Have I been meme'd? This guy writes dogshit dialogue and is worse at dialects than HOL UP posters...

Have I been meme'd? This guy writes dogshit dialogue and is worse at dialects than HOL UP posters. Ellis is trash but at least I can see why he despised DFW now.

His essays and later works are ok/good, but IJ and pre-IJ stuff is not great.

We're over this libcuck now. It's all about Peterson, Land, and Hitler these days

SOunds like you don't now you're in the water follow me *jumps across the reddit spacing*

welcome to the water XD

You're doing the "its not my experience so its contrived and I don't like it" thing

Don't shitpost please

youre doing the "pretentious white guy who has bought a summer cottage all the way up his own ass and he lives there year round only coming out to recommend DFW to everyone he meets" thing

DFW never met a black person in his life. Just look at his Signifying Rappers

That makes sense. I really liked one of the essays he wrote.

No I'm doing the I was very much cognizant of 1996 in 1996 and happen to be a huge tennis fan too and this guy strikes me as the penultimate version of that kid with literary aspirations that attempted to compensate for his lack of creativity with diction and syntax thing. TEE BEE EYCH family I am enjoying parts of the book but there's just as much garbage as there is genius in it.

so I should strive to post more like @9841526?

>compensate for lack of creativity with diction and syntax
I now know OP is just shitposting. Move on with you daily lives. Thing to see here.

>@9841526
holy shit you're good

You have to read THE WHOLE THING to understand why it's so BRILLIANT.

*giggle*

DFW is like Orwell in that his nonfiction is vastly superior to his fiction.

I'm 2 chapters in and homeless

Arl
95%+ of lit is "pretentious white guys"

they're both hacks

IJ is literally the only novel I just put down.
And I agree, I don't see how you can mess up ebonics that bad.

these are the retards you post with

Uhmmmm, I think you may have accidentally included me? Could you please delete your post as I am obviously not a retard and my post reflects that.

I haven't read any DFW yet, but I want to, even if just for the experience. Is Infinite Jest really the best place to start? Or do his essays do him justice before starting IJ?

>non-native English speaker defending DFW

Telling.

Wardine be cry

I think he's an important figure in the sense that he veered away from postmodernism and gave a good critique of it and tried to start something new, and I applaud that. But he wasn't redpilled so he didn't get the full picture and the new sincerity thing was a bandage on a bullet wound. He laid some important groundwork and while some of his writing even in IJ is very good, it's just too pretentious.

>lack of creativity
wut