Chef John uses Ghirardelli chocolate to make his chocolate barks

>Chef John uses Ghirardelli chocolate to make his chocolate barks

Is he a pleb?

i feel like you might be

chef john isnt a chef, first of all. secondly, fuck this thread.

not as pleb as you

You dont need to use the best quality shit for ingredients. Its the end product that matters. You could make something with 5 one dollar ingredients, but end up with a product that tastes like 50 bucks.

Who gives a shit if its gir. chocolate? I can 100% guarantee you that if I placed a 5 dollar chocolate bar in front of you and a 500 dollar bar you literally couldnt tell the different.

Really bad advice here.

In what way? You really dont need to use the best ingreidents ever to get a good product. If you use some absolutely shit tier products, yeah maybe youll end up with a not so great end result. But if you use some typical shoprite tier ingredients youll end up with a good/great end result.

Using good quality ingredients is one of most fundamental doctrines of cooking.

sure... until you operate a restaurant that needs to make a profit. thats where cooking skill comes into play. you turn literal shit into gold and make some money.

Lower cost ingredients are not the same as "shit ingredients." There are certain ingredients you can get that are still good quality despite being lower cost.

You are busy this retarded
First of all cooking isn't about spending more money making a meal than it would cost to eat it in a high end restaurant, it's about a bunch of dirt poor farmers who hundreds of years ago where forced to drink milk Wich constantly made them sick or else they would starve or trying to find more uses for potatoes because the entire country was in famine or finding some way of seasoning your food when you where able to trade with india
But if all you are doing is melting chocolate and adding nuts to it then. You need good chocolate nigga, it's pretty much the only fucking ingredient there

>John Mitzewich graduated from Paul Smith's College, New York, in 1983. He received an Associate of Applied Science Degree, with Honors, in Culinary Arts/Chef Training, and was also honored as the school's 1983 "Outstanding Chef Training Student.".[4] He "held just about every position possible in the food industry" including Executive Sous Chef at the Carnelian Room, Sous Chef at Ryan's Café, and Garde Manger at the San Francisco Opera. Chef John was a Chef Instructor at the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco for five years before leaving to focus on teaching people to cook online.

i stand corrected. thats pretty damn impressive, honestly. god bless chef john.

>I use pic related for all my chocolate needs, get em on clearance after Easter for 25 cents each. When you're just using them as ingredients, you can't tell the difference between these and a $5 bar of chocolate. You guys are suckers!

(((Mitzewich)))

There's a yuge Ghirardelli chcoclate factory in SF. It's the local stuff, bruh

He makes more money from youtube than he did, but he is classically trained and worked in a ton of restaurants

Visiting San Francisco is like being on the set of "The Walking Dead", in terms of avoiding everyone with needles in their arms or AIDS flowing out of their pores.

ghiradelli is decent. better than nestle or tollhouse chips or hershey's

Ghirardelli is pretty mediocre stuff, bruh. Chef John is just showing his age. There was an era where it was basically the best you could get.
>I went to the mission district and it was the first time I saw a poor person

sow hat chocolate do you recommendingsa?

iwo u lds ay tryvalr hona ,, , . itsu suallypr ettyea sy t ofind an dbettert hangh irard elli

I jsut asekd a smilpe qstoeiun. IF you thnik taht Giaehrldli is mcreiode coactohle, tehn waht bnrad do you ssgeugt?

re adingco mp reh ension,d oy ouha vit?

dydem fycj yiy u asjed a sunoke qyestuibm hyst guve ne a danb fycjubg abswer

Nah, it was for a gift. He must have pleb friends and know what they are into.

Literally against the rules

Polish isn't necessarily deserving of "((()))"

You have to do a lot to mediocre ingredients to make them good, but you barely have to do anything to good ingredients to make them great.

As I read on in this thread I unironically thought I was having a stroke for a sec

what is against the rules?

do sdkinh s dimplr wurdyion id shsiny hr tulrd. you loy str yhr onrd eho str skinh yhr pidd yhid eholr yhtrsf.

>Is he a pleb?
If you need to ask you dont need to know

that's not legally chocolate user
see yourself out

-ich isn't polish, it's Yugoslav

-ski or -cki is Polish

-sky is Russian

>Chocolate isn't chocolate

t. Millennial retard

Why does Ghirardelli tastes like nothing to me?

>I went to the mission district and it was the first time I saw a poor person

Kek

Just say out of the Haight at night