What's the point of even writing anymore? Literature is no longer significant. No, you will not be a Tolstoy, a Joyce...

what's the point of even writing anymore? Literature is no longer significant. No, you will not be a Tolstoy, a Joyce, a Shakespeare. The time of literary men being significant, of literature being significant, is over. Literature is nothing but a sad cult of people uneilling to let go of the past. You will be writing just for other writers and literary posers. You will not effect more than a handful of people. Your work will be forgotten, as all modern literature is being, except by a very select few people. The audience you wish to connect with is gone. Writing is, and will forever be, nothing more than shouting into an empty void. Literature will close ever in on itself, becoming more and more of a niche, until it is swallowed up and all the hours spent toiling away at your masterpiece, all the sweaty nights spent toiling over a countless number of tomes, all the poems memorized and words and poetic devices learned and mastered -- all of it will be lost to the dust. Quit before it is too late.

Let's face it women and liberals have ruined all art

No, literature and art were ruined beforehand thanks to the (((Enlightenment))) and that's why it was given to women and liberals

This is true for people who even have John Green images on their pc.

t. the next Joyce
I'm looking forward to your mindblowing masterpiece that will surely shock the whole globe!

Nah.

There's more people alive than ever. There's more people speaking English than ever. Things that are considered "dying" still have strong niche audiences. Humans will be obsolete soon anyways. Who the fuck cares what you think? Who the fuck cares what I think? Books still get moobies

Fuck I can hear him saying it

No-- jews and the jewish publishing industry have promoted women, non whites, and various other assortments of the liberal potpourri to take it out of the hands of the white men who do it best and in turn ruin art. This is one of the many reasons why whites must regain solidarity and deal with the jewish problem.

Believe what you want to believe, if it keeps you going. But literature will never be at the status it was before the internet and cult of scientism invaded the world, and is only declining. Also, nice tweenage level nihilist philosophy

wrong board, mate

>what's the point of even living anymore?
fixed it for you op

As an animator I can disagree entirely.

Goodbye, brainlet. That's quite enough mainstream thought for one day.

and why does the fact that you spend your time creating cartoons for little children give you extra authority on this subject?

I'm sorry you're trapped in youtube. I haven't even read Joyce honestly.

can any of you smug faggots even give a simple argument? or are you going to keep pretending like you're so above it all, like literary is doing completely fine? are you seriously that delusional?

Literally the Jews

So what do we do? Write John Green type literature and make a youtube channel?

I write because the stories I want to experience just aren't being told the way I expect them to be told.

if you write for anything other than your own pleasure you're a hack.

>no user has been able to refute this

I like John Green

He's a nice honest clever guy and he's the best YA writer around

His vlogbrothers thing is a character, he's much more of an adult then he comes off as. Watch some of the videos of him back in college talking about moderating an axe murderer or some of the better Thoughts from Places videos.

Sure YA is bad but I sure did like it when I was 14. You probably did too. Admit it.

elitism is a waste of time, folks.

in the future memes will replace poetry and literature.
in the future the real is replaced by the unreal.

>No, you will not be a Tolstoy
Pffff

Simply as that I share the same reason. However every time I found a new overtone while reading, appears the desire of perfection it and explore its possibilities, just for that I write. Art will never die because people will always find new ways.

yeah i bet they said that when rome fell huh but guess what nigger lotta boys kept writing and wrote some good shit man

Or, you can escape these narratives, which, ket me remind you, are always created AFTER the writer's career.
Truth being told, you look at the literary world and you see no great eminent name, and you think "Damn, art is dead", without realizjng that this lack of eminent names is in itself a great opportunity. If there's no Joyce, that's a blessing for every author and its art.

I don't believe this.

I bet OP lifts for girls

i guess i didnt notice we are in a board that discusses a lot of dead people.

yes, nihilism
nothing means anything
commit suislide

The art-gorm with biggest potential and popularity in society rn are videogames, this is where the high IQ geniuses of our times are flocking including me. It's dynamic and requires multi-faceted talent to create one.

Jews didn't partake in the Enlightenment dude they were mostly isolated from European culture and intellectual movements in their shtetls. Thinkers like Moses Mendelson became a catalyst for Jewish integration, but this was late in the timeline of the period known as "The Enlightenment"

>0 legitimate arguments, with one retard spewing really stupid shit

Guess you guys really should quit writing.

Can you /pol/tards fuck off back to your own board? Jesus Christ.

This desu. I'm already creating my minimalist masterpiece about squares moving in circular patterns with a dynamic dodecaphonic soundtrack.

My book will prove you wrong
Just wait

What do you think literature is for? There are people who enjoy reading and analyzing texts. It's not to SHOCK THE GLOBE!! Go away you fucking /pol/ack troll.

>what's the point of even writing anymore?

I dunno. What's the point? I guess if you don't have an answer, then there isn't one.

>0 arguments

If you don't think there's a point in writing, then whatever, I guess there isn't one.

Nobody is obliged to hold your hand and guide you towards meaning. So whatever, there's no point, give up. Hell you probably shouldn't have even gotten into it with that attitude. It truly makes no difference to me, who finds a lot of meaning in it.

>anons offer multiple arguments
>hurr 0 arguments!!
Buy that helium tank already. It doesn't even matter if you're sincere or just baiting, you are pathetic and insufferable either way.

awww did I trigger mommys big boy writer?? I know momma told you ur gonna be a super smart writer man when you grow up, but it's not going to happen. no one cares about your writing

I find it entirely plausible nobody cares about yours. I'm at least published, so at least a few people care.

Protestantism was supported by various banks/Jews and the Ottomams, Protestantism is the basis for the Enlightenment.

the same is said in literally every other medium of art.
>MUSIC IS DEAD TOO MUCH AUTOTUNE TOP 40 SUCKS
>MOVIES ARE DEAD CINEMATIC UNIVERSE AND CGI
>BOOKS ARE DEAD JOHN GREEN AND YA
shut the fuck up, im sick of people being so bitchy. its survived this long, it will continue to survive, you're not special for liking the classics and writing fancy prose. every generation has doomsday shit like this.
>but, muh classics arent written anymore
no shit. do you not understand what a "classic" is? do you nor know that the naming of something as a "classic" requires time and retrospection and does not instantly happen?

lmfao. I'm not a writer, because I don't want to be trapped in a delusional past. I respect literature and the great writers of the past, but literature is dying, and the upcoming writers of this generation need to recognize this sad truth. Instead, we have role-players like many of the anons on Veeky Forums acting like they will one day become the next great member of the Western Canon and will be immortalized forever. As I said, these days are past. The days of the great artist and the great literary man are over. Don't kid yourself. Find subjective meaning in writing if you want, I don't care, but know that these days, there are much greater ambitions, more realistic ambitions in life to reach for. Essentially, as long as you know your place, I don't care. But it's pathetic and painful to see all these deluded, immature teens and their "literary ambitions" on this website.

>I'm not a writer

Then why do you even give a shit?

>but literature is dying

And so what if it is?

>But it's pathetic and painful to see all these deluded, immature teens and their "literary ambitions" on this website.

I don't really see any of those on here. Most people here don't actually have literary ambitions, and if they do it's usually to be a shitty fantasy writer or something.

In any case, it doesn't seem like you really have a dog in the fight, so....maybe you should move on to something more productive.

you sound like a sad old man. not everybody has to be as miserable as you to be "enlightened". Ambition is different than delusion.
Also, can somebody tell me why exactly everybody seems to think literature is dying? Not as many people read? Quality of writing has gone down? What? Because we live in one of the most literate times in history, and there's always going to be shit thats popular.

Terrible arguments. Literature and its readership are in a steep decline. I'm talking about actual good literature. And this isn't just about the quality of literature. There are some good books being written, sure. The point is is that no one will give a shit. Tell yourself as much as you want that "I write for the pure artistic purpose of writing for writing's sake," and maybe you do, but it is human nature to want to be recognized for your accomplishments, and with the lack of interest in literature comes an even greater lack of ambition. How long can people continue to write books just for themselves and a handful of people? How long can they spend their lives in such lonely insignificance, for a single ideal? I admire them, on some level, for doing so, but as a human acceptant of my faults and shortcomingns, I know that I, and most other people, would not want to be them. Part of the thing that drove the great literary men of the past, like Joyce, for instance, was the significance put in literature by society, the sense of being "immortalized." And this is no longer possible.

your argument is sort of leaving out the fact that people actually do write and get recognized in modern times.

You're also putting way too much emphasis on the past in thinking that all classic writers knew they were going to be classic writers and did it to be immortalized, when most of them didn't give a shit about posterity and were just writing to keep food on the table.

In short, you have some bizarre notions about the past, and present.

It's also strange how much you care about this, when you say you don't really care about it.

>no one will give a shit
citation needed.
>handful of other people
again, you are not special for reading the "good" books, dude. theres lots of people who enjoy reading "good" literature. is it a relatively small number? maybe. but again, every artform has the "i like the REAL art" people, and those people are the most vocal and passionate and instrumental in the communities. if a work is good, truly good, people will find it and enjoy it.
also, not enjoying the projection of "IF YOU WRITE """"LITERATURE"""" YOU MUST WANT TO BE IMMORTALIZED IN THE WESTERN CANON" shit.