviously not having Marshall money, and agriculture was collectivised. Also, no spice import aside pepper, since spices are a bourgeois extravaganza.
Wants to add something about "tough situation"?

Bong who used to live in the US and travelled all over the world here. I’m actually writing a book on what the fuck is wrong with modern Britain, and I feature heavily on food.

I can confirm that the UK has the most god awful food on the planet. It probably wouldn’t even be so bad if the ingredients themselves weren’t so goddamn terrible. Everything, whether it’s restaurant food or food at the supermarket tastes like pillow stuffing. Nothing has taste to it. Something is done, or rather not done, to food produced in the UK that robs it of any and all flavours.

Take the recent EU parliament vote on kebab meat preservatives. It got shot down because of British votes. There’s some sort of legislative and administrative culture here that all preservatives and additives = BAD. They completely neuter food in the raw ingredient state by not adding anything and it leads to poor quality products that lose nutrients and taste immediately because nothing is being done to the food to correct its lifespan. Somehow, they can sill slap a 100% British label on everything like that’s something to be proud of rather than a joke.

Even vegetables taste like nothing here. A carrot doesn’t taste like a carrot. I go to Ireland though, and it magically tastes like a carrot again. They must be using soil and fertiliser with added nutrition and additives removed from it, on top of the naturally not so great soil.

All of this is compounded by native Brits just typically having awfully bland palettes, and an inability to try new foods, or having to bastardise international cuisine to suit a bland, boring, British sensibility when it comes to food that completely robs a dish of its original flavours and quality.

this is pure bullshit, and i say this as a head chef who has run restaurants in both the UK and USA.

This is pure slander, british soil is some of the most fertile in the world due to the favourable weather conditions and nutrient content, there are many vibrant cuisines/dishes melded into the typical british diet

It always amazes me how Brits basically monopolised trade in certain spices... and their cousine remained unaffected. How?! How is that even possible?! No herb culture, so they don't use herbs for seasoning. No imported spices, despite controlling colonial empire responsible for third of world production of spices and literally nothing that is not salt and vinegar. Somehow not even using garlic, which is standard for all those cousines that avoid spices.

Also, adding vinegar to everything. I like sour food, but come on!

>british soil is some of the most fertile in the world
user... I mean your entire post is full of crap, but this bit is so fucking desperate it's not even funny.

Poorfag here, been in the uk for under 3 months so idk about fancy restaurants, but I still can't find any proper ingredients to make good food anywhere, and the only places that are passable are Mediterranean food joints. But even when the patrons are from their respective place the food is not quite the same

>british soil is some of the most fertile in the world
>due to the favourable weather conditions and nutrient content

denial is a sad thing to see, keep making these outdated stereotyped threads/posts, it only highlights your blatant ignorance.

And how do you equate using fertilisers with low or non existent nitrogen contents with the food quality? Most of the country doesn’t not have good soil and requires the use of fertiliser heavily.

The south may have good soil. Most places are not lucky enough to have their soil nutrients replenished by the Thames, Trent, and Avon river systems.

As a head chef in restaurants in the UK, you know for a fact that all produce and most dairy is locally sourced within a few miles of the vendor that the restaurant purchases from.

The rocky, depleted soil from the Midlands on north is produces poor quality crops, and poor quality grass for grazing in regards to livestock quality.

There is an undeniable change in taste between food outside of the UK and food produced within it.

>living in the midlands
shiggy dig

>Denial
Sorry, but I'm not the one who pretends British soils are "some of the most fertile in the world". It's like you know shit about agriculture and/or soils, but still decide to speak about it.

I’d wager it’s because of that monopoly and poor information within food sciences that advocated the erasure of additives from food that the UK has poor seasoning culture. With an access to spices comes the ability to mask how poor the base ingredients have become. Take away certain additives and flavours and tastes and you get terrible dishes with poor flavour profiles reliant on things like vinegar that a nationalistic and unwarranted proud culture can’t admit are bad because they don’t know anything else.

The only sad thing up here is Brits getting defensive about eating bland, often colourless crap.
Also, last time I've checked, most of British Isle soils was made up from acidic clays and loams. Aka one of the worst farmland and grazing area imaginable.

>With an access to spices comes the ability to mask how poor the base ingredients have become
But that assumes you use spices and seasoning.
British cousine doesn't. They just pour vinegar instead.

As an American I would devour a full english or full irish in seconds, that shit is so good and if you disagree you should consider cutting your tongue off and never eating again faggot.

Obviously shiggy diggy to living in the Midlands, it’s one of the poorest places in Europe, especially Staffordshire. Sadly, 11 million people live there, so it’s got a large agricultural presence.

>british soil is some of the most fertile in the world due to the favourable weather conditions and nutrient content, there are many vibrant cuisines/dishes melded into the typical british diet

>polish food

There was nothing for you to recover in the first place.

How is that sprayed cheese works for your taste buds, mate?

That’s a bit of a generalisation. Vinegar does feature prominently, but there are plenty of dishes that call for things like mustard or horseradish, coriander, and things of that nature. Like I said though, things like that are masking how terrible the base ingredients are.

Oi m8 du u want sum toast sammies

>implying Ive ever eaten that crap

Sorry but im not a poorfag

Not even him, but let me guess - all you know is pierogi, right?
Go travel around, taste different things, then try being judgemental faggot. Then again, I'm glad they've told me what one of their soups is made from only after I ate it and complemtented the taste. I doubt anyone would eat that knowing what's inside the bowl.

Well, they all have strong taste. Which still makes me wonder why not just spice things up. I mean that's what spices are for.

Your cheese all taste the same - like eating wax. It's absolutely amazing how Americans, while producing so much milk and having relatively big dairy industry, are so bad at handling cheese.

Is this a meme? I live in Northern Ireland and I find I have great access to a wide variety of food.

I mean, I get that the single mothers eat nothing but fish finger sandwiches but its not like we get no food at all here.

My butchers know me pretty well and set aside all kinds of cool shit for me to try free of charge which has helped expand my horizons too.

Also live near some farms where you can go pick vegetables / fruit out of the ground and tree's which is always fun for the kiddos.

What is posted in OP is basically poor person food though which what can you really expect form them? Its like my short time in America where everyone at boxed food and readymade burgers and meals, but that only represents the ones who do not really care for food.

Also NI has some great fish holy shit catching and eating that shit feels so good. UK in general has so much water surrounding it that it seems a no brainer.

Beans on toast is something I have once a year like, and that one time is always really good / naughty feeling but like, I dunno I feel globally people eat quite shitty I think we are just getting lazier in general as a species.

>travel around and taste the myriad ways to prepare potato and wodka

No thanks friend we've already got the Irish for that

>no spice import aside pepper

that explains their "lol just chill and add more dill" attitude to spicing up their food.

>are so bad at handling cheese.
>like eating wax

Maybe come over here and actually try some of our cheeses? Our REAL cheeses? The stuff made in-state so it can be unpasteurized?

Wisconsin and Vermont cheeses are godly

OP said "UK", but what he really meant was "England"

Lol what are you on about? We use garlic all the fucking time. And spices are all over our historical cuisine: spiced meat pies, puddings with spices, etc.

What was the soup?

Thus you confirmed you know shit about their cousine. And the point was to travel around, not only to Poland. Apparently for you Wales already counts as "foreing country".

:( Tfw the only time I see the Midlands mentioned on the internet is someone slagging it off. We won the premier league a couple of seasons ago you know!

I'm from England and everything my IRA friend said applies here too

user, I've spend two years as contracted geo surveyor. At first I was sure it's just about buying cheap. Turns out the expensive cheese was just as bad, but costing five times more. Eventually the only dairy products I was still buying was milk.

Daily reminder the UK has the best restaurant in the world.

suck it nerds.

soz m8, it really is just england's warehouse

No it doesn't, Nigel.

>Turns out the expensive cheese was just as bad

See if you actually ate any GOOD cheese from here you'd know that's just not true. Any decent Vermont cheddar will blow most European shit out of the water.

Go to a farmers market, not a supermarket.

A stew made out of a selection of veggies, marjoram and thinly sliced tripe. Tastes great, thou.

The best cheeses here are still quite inexpensive. You got duped user.

>Any decent Vermont cheddar will blow most European shit out of the water.
The scary part is - you might actually believe this rather than trolling.

>my pasteurized cheese product is world class

>while obviously not having Marshall money

No, you had the entire USSR.

>u trollin!!!

That's not an argument. Go find some fresh in-state, farmer-made cheese and get back to me.

I've tasted a wide selection of American and European cheeses and European cheese elitism is incredibly unfounded.

Americans make plenty of unpasteurized cheeses you moron, they just cant be exported out of their home states

Do your research before shitposting like a retard

No, that's a different thing. See, like pointed out in this thread, spices can cover the bad taste of things, especially when the dish is made hot this way. Thus you can cover for sub-par or outright rotten ingredients (the joys of rationing from collective farms), while it still tastes good. My grandmother was a cook for her entire life and even when things started to be normal, she was still making everything extra spicy out of habit.
Then again, once there was no problem with getting spices and fresh meat, a lot of pre-commie dishes returned, simply because it was now possible to make them without wondering from where the fuck you are going to get ginger or nutmeg other than the pre-grinded shit.

>can’t be exported outside of its home state
How’s that freedom treating you, shartacus?

Pretty good, each state has quite a nice selection of fresh unpasteurized cheese if you know where to look, especially since there's always a market for it.

Nice unfounded meme there buddy

>federal regulation prohibiting the movement of cheese
Fucking cuckolds.

>No, you had the entire USSR
... to feed.

First thing Soviets did upon "liberating" was loading everything that could be moved - including entire fucking factories and steel mills - on trains and sending it home. And the only trading partner that was left by '45 was Soviet Union, "buying" in exchange for post-war army surplus weapons. Sooooo damn useful for rebuilding the country or running any sort of economy, even planned one.
Seriously, how fucking dense or uneducated one must be to think there was some sort of Soviet version of Marshall Plan? We not only had to fend for ourselves, but also having Big Brother to apprehend. And this applies to all Eastern Block.

It's to support local cheesemaking industry, and it's worked quite well I'd say. Every state has a vibrant cheese culture.

>Every state has a vibrant cheese culture.
Since when "none" means "vibrant"?
You wouldn't know good cheese even if it would hit you in the face

You can shitpost all you want but every state has unique, handmade, fresh, and delicious unpasteurized cheese.

Your ignorance of our cheese industries does not mean they dont exist.

>meme
Retard.

Yes, it's very much a meme.

Yes user, soooo much American cheese. And all those ignorant foreignres who are deep down just jelly about the top quality American dairy products...
Is that what American dream is?

Are you gonna keep shitposting or are you going to pose an actual argument?

I ate hundreds of variteites of European cheeses when I toured France, Italy, and Spain, and I can get just as good cheese here in America.

>to support local cheesemaking industry
By prohibiting sale of it?
What kind of fucked-up logic is that?

... by importing it outside. Which is part of the reason why any decent cheese in States costs so much, since there is the protective tarrif on imported dairy and it has to pass quite harsh biological requirements solely to protect the abysmal American cheese from simply dying out as a thing.

Also
>Demands arguments
>Has none himself

Think about it user

It means that each state needs a healthy unpasteurized cheese industry to meet local demand, and that's exactly what happened.

>Vermont cheddar
wtf
thats like saying a vermont milano salami

>UK cousine thread
>Amerifats come in crying about their cheese
Like pottery

>... by importing it outside
No, completely and utterly wrong, are you really that ignorant?

>Has none himself
Lol read this

For a look into just two cheeses found only in New York state, from the perspective of a born and bred French citizen no less.

Welcome to American cousine, where nothing makes sense and names are invented to make awful local stuff sound more "worldly".

milano salami is just a recipie, literally anyone could do it and get the same result.

You should really leave your backwater trailer park once in awhile, if you really are an "american" that is

You have to understand that British culture is parasitic. You go to an Indian restaurant in London, that's not Indian cuisine at all, it's the bastardised English version with chicken tikka masala(invented in Glasgow) and chicken korma and the vindaloo that you only order when drunk and then fucking Dimesh or whoever is behind the till gets that menacing look in his eye as he prepares to devastate your delicate little English anal rosebud for a week.

Also big love for the guy insisting preservatives improve the flavour of food. Hope the flavour of UHT isn't too strong for you.

>It doesn't matter if I use real deal or some cheap-ass substitute that only shares the name
And this is, ladies and gents, why Americans are such horrible cooks

>It doesn't matter if I use real deal or some cheap-ass substitute that only shares the name

Lmao thats not even remotely close to what I said, are you really that desperate?

A recipe is a recipe, and to get the exact same result one only needs to follow the exact same recipe. Anyone can do it no matter if they're in America of fucking China.

Amerifat here.
I understand the hate that british food gets but I honestly love it. Oftentimes I'll start my day off with marmite and butter on an english muffin. I am extremely jealous of your selection of meat pies, I don't even think you can get them in the USA, at least not for cheap. Full english breakfast is something I crave from time to time and when I go back to Britain that's probably one of the first things I'm gonna get. Cadbury > Hershey undeniably. Milky bars are amazing. Pickled onion is second only to salt and vinegar as the greatest potato chip flavor of all time. Spotted Dick and mince pie are two of my favorite desserts, and I always pressure my family into letting me make a christmas pudding for the holiday.

I could go on and on, but yeah I'm definitely a britboo in the culinary sense.

>Lmao thats not even remotely close to what I said
> literally anyone could do it and get the same result.

>EU is famously mocked for their retarded food laws
>attempts to shit on America

Stay obsessed kiddo, lmao

>literally anyone could do it and get the same result.

Yeah, IF THEY FOLLOW THE EXACT SAME RECIPE! Context dude, learn some reading comprehension.

Unless, of course, you don't have access to specific ingredients.
Which you won't have and thus not making the thing you are trying to make. Newsflash, bitch: a fuckload of foodstuff requires very specific conditions to get them. Different type of soil? Slightly different feeder for animals? Congrats, you won't get the same results

Learn about picking your ingredients, you dumb shit. Just because you have recipe and pick what looks the same to use doesn't mean you will get the same thing. Jesus fuck, do I really need to explain that just because you bought "some beef" won't do?

>EU is famously mocked for their retarded food laws
Where and by whom?
Oh, right, Americans who are salty everyone mocks their "food"

Thats why I said EXACT recipe you dumb fucks

>be british
>your food and culture is relegated to being for commoners only
>your french masters have high culture and fancy food
>be surprised when you still eat gruel hundreds of years later
it's the mindset

>"food"

I still will never understand how Europeans can be so elitist about American food when their only experience of it is from fast food and /int/ memes

Like seriously... leave your hometown and get some worldly experience

>"food"
I still will never understand how Americans can be so elitist about food when their only experience of it is from fast food and /int/ memes
Like seriously... leave your hometown and get some worldly experience

I dunno who you think you're talking to, I've travelled all over America and Europe and have a wide range of culinary experience.

I dunno who you think you're talking to, I've travelled all over America and Europe and have a wide range of culinary experience.

Hey man, glad you like our chocolate, shame Cadbury's was bought by Americans though so it's basically Hershey's lite now.

American food has always been odd to me, cause it's always got the best and the worst at the same time. Want an American beer in the UK? You can have a craft American session pale ale for about the same price as piss in a can (Coors). Want meat? You can have shitty hamburger patty or the best rump steak of your life. Want pickle? You can get nasty gherkins or fantastic Sauerkraut. Want vegetables? Hahahaaaa no.

Are you a parrot?

>And the point was to travel around, not only to Poland

No need, all the gormless Poles come here and scrub our toilets and bring their worthless cuisine with them.

>The absolute state of yurofag "banter"

Man that's just disappointing, arent you guys supposed to be good at this?

Are you a maggot?

Are you a faggot?