pretty neat/10, havent finished yet

Dracula

comfy/10

The Great Gatsby
Pretty good/10

Dubliners

Alright/10

I think it was too subtle for me

herman philipse - god in the age of science?
4,5/5

I have too much David Chalmersian leanings to give too much credit to his arguments for the incoherence of a bodiless person (consciousness insofar as we know only supervenes on nervous systems etc). As immaterial God could supposedly affect the universe like a programmer would without manifesting himself inside the creation, whether we could have epistemic access to said acts is another issue. Other than his utter annihilation of Plantinga's and Swinburne's cases was entertaining, he had some savage burns every now and then as well. I also wish he had spent some more pages on the problem of evil since it's arguably the best argument vs god, followed by hiddenness.

Otherwise his*

Zettel's Traum

(: ? – : ? ! ! –)) out of + C(o)unty Cunt))

>rating out of 5
stupid

Do something about it

Knausgaard - My Struggle: Volume One

3.5/5

>Knowledge: A Very Short Introduction.

5.5. Excellent introduction to epistemology. Very easy to read and follow through, and I feel like I have learned as much as a 1000 page non-fiction tome in under 120 pages.

I just started the one on metaphysics, them i'm going in on some primary texts like Descartes, Leibniz and Spinoza (I got a book with all three).

The Iliad

5/5

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

mediocre/5

>Beren and Luthien
>3
Tolkien Jr. jewed us.

Joseph and his Brothers (Part I)
bible/10

Margarita and the master
3/5

"The Conquest of Happiness" by Bertrand Russell

boring-yet-slightly-insightful?/10

4/5, and my problems with it were tied up with a great afterwards by Richard Evans

Dead Souls
4.5/5

3/5

>No longer human
meh/5
couldn't sympathize with him really, it just felt like a very long /r9k/ shitpost

>afterwards

jej

Kafka on the Shore

3/5

I don't think I like Murakami

Ficciones

8/10

As I Lay Dying. Was my second Faulkner, after Sound and Fury. Hard to say which I enjoyed more, but both were easily 4/5.

Seriously Murakami is a fucking joke. Haven't read this or Wood though, so not gonna judge those, but the hype is fucking real. His books are so fucking mediocre it hurts and confuses the fuck out of me.

American psycho
4/5

Much better (and far more disturbing)than I was expecting. Bateman's autism had me frequently laughing out loud

Count of Monte cristo.
5/5

Lolita, by Nabakov.
2.5/5
Beautiful sentences, but I disliked much the experimentation; the first half and some of the second were great, but book ended too late. Ultimately, I see Lolita as a corrupting force to Humbert, but he himself is not innocent; she was ruined before he got to her; she made his Old World vices more 'American', i.e. greater in depravity with new corollaries.

The Member of the Wedding
2.5/5
A sad little story. Definitely weaker than The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, but still worth a read.

The Hobbit
4/5

>Chekhov's Forty Stories
>40/10

I don't read books.

10/10

Confessions of a Mask

4/5 didn't like it as much as Spring Snow

>JR
>5/5
what an experience

The Wild Boys
3/5, fun but gets samey, boilerplate Burroughs for the most part.

Lolita

Hebenotpedo/5

A Confederacy of Dunces

-4/10

ah man I just beat this game, loved it a lot

anyway:
>Blood Meridian
>5/5 t b h

>Anthem by Ayn Rand
>0/5

I hope you read the Empiricists companion volume to the Rationalists one you got

The old man and the sea

10/10

Just looked up the series, wow. They have a very short introduction for every single subject. Tempted to just buy 20 of them but I'll find a torrent instead.

Darconville's Cat
5/5 easy

>Qritique of pure reason.
As a priori.