How can prose even compete?

How can prose even compete?

with quad 8s or higher.
failing that prose is done.

Comics have been a dead medium in the West since 1954.

Literature died around the same time.

TV killed both.

Comics and literature are both just obscure, obsolete, niche hobbies now, not mass media.

meh

comic books are the most autistic thing ever
srsly grow the fuck up and get over your superhero hard-ons it's pathetic

-t. Alan Moore

Isn't it funny that even the genius who created this masterpiece understands are fucking infantilized man children are who worship comics, not enjoy and admire, WORSHIP, SALIVATE OVER

weak bait

By the fact you focus more on the writing in 'Watchman' than you do on the art, pleb.

"Best graphic novel of all time" is about on par with "Best volume of 'Remo Williams: the Destroyer' of all time".
And 'Watchmen' may not even be the best graphic novel.

The art in Watchmen is impeccable.

It's not even the best Alan Moore.

No, Watchmen isn't the best comic but it's great. You can't really compare comics to literature. They're different mediums. If you had to, though, compared to a literary novel, Watchmen ranks pretty high, but doesn't belong in the canon.

What would that be?

Know what cracks me up?
Alan Moore
>Didn't do well in school
>Never got much education
>Believes in shit like magic
>Retarded enough to be an anarchist
Put him in a crowd of writers?
he's the formerly-homeless man who washes dishes at a truck stop
Put him among comic book writers?
He's a towering intellect.

Comic writers are indeed stupid as shit, but Moore's working class background isn't really relevant. He's intelligent.

It was coloured by a blind gay man. Prove me wrong.

>Believes in shit like magic
I don't think that believing in magic and intellect are related. There are also a lot of stupid people that don't believe in magic.
He just seems to have some schizotypal inclinations.

>best

found the charlatans

He needs to understand his target audience in order to exploit it. Genre fiction is parasitism.

Promethea.

>magic isn't real
who let the brainlets out?

You got me. I'm a pseud.
I've only read several of his most notable works but the only one I actually liked was From Hell.

The colouring was done in the newsprint friendly style of 1950s comics for a reason. It's a part of the aesthetic and it works even if it's not too pretty.

It is if he went to a top school for the equivalent of HS and couldn't hack it, then dropped it to smoke and sell weed

Never read it.

lol no worries. A lot of his work is junk. Providence is probably better than Watchmen, though. Haven't read his prose.

these idiots couldn't study theology if they wanted to

what do you mean genre fiction, whats the difference between genre fiction and fiction