Poetry/lyric metaphors that you never understood. OP starts

Poetry/lyric metaphors that you never understood. OP starts.
Who the joker and the thief were supposed to be?

Dylan the joker
His manager is the thief

I don't know

The joker is the loser who is beaten down by life. The guy just getting by. The thief is a hustler who has enough energy to cheat other people but not enough to make it.

I can explain it more if this isn't bait.

OP here. This isn't bait at all, please continue

Oh fuck I love that songs lyrics and dylans version is the best, hendrix's is mediocre.
I always thought that
>Businessmen, they drink my wine
Was wife instead of wine for some reason.

Woman!
You know you're a woman!
You got to be a woman!
I got the feeling of love!

- Guitar Hero 3

>all the truth in the world adds up to one big lie
what did he mean by this?

Ok the Joker is a sort of down and out kind of guy. He blames others like the rich and the rednecks for his problems. (That's the businessmen and plowmen). He thinks that no one gets it all except him but still all he does is fuck around.

The Thief is a hustler, he's always fine with the way things are because he can get along with them. He's a nihilist (life is but a joke). But he just naturally cons everyone he meets hence the end of his verse (where he's conning the joker).

all the truth in the world adds up to one big lie
I think he means to say, the world is everything that is the case, what is the case (a fact) is the existence of states of affair, a logical picture of facts is a thought, a thought is a proposition with a sense, a proposition is a truth-function of elementary propositions. (An elementary proposition is a truth-function of itself.), The general form of a proposition is the general form of a truth function, which is: {\displaystyle [{\bar {p}},{\bar {\xi }},N({\bar {\xi }})]} [\bar p,\bar\xi, N(\bar\xi)], this is the general form of a proposition, whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

>I lit a thin green candle, to make you jealous of me
>But the room just filled up with mosquitos
>They heard that my body was free
Why thin and green?
Why would it make them jealous?
Why mosquitos?
New to cohen so any help would help me greatly.

It's thin and green because it's weak and envious.
Mosquitoes are blood (or vital energy) suckers.
His body was free because it was uncared for.

I should explain that mosquitoes are usually repelled by flame, but in this case they're attracted to it. The reason is the candle is ironic (he's weak and envious not the person he's casting the spell on). So the result is ironic.

>You better listen, listen to me
>She's gonna set you free oh oh yeah
The man is advised to seek a woman, to love and to free him from the suffering that comes with mortality

>You've come looking for me, like I've got to set you free
>You know I can't free nobody,
The woman however, though the man does beg her to free him, knows that neither carnal pleasures nor even human closeness can ever really ease another humans suffering for longer than the most passing of moments

OP again. Shit,I liked the explanation, thx

Who the heck is the jack of hearts?

you're kind of just describing the ideology you believe each character has and not really interpreting the song as a whole here.

He didn't ask me about the song as a whole, he asked me about the characters.

The song is about how life goes on because the dreamers are passive and the clever cheat each other.

Have you read Gadamer?

>Bitch, real G's move in silence like lasagna
????????????????????????????????

joker is your dad and the thief is me

The g is lasagna is silent.

Not really, it's spoken as a "y" sound. You wouldn't pronounce "lasagna" as "lasana".

It's not really something I haven't understood, as, well, this. In Molina by CCR, there's a line that goes:
>driving in a blue car, she don't see no red light
which yeah, she's a rebel child, but I misheard it the first time thinking it said
>driving in a blue car, she don't need no red one
which I think is much better, because it implies she has everyone's attention. It gives her way more personality suddenly, and makes her kind of cool.
I just like it better, okay? Any it's something I get frustrated by so much. That they're not the real lyrics.

misheard lyrics are hell.

actually had a dream I was talking to him last night

he was actually a really cool dude

too bad he sounds like that when he sings though

Read the Isaiah

unironically this

Let's start a war
Start a nuclear war
At the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar!

I said do ya,
Ah, do ya have any money
I wanna spend all your money
At the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar!

Verily makes thou ponder.

I prefer

Fire in the disco
Fire in the taco bell
Fire in the disco
Fire in the gates of hell

Don't you want to know how we keep starting fires?
It's my desire, It's my desire, It's my desire

Pretty ironic for a nignog who can't seem to shut the fuck up.

>The sun's not yellow, it's chicken
Is there any point to his line other than Dylan showing us that he can do word play?

Bob Dylan was perhaps the single biggest force in normalizing soods and this thread, like all lyrics threads, is off topic.