What is your retarded excuse for not using saffron in your cooking, Veeky Forums?

What is your retarded excuse for not using saffron in your cooking, Veeky Forums?

it's frickin expensive you frick

That I've yet to do a recipe that calls for it.

tastes bad

/thread

What does this stuff taste like? I'd hope that if you're expected to pay so much for it then it's some good shit.

This. It is worse than basil or coriander.

>Doesn't like cilantro
>Calls it coriander
Pasty white virgin detected

>hating basil

Go fuck yourself and your mother

Oh shit nigga I'm gonna sprinkle some saffron on my chicken nuggets.

Never used it before, can you make a case for using it?

Can you describe when it would be good to add?

>hates basil
Pretty sure that’s actually a crime in Italy. Don’t go there unless you want to see what the inside of an Italian prison looks like. Or the underside of an Italian police officer’s boot.

Don't Italians have like a 50% illiteracy rate? Couldn't you just fool your way out of any crime?

What are you just going to pretend to like basil to trick them?

how's it feel to have shit-tier taste, user?

I don't do any spanish cooking and not very much of southern french cooking.

if I ever get any land. I'll plant some and in a few years I'll have a yard full of saffron. though it takes 50 flowers to make 1 teaspoon of spice.

Butthurt turdskin detected.

Grow up, kid.

Having had 2 kilos of the stuff in my hands, I can say the material isn't all that special

it's high cost isn't related to it's quality. it cost a lot because it's rare. it's just another ingredient. kind of over rated.

It tastes like smoked ass.

what book is that?

It's $17 for a single vile at my local Kroger. Fuck it.

>not eating the ass, whole

I don't like the taste of real saffron. It's metallic to me, like chewing on foil.
If forced, I use either fake-ass saffron (IE safflower) or good quality powdered dry turmeric instead.

What deranged mind created that pic, and what the hell does it have to do with you not liking basil?

I poo in loo

I tend to skip it on the few recipes that call for it.
Last time I used it I went full retard and poured the whole (tiny) vial into the food though to be honest the recipe called for almost half of what the container had.

What does saffron actually taste like?

Musty is the best I can describe it. We used some shit at work that was like $270 an oz so I recon it was the real deal. The flavor reminded me of a funeral parlor. Musty and vaguely floral, like pollen sticking in the back of your throat.

>Doesn't like cilantro
>>Calls it coriander
Coriander is its name in English. Calling it the Spanish word doesn't make you any fancier.

You faggot cannot determine what i eat/ what i cock with. You have no control over other peoples lives. That's a good enough reason for me.

This is accurate but I actually enjoy the taste

>paying THIS much for some horseshit

Yet another Sage thread on Veeky Forums tonight.
You going all out OP.

Tastes like dried ass worms.

It's rarely called for in the things I cook. I do have like 300g of it tho

Yeah basically this. I wish I liked it, but it's not for me. Outside of flavouring rice and then pouring curry all over it I don't want it near me.

No?

It doesn't go well with anything because its so pungent, but I had a lamb shank with saffron that tasted 'unique', it brings out a gamy taste if thats what you like

Yeah but the bulbs double almost every year. Plant 50 bulbs and in 5 years you'll have too much of it.

cuz turmeric is superior and cheaper