What cookware/dinnerware/flatware do you use? what are good brands...

what cookware/dinnerware/flatware do you use? what are good brands? from what i've read stainless steel is the best for cookware.

Other urls found in this thread:

knivesandstones.com/sukenari-zdp-189-damascus-gyuto-270mm/
yourhome.de/p/Kochgeschirr-Set-WMF-Inspiration-CromarganEdelstahl-Rostfrei-18-10-Induktion-11-teilig/10040307651/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhfmylaSR2AIVTDPTCh1QvgI3EAYYAiABEgJ1cPD_BwE#layer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

- cast iron skillet from the local thrift store
- stainless pan with some depth to it
- teflon/nonstick pan
- large and small pot
- enamel dutch oven

>from what i've read stainless steel is the best for cookware
From a price for performance perspective.

From pure performance perspective copper with silver lining would perform much better, but a single pan would cost as much as an entire set of stainless.

the best type of cookware depends on what you're cooking.

silver is still finicky, not as bad as tin but still bad. stainless lined copper has the best performance while remaining practical. inb4 but I'm poor. somehow this board has enough for booze and fast food but can't manage the self control to buy decent cookware, I wonder why

The saying goes "the best camera is the one you have with you" and I think that applies to cookware as well.

>the best type of cookware depends on what you're cooking.
precisely. Non-stick for eggs and low temperature stuff like sauces, cast iron or carbon steel for meat and fried stuff, stainless for pretty much anything else.

>cast iron or carbon steel for meat and fried stuff
that isn't really true though, for anything stovetop that cast iron can do well, aluminum can do better

it's just that aluminum cookware manufacturing is still evolving since all clad had many of the patents for such a long time and innovation was restricted

eventually people will figure out that a truly thick aluminum pan, lined with steel, is the ideal for steaks and muh hamboigahs. such a pan does not exist, but even a moderately heavy lined pan (like all clad MC2) or very heavy unlined aluminum (eagleware) is still better than carbon steel. problem is you need the lining to make it versatile

>for anything stovetop that cast iron can do well, aluminum can do better

That's bullshit and you know it.

Frankly I doubt that. the reason cast iron and carbon steel are always recommended for frying things if you want a nice crust is the fact that they have a very high infrared emissivity. Much higher than stainless steel and I'll wager higher than aluminium too.

no, it’s because they were historically very cheap and people were afraid to warp their luxury pans with high heat

OP's pic is what i use mainly. I also use a cast iron skillet and a cast iron wok.. as for cutlery i have a $1400 wusthof knife set

>owning a knife set
you probably shouldn’t admit that to people you’re trying to have a valid opinion on food in front of

>$1400 wusthof knife set
Kek unless it was a graduation gift or wedding present what the fuck are you doing?
You should be buying individual knives

why? i use all of them but the fillet knife because i cant get fresh fish where i live.. I also have various other knives as well, but having a block of high quality knives is great, easy, and convenient.

$1400 isnt a lot of money for me.

$1400 would've gotten you a decent single knife made of some decent super steel

Instead you got memes

i also have a 9" birchwood Miyabi($300-$400 range), but i like my wusthof better..

>Miyabi
Nigger that's literally zwillings

>miyabi
That's worse than Shun.

Stop buying name brand commercial shit.

There are plenty of American, European, or Japanese blade smiths who'll make a knife of much higher quality.

Why own a cookie cutter $300-400 knife when you could have a custom (or semi custom) made knife for not that much more.

still designed and created in Japan tho. i dont see the problem..

In your opinion what japanese made knife should i own then? price doesnt matter

knivesandstones.com/sukenari-zdp-189-damascus-gyuto-270mm/

beautiful.. I may pick one up

ZDP-189 is considered a "super" steel as it's very hard like high carbon steels but still manages to maintain its stainless properties making it easier to take care of than other Japanese blades.

nobody uses that shit you dumb faggot

Sure they do, just not in a commercial setting.

There are plenty of rich home chefs who buy that shit.

>nonstick pan
Fucking casuals.

where are her nipples?

>cookware
I have a set of All Clad pots and pans. Going to pick up one of those cast iron enameled dutch ovens (maybe a Staub) hopefully at a nice discount when the after Christmas sales hit.

>dinnerware
A low end set from Crate and Barrel.

>flatware
A nice looking but cheap set I got from Macys (or maybe it was William and Sonoma)

>Cookware
I have a set of nice All-Clad stainless and a few nonstick/cast iron from various manufacturers. Use the stainless typically but sometimes the others work better
>Dinnerware
Denby earthenware my grandparents left me
>Flatware
Oneida, not sure what style

why is cookware so fucking expensive? A set from all-clad is like $600 what the fuck is the point of this shit

because you're a dumbass who looks for cookware in sets at williams-sonoma

buy singles online or at discount stores like ross or marshalls. they'll have tiny scratches on them so you get a 75% discount, plus you can get the pieces you need instead of paying for dumb useless shit like spaghetti pots

Good cookware transfers heat to the cooking surface quickly and evenly over the entire cooking surface. Cheaper cookware will heat up unevenly causing cold and hot spots in your pan. And cheaper cookware will also generally not last nearly as long.

And $600 for an all-clad set is dirt cheap.

Their 5-ply copper core stuff will run you $1000+ for a 10 piece set.

>because you're a dumbass who looks for cookware in sets at williams-sonoma

Lol, good luck finding a set of 5-play all-clad for under $700, even if you're buying on-sale individual pieces you'll be spending $500+

>5-play
ply

>Their 5-ply copper core stuff will run you $1000+ for a 10 piece set.
how fucking dumb do you have to be to buy a 10 piece all clad copper core set? it's under 1mm total copper, meanwhile you can pick up a 10 piece falk set (2.5mm copper) for basically the same money

in any case buying copper sets is soccer mom shit. copper is useful on large diameter pans used for frying and sauteeing, for candy pots, and for sauce pans. not the type of shit that takes up half the pieces in a set, like stock pots or whatever.

>you can pick up a 10 piece falk set (2.5mm copper) for basically the same money
Try $500 more minimum

I don't need luck. Even through fairly mainstream channels you can get a d5 saucepan for $130, a fry pan for $80, and saute pan for $200 - with lids except for the fry pan.

Or if you don't want to pay the retard tax, you go through less mainstream channels like those discount stores, where they'll be sans lid. You then buy a generic lid from a restaurant supply store for 10 bucks.

$1560 minus $1400 does not equal $500

were you home schooled by evangelical christians?

>you can get a d5 saucepan for $130
yeah the smallest one
>a fry pan for $80
Yeah an 8" maybe, good if you're just making yourself a small meal, not good if you're actually cooking for people
>saute pan for $200
Again, for the smallest size they sell, sure. For the 6-qt? nope.

And even then, that's still 50-60% of the cost and you've only acquired half the 10-piece set.

Except you can get the all-clad for ~$1000 by buying individual pieces, you can't do that with Falk.

I dont know how it is in the US, but here in Germany sets are MASSIVELY cheaper than individual pieces. Like, half or a third the price. And I could find perfectly good stuff for €150 or so, that buys you four pots and a skillet.

>yeah the smallest one
ok, so $150. or just get superior performing MC2 like a sane person, D5 is performance-compromised for niche scenarios like induction
>that's still 50-60% of the cost
sorry for trying to save user hundreds of dollars
>you've only acquired half the 10-piece set.
why are you so fixated on 10-piece sets? is this some kind of soccer mom keeping up with the joneses thing? the point of cookware is to cook with, not to replicate what rachel's hubby bought her for channukkah

Like this:
yourhome.de/p/Kochgeschirr-Set-WMF-Inspiration-CromarganEdelstahl-Rostfrei-18-10-Induktion-11-teilig/10040307651/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhfmylaSR2AIVTDPTCh1QvgI3EAYYAiABEgJ1cPD_BwE#layer
And WMF is one of the most reputable brands in germany.

yeah but the all clad copper core series still sucks. the point of buying all clad is that they're good at aluminum+stainless steel. that shit is reverware-tier ''''copper'''' at all-clad prices. you're imagining them to somehow be similar tier products, but it's just bose-tier scam cookware for people who don't know any better.

The all-clad copper is good if you don't want the maintenance of copper but still want the ability to quickly adjust the temperature of your pan.

With the all-clad copper core when you remove the pan from the heat, it starts to cool down much faster than the normal all-clad stuff, or the MC2 stuff. Similarly, when you put the pan on the heat the copper core all-clad will heat up quicker.

I personally wouldn't buy an entire 10-piece set in copper core simply because it's a waste of money. BUT, the copper core for a sautee pan or a frying pan does make sense if you know what you're doing and are looking for more precise temp control.

>the maintenance of copper
what "maintenance"? are you referring to tinned copper which nobody in his right mind would buy for general cooking? or are you under the erroneous impression that copper needs to be autistically polished every time you get a drop of water on it?

also, the "copper core" with the all clad is basically placebo considering the bulk of the pan's construction is something other than copper. the "fast response" comes from having a thin pan

>the "fast response" comes from having a thin pan
It's the same thickness as their stainless and MC2. It just has about 1mm of copper.