What's essential dog literature? Can anyone provide a chart?

What's essential dog literature? Can anyone provide a chart?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vU_1mtf42_0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

travels with charlie is comfy as heck

It's all super sad just pet doggos don't read about them

I have no dogs to pet, just give me this essential comfort. I demand a dog chart.

>Old Yeller
>Where the Red Fern Grows
>The Door by Szabo
>Investigations of a Dog by Kafka
>The Brothers Karamazov by Dosto
Also Virginia wrote a short story from the perspective of a dog but I don't remember what it's called

Are there any dog stories where the dog doesn't die?

Woolf and Kafka's short stories.
Also the dog doesn't die in Bros K but if you're sensitive to that sort of thing at all I'd definitely steer clear. that dog does not have a good time.

This.

donna haraway, when species meet

Trueeeeeee. Poor Koyla

Heart of a Dog
Call of the Wild

Unbearable Lightness of Being

Has anyone read this?

Dear Veeky Forums,
you suck and I hate you.

Sincerely, user

you suck

and I hate you

OP here keep hating on each other, it's very productive

Kujo

I once met an autistic girl with a saint named cujo as her helper dog. It was hilarious but also terrifying.

Hank the cowdog

The Art of Racing in The Rain. Dont be fooled by the surface level mom-core aesthetics, it's good.

DOGGO NO! SOMONE POKE A HOLE IN THAT PLASTIC! THEY CAN'T BREATHE!

Thomas Mann wrote a short stories translated either as "a man and his dog" or "bashan and I".
It's a great story about Mann's relationship with his dog.

Why the FUCK do people like these dogs? They have disgusting pig skin; nigger-tier aggression and bad temperament; and their solid, stocky build is just not as appealing as other dog breeds.

The thing is, most people don't choose their dogs on the grounds of how sexy they find them.

Came to post this, although my autism forces me to point out its Charley, not Charlie

the dog's name is zhuchka

why would you want them not to?
cats > dogs

My Dog Beau

#AllPupsMatter

i feel like whoever is behind the marketing of that breed is an underrated business genius because people fucking LOVE those dogs even though they are vile beasts that can go bezerk and kills children and manlets at any moment, the democrats love to bitch about the nra and gun rights lobby, but i'd like to know who is the business interest that blocks legislation banning that breed, somebody trying to make their "investigative journalist" bones should do a book on it

This is objectively true. Dogs are terrible animals and useless pets.

Evidence of Veeky Forums's shit taste

read the greeks

Anna K has one chapter written from a doggo POV

fuck off fagget

i don't read books about dogs but they're really cute

Hmm. I never thought of it like that.

Dogwalker is insane. Read it.

CRASH!

That story Chekhov wrote about a dog who wanders off.

People like them precisely because they are aggressive, they think it gives them "tough guy" status to walk around with such a dog.

One my first books was about two kids adopting or finding, whatever, a doggo. pic relkated
would reread if i find in onlino

Holy...I want more.

Post more C U T E D O G S

A boy and his dog.

pic related has a dog in a unusual but interesting way, and although the dog is always present on the novel it is not exactly a book about "a dog"

/thread coming through here

TOP all time dog lit is 'Letters to Strongheart'. Forty some letters written to a dead dog. Strongheart was one of the first animal movie stars. Pre-Rin-Tin-Tin. He was a screen legend. In Brawn of the North there is a close-up in which Strongheart cries following the death of his master. Woe to the one who believes those weren't real tears. I thought that no one else knew about this book, and then in a conversation with my friend Susan Orleans (who is writing the definitive work on Rin-Tin-Tin - I think it's part of an American Masters series), we realized that we both know and love - love, love, love - this book. What deeper or more satisfying relationship can you imagine than one with a dead dog? Particularly a dead dog that you never met in real life? (I like dog stories, but please Mr. Steinbeck, no more travelogues with the poodle.)

Vid is someone reading a passage

Plague Dogs - movie and book

/thread coming through here

TOP all time dog lit is 'Letters to Strongheart'. Forty some letters written to a dead dog. Strongheart was one of the first animal movie stars. Pre-Rin-Tin-Tin. He was a screen legend. In Brawn of the North there is a close-up in which Strongheart cries following the death of his master. Woe to the one who believes those weren't real tears. What deeper or more satisfying relationship can you imagine than one with a dead dog? Particularly a dead dog that you never met in real life? (I like dog stories, but please Mr. Steinbeck, no more travelogues with the poodle.)

Vid is someone reading a passage

Cats are infinitely more Veeky Forums.

meow

None.

Cats are better than dogs.

Let me tell of you of the most beautiful story I know. A man was given a dog, which he loved very much. The dog went with him everywhere, but the man could not teach it to do anything useful. The dog would not fetch or point, it would not race or protect or stand watch. Instead the dog sat near him and regarded him, always with that same inscrutable expression. "That's not a dog, it's a wolf." said the man's wife. "He alone is faithful to me." said the man, and his wife never discussed it with him again. One day the man took his dog with him into his private airplane and as they flew over high winter mountains the engines failed and the airplane was torn to shreds among the trees. The man lay bleeding, his belly torn open by blades of sheared metal, steam rising from his organs in the cold air, but all he could think of was his faithful dog. Was he alive? Was he hurt? Imagine his relief when the dog came padding up and regarded him with that same steady gaze. After an hour the dog nosed the man's gaping abdomen, then began pulling out intestines and spleen and liver and gnawing on them, all while studing the man's face. "Thank God." said the man. "At least one of us will not starve."

-From the God Whispers of Han Qing-Jao

cats are Veeky Forums

no

that cat can't even read!

If you cannot appreciate liberty in all things, including choice of a meme breed, then you are not to be considered a human being.

havent read this since i was a kid who knows where my copy is.

The Leopard is a classic work, with an important dog

Uh obvious

Seriously, niggas?

What breed is this? A pitbull? Excuse my stupidity.

theyre cheap
they also serve as a deterrent for would-be trespassers
hence, poor people buy them in droves

Fucking whoah

bulgakov's heart of a dog
also, the odyssey.

odysseus' pup recognizes him as he returns home. so wholesome. i forget if he dies or not.