Sorting your reading list

How do you sort your backlog, Veeky Forums?

I'm trying to make a huge spreadsheet of my books but having a lot of difficulty organizing it. Is there a way to sort all this by year WITHOUT looking up the publish date of each one individually?

Other urls found in this thread:

acatulsa.org/classical-education/resources/recommended-reading-lists
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

..No?

I didn't know if there was some magic site that could help me or something. Surely there's something out there.

I just pick one at random. Rarely do I have any reading plan and if so it's only about three books ahead.

goodreads

Even if there was some sort of magic website, you would still have to look up the names of the books.

Or, you could just pay someone to do it, websites like that exist.

I don't understand why you're sorting them like so. Isn't the point of a backlog to tell what you're reading next?

Subconsciously

Well...I guess it is.

no seriously op get an account, add all the books you can, and then make a dedicated goodreads thread so the Veeky Forums folks can add you. always like to see new faces.

Easy to do with a few lines of code. Learn some programming.

Yeah that's a great solution, user, thanks...

I pick the next book depending on how I feel after reading the last book. Sometimes I want something similar, sometimes I want something completely different, usually the latter. I don't see the point in making a plan unless I'm trying to learn about a subject.

Bullshit. There is no way to know the years the books were published with or without code had he not looked them up.

Indexing stuff is a genius way to do stuff. Going to start doing this.

my to-read list is just a giant wishlist on Amazon.

I don't track what I have read other than keeping the books that I liked and getting rid of the ones I didn't

Just get to work, bruh.

Terrible idea. Sort your book list or library AFTER reading unless you're following a specific goal besides "read all da bookz". I learned this the hard way. You will not have enough intelligence, knowledge, and wisdom to do this unless you've been an industrious autodidact for over a decade. Get to reading!

I use evernote on my phone and have several lists i update all the time.

Reading list, recommended restaurants, to do, shopping, gift ideas, etc.

Then about once i week i sit down and reflect on how out of hand my life is getting.

I just read whatever I feel like next.

So you want to make a to do list to feel you've done something instead of doing it? user, we all like our autism here, but please, just pick up a book and read.

On a further note: How can you already know in which order to read? Last book I picked gave me seven new books to further deepen my knowledge and interests before going on with the topic. Making a list of specific books instead of something rough like a red thread for chronology and understanding the subject is contraproductiv and shows that you don't really know what you are doing.

Just read about things you are interested in, for example recent history. Start with some basic histroy stuff which doesn't expect much knowledge, like "From Dawn to Decadence". Once you're through you know which time has interested you the most, so you check up the book marks and buy the recommended books. You cross the bridge when you come to it.

Another way is to check some "classical education" reading lists, which are usually sorted depending on your skill level. For example: acatulsa.org/classical-education/resources/recommended-reading-lists

Reading shit just to be able to claim you have read it is the definition of beeing a pseud.

I just pick something from my shelf I find interesting.
Usually multiple books, and I start all of them, I drop all but two usually